“It was overall good experience!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Mt. Olympus Resort to your Saves list
Mt. Olympus Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1701 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #56 of 79 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“It was overall good experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We decided to take our children on a mini vacation to Dells for a few days, after researching Internet and looking for something reasonable and fun I stumbled on a Mt. Olympus. I would say the watermark is a medium rather then large, amusement park inside is not all that big either, outside rides are better for older children, there was only 2 rides for my 5 year old! If you are planning a short trip to the dells this is a perfect place, but if its a week long vacation stay at the bigger resorts like Kalahari or Wilderness

• Stayed October 2012
Adammak, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
We thank you for choosing Mt. Olympus for your families mini vacation. Your feedback is always appreciated.
We do hope to have you as our guests again here at Mt. Olympus.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was very skeptical due to recent reviews on the various review sites. I wanted to get away somewhere close and chose to chance it with Mt. Olympus. We arrived to check in at Hotel Rome as this is currently the only check in area. We had a non Rome room booked according to the Web site, and we were offered to upgrade to Hotel Rome, I chose not to due to budget issues. The wait time was not too bad, and went rather smooth. We wanted to use the park right away and we had arrived early, our room was not ready yet, but to be expected as it was only 10:30. I was told that we could go to the park right away and we would receive a notification text when our room was ready which was pretty cool. I got the text at about 1:30 that our room was ready, and we needed a break for food. We went to Building 10 room 412 and we found a basic, clean room, with new wood flooring, rustic wood beds, and a bunk as we expected from the pictures. We used the microwave and refrigerator in the room for a quick snack and went back to the park for more fun. I, and my family had a great time, do not be afraid to enjoy this great resort. Be prepared to walk, because this is a large resort, and there is a lot to see and do.

Room Tip: I liked our room as it was on the even side of Building 10 that faced the woods, not the parking lot...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed themselves during your stay with us. Mt. Olympus is glad to hear of the good feedback from our guests. We do hope to see you as our guests again in the future.
Arnold, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My experience with Hotel Rome at Mt. Olympus is negative. The one positive I will say is the room was incredibly clean. The price for the hotel and amusement park passes is way overpriced. As we all know the weather in the Dells can be very chilly. The day we stayed here was very overcast and cold (although it was supposed to be hot). We tried the indoor park which was small and mediocre at best. The outdoor parks were mediocre including the worlds slowst lazy river which you had to stay in your rafts.... i was unimpressed. Hades was cool and that was the ONLY thing I enjoyed. Save your money! go to NOAHS ARK!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Dont Stay Here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
It is always unfortunate when the weather does not cooperate with our vacation plans! As the only Water and Theme Park Resort that includes an Indoor Water and Theme Park FREE with your stay, we are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with our parks and pricing. We would be more than happy to have a personal discussion about the issues you have mentioned. Please give us a call at your earliest convenience. We value customer feedback in all forms and find that detailed discussions of this nature help us in our continued efforts to provide the very best in family vacations. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Christin Rush
Mt. Olympus Resorts Management
Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My family and I had a great experience with Mt Olympus so far. I had originally reserved a room at the Wilderness, but when I wanted to stay an extra night they were not very helpful in giving us a decent rate even though I had already booked three other nights with them. Needless to say, I called Mt Olympus and not only did they give me a more affordable price, he also gave me the online discount they were offering after I explained I did not like reserving online due to a recent credit card being stolen.

The staff were very curtious and answered all our questions. Our rooms were very neat, although a little small from what I expected. We stayed during the off season, so I did not have to worry about the crowds or waiting in line. The waterpark is great for younger children. It's not as big as the other resorts, but it's great for the little ones! I also liked the theme park. Its great again for smaller children, but I wouldn't recommend it for older kids.

This is a great place to go if you have a young family! I can see some issues with the one elavator in lobby during busy times, but we never had issues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Barrington, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Check in was fast. Room was clean and comfortable. Absolutely no complaints. Don't understand the bad reviews. They couldn't have been at the Hotel Rome. Easy to be confused with all their "sister" motels. The restaurant/bar had pretty good prices for pretty good food. The lady working there in August was really rude and then gave us a dirty look when we didn't tip her. Maybe someone could translate in her language you need to be moderately civil to get a tip.

Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

It was disgusting. There was garbage everywhere. I went during the summer so we only went to the outdoor things and the indoor amusement park. Everything was so far away. It took us 15 minutes to walk from our room to the park. The parks were nice but, I stayed 2 nights - TOO LONG. It got so boring. Everything was so over priced. The water rides were nice. Lines weren't too long but, weren't short either. Staff was decent. The wooden rollercoasters were very bumpy. The underground one messed up our necks but, it was fun. Ride that last. The go carts were about the only thing I liked. There were a ton of tracks! The younger ones who couldn't drive felt like they could! The other thing I didnt like was you could buy tickets into the park so it was soooo crowded! Not fun! Our room was ready early, which was awesome! But, we got a terrible room! It was behind that stupid wall! You couldn't see anything! no sun lite no nothing! Also, they didn't have a balcony! BOO! The bunk beds were cool and different but, so much more expensive. They also need to advertise better! The rooms were a crappy version of the picture! All in All the first two days were a blast! That third day - BORING. I would recommend wilderness. More of a variety, bigger, cleaner and worth the walking.

Waunakee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Beware this hotel is under construction. There are no amenities at this location. There are no employees at this location unless you catch the maids. You check in at the main hotel then drive to this branch of cheap rooms. Pool empty, hot tub empty, bar closed, piers tore down, patio tore down. If you run out of anything and need extra good luck, you'll get it when the maids get to you! Do not stay on River Rd. until construction is complete! Don't let the sign at the Road get you excited, this is what it used to be before and the new to be! We called twice to get some resolution and got NO-WHERE!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!