“Good for a family vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Mt. Olympus Resort
1701 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #54 of 78 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Indiana, United States
“Good for a family vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My family and I had a great experience with Mt Olympus so far. I had originally reserved a room at the Wilderness, but when I wanted to stay an extra night they were not very helpful in giving us a decent rate even though I had already booked three other nights with them. Needless to say, I called Mt Olympus and not only did they give me a more affordable price, he also gave me the online discount they were offering after I explained I did not like reserving online due to a recent credit card being stolen.

The staff were very curtious and answered all our questions. Our rooms were very neat, although a little small from what I expected. We stayed during the off season, so I did not have to worry about the crowds or waiting in line. The waterpark is great for younger children. It's not as big as the other resorts, but it's great for the little ones! I also liked the theme park. Its great again for smaller children, but I wouldn't recommend it for older kids.

This is a great place to go if you have a young family! I can see some issues with the one elavator in lobby during busy times, but we never had issues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

759 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Barrington, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Check in was fast. Room was clean and comfortable. Absolutely no complaints. Don't understand the bad reviews. They couldn't have been at the Hotel Rome. Easy to be confused with all their "sister" motels. The restaurant/bar had pretty good prices for pretty good food. The lady working there in August was really rude and then gave us a dirty look when we didn't tip her. Maybe someone could translate in her language you need to be moderately civil to get a tip.

Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

It was disgusting. There was garbage everywhere. I went during the summer so we only went to the outdoor things and the indoor amusement park. Everything was so far away. It took us 15 minutes to walk from our room to the park. The parks were nice but, I stayed 2 nights - TOO LONG. It got so boring. Everything was so over priced. The water rides were nice. Lines weren't too long but, weren't short either. Staff was decent. The wooden rollercoasters were very bumpy. The underground one messed up our necks but, it was fun. Ride that last. The go carts were about the only thing I liked. There were a ton of tracks! The younger ones who couldn't drive felt like they could! The other thing I didnt like was you could buy tickets into the park so it was soooo crowded! Not fun! Our room was ready early, which was awesome! But, we got a terrible room! It was behind that stupid wall! You couldn't see anything! no sun lite no nothing! Also, they didn't have a balcony! BOO! The bunk beds were cool and different but, so much more expensive. They also need to advertise better! The rooms were a crappy version of the picture! All in All the first two days were a blast! That third day - BORING. I would recommend wilderness. More of a variety, bigger, cleaner and worth the walking.

Waunakee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Beware this hotel is under construction. There are no amenities at this location. There are no employees at this location unless you catch the maids. You check in at the main hotel then drive to this branch of cheap rooms. Pool empty, hot tub empty, bar closed, piers tore down, patio tore down. If you run out of anything and need extra good luck, you'll get it when the maids get to you! Do not stay on River Rd. until construction is complete! Don't let the sign at the Road get you excited, this is what it used to be before and the new to be! We called twice to get some resolution and got NO-WHERE!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Mt. Olympus is my family's annual vacation spot of choice. This place is AMAZING! We honestly have never had a bad experience while vacationing here. My children are 5 & 6, and absolutely love everything Mt. Olympus has to offer. We have stayed in Hotel Rome's rooms with the bunk beds (which my children LOVE), and we have also stayed in the VERY SPACIOUS suites (with the kitchenettes which I love (as I'm sure all you moms out there would too)). I'm very picky when it comes to the cleanliness of hotel rooms, but I must say that in all the years we have been vacationing at Mt. Olympus, not once have I ever had any issues in this department. The staff at the hotel is very quick and attentive to our needs (whether it's bringing us more shampoo, lotion, towels, etc.) and they always make our stay hassle free. I can go on and on about this resort, but basically in my opinion, if you have a family who likes pools, waterslides, water rides, roller coasters, go-carts, extreme rides, bumper cars, arcade games ... you get the picture, MT. OLYMPUS RESORTS in the DELLS is DEFINITELY FOR YOU & YOUR FAMILY! Trust me, as a mother of two younger children I'm telling you, you can't go wrong staying (& playing) here. :)

Room Tip: There are different room styles to choose from, but I would recommend ANY of the rooms at Hotel Rome...
Waterford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I spent last weekend at the Hotel Rome with my husband as a gift for his birthday. We loved the park especially the roller coasters and plan to come back next summer. Our room was clean and the service was great. Thanks to the front desk for helping me get ticketsto the ski show.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterford, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I recently took our kids to Mt Olympus and had a great time. My son loved the go carts and roller coasters and my girls spent all day in the waterpark mostly just looking at all the boys. Everyone had a blast. Nobody wanted to leave at the end of the day. For a budget conscious family, Mt Olympus is a great value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!