“FUN” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Saint Paul Park, Minnesota
“FUN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

4 adults and two children - one room (2 double beds and a set of bunk beds) PLUS free wristbands for all 6 - $150!!!! Great price ---- Great Fun! Plenty to do for all ages. Check in isn't until 4 but they will give you wristbands for the park (as early as 10:30) and text you when your room is ready

Room Tip: Rooms have refrigerator and microwave. Bring your own snacks and some microwave food - park food is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Booked my family last summer get away and was completely dissatisfied with the false information I was provided. I called several times upon my arrival to make sure what I requested was what I was receiving. I arrived at 11am to check in and was given great service however, the room with the greece wall art and three queen beds I booked was not where I was staying for the two days I booked. The one of many managers that were on site stated what I booked was where I was staying and that the "Themed" room meant I had hardwood floors. I had to find another place for my family of seven to sleep for the two nights I planned for our trip. This was an inconvenience because it was also Labor day weekend and no vacancies elsewhere. I demanded a full refund in which I found that myself and others checking in also where being deceived. The water park was fun which I received passes at another hotel I booked at last minute who provided free breakfast during my stay. If your reservations does not say you will stay at hotel Rome then be prepared to stay in one of the many other locations they have outside the main check in area.

• Stayed August 2012
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

After all the negative reviews I read after booking 3 rooms I was getting worried I might have made a mistake on this hotel. We stayed on site in hotel rome. We had 3 different rooms 2 on the 2nd floor and 1 on the 1st floor. stayed Thursday and Friday before labor day.

Check in-
Arrived on Thursday morning at about 11am. I waited in line for only a couple minutes before someone was available. It took about 30-40 minutes to check in with the three rooms. I did notice like others said the some of the front desk girls do have slight attitudes and strong accents but I think its just their culture. I didn't take the attitudes personal and was able to work out what they were speaking to me without a problem.

The rooms-
I was in both rooms on 2nd floor and was happy with everything. It was Clean had two things i didn't expect but liked was a mini fridge that got cold and a microwave. The rooms have hard wood looking floors. I liked the floors the best because the were clean. At other hotels that have carpet including a few bigger places I reviewed in the dells the carpet is always nasty looking. It was nice to feel clean in the room. We all sleep good in the beds. Not to flashy (like no wood border around the mirror and simple looking furniture) but everything worked and was clean. It was in the mid 90s for temps outside and our ac unit was easily able to keep up. we had the room ice cold and loved it. I never made it to the room on the1st floor but the people in that room said it was nice. Noise did travel very easy through the walls and ceiling. People in room above us did keep us awake just by walking around in their room. You could easily hear people in halls when they would be having a conversation while walking by.

Water park and theme park-
Had lots of fun. We had 13 people in our group from baby to 63 yr old. The water park had a couple areas the babies and little kids had hours of fun. My 5 yr old was able to do a lot of the bigger slides on the east side. 42" and taller. She was also able to do a roller coaster or two and ride the go carts. Go carts are average speed, tracks are bumpy but still fun. Roller coasters are way too bumpy We rode them all except Hades this time. 2 of us Got a headache from cyclops because of how bumpy it was. One year ago we(3 people) rode Hades and got such a bad headache from it we felt sick we also pulled mussels in our necks. They are exciting but just too bumpy and jerky for you to have fun.

Check out-
LAME who checks out at 1030am? we asked for a late checkout so we could give the younger kids a nap. they gave us till 11am still lame. I have been lucky at other places getting check out times at 1pm. but not here.

Overall - I will go back we paid between 95-140 for each room and thought we got a good deal. Our rooms were what we wanted and the staff we encountered were professional. If they wanted more money like175 or more I might look around for a better deal but for what i paid i was happy. water parks are great, go carts fun, and the roller coasters are brain scramblers way too rough.

Room Tip: When booking the room you want to make your request made because it looks like they reserve your roo...
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Number 1 reason to stay here is for the VALUE, as you get passes each day to use the all the water park areas and go-carts/roller coasters. Other than value, the place is getting more run down each year. From the poor service, to the dirty rooms, halls and grounds: you can do better.
But as I said before, if you want a cheap price for the whole trip, it MAY be worth it.

Room Tip: The bunk bed family rooms are decent.
Racine, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We came early to pre-register & were pleasantly surprised we could check in early to our room, around 11:30 am. We had no issues with the WI-FI, it worked fine. We were a little ways up in Posieden's village, but less than 5 minutes away from Mt. Olympus. We found the parking convenient to the water park area. Although there was no onsite staff, all you need to do is dial "0" from your phone & they are very accommodating with requests. For $70 a night plus $30 resort fee, I wasn't about to complain. Mostly families like ours staying there, I didn't hear any nonsense going on & we were not disturbed by other guests. We stayed Wed. Through Fri. The last week of Aug. 2012. Spending less on accommodations meant we could enjoy other Dells attractions, like the Tommy Bartlett Show & the Deer Park. All in all, we had a great little vacation with the kids, & we want to come back next year, if they're still running reasonable deals like this.

Room Tip: Cheaper to book online. However, you won't know where they'll put you in the "Village...
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Let me first say that after reading all of the reviews I was a little concerned about what awaited us at Mt. Olympus. Well, we arrived at around 4:00 and there was absolutely no line at all. Went straight to the front desk. The clerk was very nice and friendly. We had booked a room in the Hotel Rome and it looked just like the room in the picture with the two queens and bunk bed. The room was clean - we had a small fridge and microwave. Not the highest quality mattresses and linens - but we weren't expecting the Hilton. Let's face it - this is a cheesy resort - if you accept it for what it is - you will enjoy it. Our three teens totally enjoyed the parks and overall, it was a good experience. I have no real complaints at all and would stay here again - but only in the Hotel Rome.

Saukville, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Checking in: This was a complete joke! After a 5 hour car ride I spent 43 min in line waiting to checking in! Upon getting to an agent I was a bit caught off guard by how thick her accent was. I had to ask her to repeat herself several times, to which I got several eye rolls.

Our hotel: We stayed at Mykonos Village building 10. Honestly yes the hallways were musty, the carpets in the halls were old and worn, the wallpaper; yes wallpaper had scuffs on them from suitcases/maids carts. But honestly not that horrible at all! Right up there with motel 8 any day.

The room: I was prepared for the worst after reading these reviews. I honestly brought clorex wipes, Sanitizer and Lysol spray. I was pleasantly surprised when we opened our room and it smelled like cleaning solution. The dresser/desk were clean/dust free, fridge did not smell of mold nor did I find any in the stripping, microwave was immaculate, beds were free of bed bugs, laminate hwf were nicely cleaned. Yes the blankets were thin but that is why you have climate control in your room make it as warm as you want! Overall I was pleased! This is a Howard Johnson room in my opinion.

The bathroom: OK here is where it failed for me. The toilet had some very obvious pubic hair on the seat, and was not cleaned thoroughly (fecal matter under the rim). I read a lot about strange stains on the sink tops. Let me explain these to all of you non smokers. This hotel was built in the 70's, this was when u could still smoke in your room. In fact just 10 years ago you could smoke in select rooms in your hotel. These stains are from cigarette burns. When a smoker was doing their hair or makeup they would set down the smoke on the sink rim as it would burn down it would begin hitting the counter causing a burn mark. This is your mysterious stains. My shower was clean and mold free however missing a lower tile. Overall not a big deal to me. I would say the bathroom was motel 6 standards.

The water and theme parks: This was the biggest cluster of madness I have ever experienced. Not one worker spoke English or at least none I encountered. The go carts were very poorly policed as there were several instances of malicious crashes 2 I witnessed needing medical intervention. The que lines were insanely long but that wasn't the problem. Kids hitting, pushing, kicking and cutting in line without disciplinary action. Again if you tried to express your distress to any worker you would get a shoulder shrug and a mumbled don't understand. Kids not in little swimmers who very obviously needed to be. The wave pool had so much leaves/trash it honestly reminded me of lake Michigan. Every wave brought a new leaf/piece of grossness to me. In the theme park especially, there was trash everywhere we went. Cans laying everywhere, bottles cups, wrappers.

Parking for theme and water parks: The water park parking was insanely far away! Quite a hike. But honestly not unmanageable. My 3 and 7 year old walked it un-assisted both ways without complaint. Theme park parking was much closer a much more manageable walk.

Overall: The hotel stay was nice. What I expected for the price maybe even a bit better.
The parks water and theme were horrible! Way below what I could even begin to anticipate!
I would not go to the parks ever again! Which was pretty much the point in staying at the hotel in the first place. If you like overpriced teenage chuckie cheese this park is right up your ally!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!