My family just returned from a 2 night trip to the dells, I booked our room online under the Mykonos Village section 2 Q and bunk bed,I thought the price was good for spring break and the room looked fine from the picture. I have to say in reading the reviews I had a definate fear of what we were getting into with this resort/hotel they were absolutely terrible lots of them said it was a DUMP or DIRTY/SMELLY MOTEL and I called to cancel the reservation.
I spoke to a lady named Sharon she was very friendly so before cancelling I decided to ask about the room I booked and the location clearly they showed two very different styles of rooms in the pictures online under Mykonos Village. She explained that the motel style rooms are cheaper they come up first and DO NOT have bunk beds, MY room will not be in the blue and white MOTEL STYLE buildings but in a RESORT brown building #10 which is very nice and modern. She stated she wished they would show on the website the difference in locations. My nerves were a little calm then once she assured me that we were not going to be in a creepy motel.
So arriving,check in at Hotel Rome went fast there was a line but not too crowded. We took a private road to the RESORT building #10 as she had told me and were pleased we drove right past the blue and white MOTEL buildings. The room looked exactly like the picture,the best thing about it NO DIRTY CARPET there were hardwood like floors it was very clean and fresh.The kids loved the bunk beds and it was plenty room for 5 people, the microwave and mini fridge came in handy. It was quiet and a stones throw from the water/theme parks in the car. The bed was not that comfortable in my opinion but after a long day I was sound asleep anyway.
Overall the indoor water park was not HUGE but it was something for all ages to enjoy! My daughters 8 and 5 enjoyed the 3 slides on the kids side of the water park and were able to go down the big slides with life vests and with the adults if we wanted them to.The weather was nice so the outdoor theme park was open limited attractions but it was still fun. The wooden coasters cyclops and zeus ride a little rough but not a huge complaint about that there we no long lines so we rode a couple of times.
The Pizza Pub in front of the building has excellant food and you get a 10% discount and free delivery to the room. We were pleased with how fast it arrived and the quality.
Overall we were very pleased to have cleared up the lodging issue before our drive in,and had a great time. So I would recommend not going cheap if you are choosing Mykonos Village pick a nicer room with a bunk and you will stay in the RESORT building #10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 1 Indoor Go-Kart Track, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort