“Mykonos Village v/s Mykonos Resort Bldg.#10” 5 of 5 stars

Mt. Olympus Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1701 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #57 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“Mykonos Village v/s Mykonos Resort Bldg.#10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

My family just returned from a 2 night trip to the dells, I booked our room online under the Mykonos Village section 2 Q and bunk bed,I thought the price was good for spring break and the room looked fine from the picture. I have to say in reading the reviews I had a definate fear of what we were getting into with this resort/hotel they were absolutely terrible lots of them said it was a DUMP or DIRTY/SMELLY MOTEL and I called to cancel the reservation.

I spoke to a lady named Sharon she was very friendly so before cancelling I decided to ask about the room I booked and the location clearly they showed two very different styles of rooms in the pictures online under Mykonos Village. She explained that the motel style rooms are cheaper they come up first and DO NOT have bunk beds, MY room will not be in the blue and white MOTEL STYLE buildings but in a RESORT brown building #10 which is very nice and modern. She stated she wished they would show on the website the difference in locations. My nerves were a little calm then once she assured me that we were not going to be in a creepy motel.

So arriving,check in at Hotel Rome went fast there was a line but not too crowded. We took a private road to the RESORT building #10 as she had told me and were pleased we drove right past the blue and white MOTEL buildings. The room looked exactly like the picture,the best thing about it NO DIRTY CARPET there were hardwood like floors it was very clean and fresh.The kids loved the bunk beds and it was plenty room for 5 people, the microwave and mini fridge came in handy. It was quiet and a stones throw from the water/theme parks in the car. The bed was not that comfortable in my opinion but after a long day I was sound asleep anyway.

Overall the indoor water park was not HUGE but it was something for all ages to enjoy! My daughters 8 and 5 enjoyed the 3 slides on the kids side of the water park and were able to go down the big slides with life vests and with the adults if we wanted them to.The weather was nice so the outdoor theme park was open limited attractions but it was still fun. The wooden coasters cyclops and zeus ride a little rough but not a huge complaint about that there we no long lines so we rode a couple of times.

The Pizza Pub in front of the building has excellant food and you get a 10% discount and free delivery to the room. We were pleased with how fast it arrived and the quality.

Overall we were very pleased to have cleared up the lodging issue before our drive in,and had a great time. So I would recommend not going cheap if you are choosing Mykonos Village pick a nicer room with a bunk and you will stay in the RESORT building #10

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Normal, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This review is based on our stay at Hotel Rome & not the Mt. Olympus theme/water parks! Our family of 5 (kids ages 15, 12 & 3) stayed at Hotel Rome from March 23-26. I'd first like to say that our kids had a great time playing at the indoor theme park & water park. They are very conveniently located, easily accessible & parking is decent. With that being said, Hotel Rome was EXTREMELY busy...so busy that they didn't have time to take care of their customers, but not too busy that they can't take your money! When we made the reservation they were aware that we were making it for a family of 5 yet only gave us 2 beds (we stayed in the Luxury King Suite that had one King & one double bed & should’ve had the Luxury FAMILY King Suite) & charged us extra for a rollaway, when we should've had an extra bed anyway! Housekeeping cleaned our room ONE time the entire length of our stay. We had to go get our own bath towels because they didn't bring us any, our bathroom smelled like a urinal when we got there & remained that way the entire time, our used washcloths were never taken, beds weren't made & our floors weren't slept. When we called to report that Housekeeping had not been to our room they told us that they were running behind however, they still never came. If you are taking your family, I HIGHLY recommend staying at a place that offers at LEAST some sort of free breakfast. When checking out, we voiced our issues & they apologized & told us they’d fix it for the next family….REALLY?!? I MIGHT go back to the Mt. Olympus parks, but I will NOT stay or recommend Hotel Rome!

Buffalo Grove, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was ok - indoor waterpark and amusement park are small but nice. My family a bit too old for this one - might be great for families with little ones.

• Stayed March 2012
Central Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I booked a block of rooms at this property for a youth sports event in Wisconsin Dells. The girls wanted to go to Mt Olympus so I went through them and ended up booking rooms at Santorini Village. I knew going in that the property was not on-site and along the river. The view was very good! What they didn't tell us initially was that there is NO staff at the Santorini Village except cleaning staff in the morning. The rooms are run down and in poor condition and the exterior looks institutional. Everyone who stayed felt like they had a "bat and switch" pulled on them. Also, you have to check in at the Hotel Rome, next to the waterpark, and then go on to your room at Santorini which is about a mile or so away. Very inconvenient.

I would not recommend this hotel for anyone, mostly because for the price they charged you can stay at better accommodations for less money and still receive waterpark passes. We had other teams stay for the same tournament and they stayed at Super 8, Comfort Inn and Best Western and all received waterpark passes and paid between $70 - $85 per night. Santorini Village was $99 per night.

I stay at budget hotels all the time (Days Inn, Super 8, Motel 6) so I don't have a problem with older hotels and less than stellar accommodations so a little wear doesn't scare me. But I draw the line at paying more for less.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Troy, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have visited many waterparks all over USA, where they offer nice lodging on premises. Rome fell short on comparison. A room at $500 + better offer more than just two beds and access to waterpark for 4. I agree that price varies for people who buy them at different places, but I am stating what waterpark is charging on their own website. Place is so busy in pick timings that no one has time for you. You run out of coffee, better be ready to wait 2 hours, same goes for towels, or anything else.
I give them three stars because parking and access to waterpark is very convenient, and waterpark is very nice. I may visit again, but wont stay at Rome.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Hotel Rome is very nice and clean I must say. The was about 20 of us who went and all different age groups. From Adults to childrens to teenagers. Every group had a different room. I had the King Suite. I went into eveyones room to see hows there's looked and all the rooms were spacious and very clean. The water Park was a bit small but it was ok for our kids. They had a great time. Since we did go in March the outside was closed but they did have a few rides open. They had 2 Go kart tracks that were open which was good enough for me. We also got a free pass to go snow tubing. I think this was the best part for me in this trip. Snow tubing in 60 degree weather. I can ask for more. We had so much fun snow tubing, I loved it! I know Mt. Olympus has other little hotel/motels that are away from the water pk and attractions so I suggest you stay at Rome. Over all my stay at this hotel was fun.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

My family & I stayed at Hotel Rome March 7 - March 9th. We paid $308 for 2 nights for (2) rooms with 2 queen beds, of which included a microwave, hair dryer, mini refrigerator, iron w/ ironing board, and 26 inch flat screen tv. We also were given Mt. Olympus wristbands for our stay for FREE! The rooms were immaculate and the staff were very friendly. I'd definitely recommend staying at Hotel Room instead of staying at Mykonos Village, Zeus Village, Santorini Village, or Poseidons Village if it's important to not have to drive over to Mt. Olympus Park. I loved the convenience of being able to walk through Hotel Rome's skywalk to get to Mt. Olympus Park. Only the indoor waterpark and indoor theme park were open when my family & I stayed at Hotel Rome. Hotel Room has a game room that's open 24-hrs a day, which reminded me of Dave & Buster or Chuck E Cheese's. The indoor theme park has a game room, as well, and carnival games, which cost more money. Laser tag and rock climbing were available also. Laser tag was $5 for 10 minutes of play. Rock climbing was either $7 or $10.

The waterpark was fun! My husband & I spent alot of time in the jacuzzi. By the way, bring money for the locker rental. You'll be charged $10.50 for the locker rental, and refunded $5.50 when you return the locker key.

I used a promocode "SERVICE" and ended up paying about $76 per room each day, however, the promocode has blackout dates.

GO HERE --------> http://www.mtolympuspark.com/

Room Tip: Use promocode "SERVICE" which is available for use through May 2012. But, beware there are...