“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Hotel Rome is very nice and clean I must say. The was about 20 of us who went and all different age groups. From Adults to childrens to teenagers. Every group had a different room. I had the King Suite. I went into eveyones room to see hows there's looked and all the rooms were spacious and very clean. The water Park was a bit small but it was ok for our kids. They had a great time. Since we did go in March the outside was closed but they did have a few rides open. They had 2 Go kart tracks that were open which was good enough for me. We also got a free pass to go snow tubing. I think this was the best part for me in this trip. Snow tubing in 60 degree weather. I can ask for more. We had so much fun snow tubing, I loved it! I know Mt. Olympus has other little hotel/motels that are away from the water pk and attractions so I suggest you stay at Rome. Over all my stay at this hotel was fun.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

My family & I stayed at Hotel Rome March 7 - March 9th. We paid $308 for 2 nights for (2) rooms with 2 queen beds, of which included a microwave, hair dryer, mini refrigerator, iron w/ ironing board, and 26 inch flat screen tv. We also were given Mt. Olympus wristbands for our stay for FREE! The rooms were immaculate and the staff were very friendly. I'd definitely recommend staying at Hotel Room instead of staying at Mykonos Village, Zeus Village, Santorini Village, or Poseidons Village if it's important to not have to drive over to Mt. Olympus Park. I loved the convenience of being able to walk through Hotel Rome's skywalk to get to Mt. Olympus Park. Only the indoor waterpark and indoor theme park were open when my family & I stayed at Hotel Rome. Hotel Room has a game room that's open 24-hrs a day, which reminded me of Dave & Buster or Chuck E Cheese's. The indoor theme park has a game room, as well, and carnival games, which cost more money. Laser tag and rock climbing were available also. Laser tag was $5 for 10 minutes of play. Rock climbing was either $7 or $10.

The waterpark was fun! My husband & I spent alot of time in the jacuzzi. By the way, bring money for the locker rental. You'll be charged $10.50 for the locker rental, and refunded $5.50 when you return the locker key.

I used a promocode "SERVICE" and ended up paying about $76 per room each day, however, the promocode has blackout dates.

GO HERE --------> http://www.mtolympuspark.com/

Room Tip: Use promocode "SERVICE" which is available for use through May 2012. But, beware there are...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

When I stayed at the mt Olympus I stayed with my family and we were fine with one room so the first night we stayed in I had a room in the room my younger brothers shared a bed and my parents shared a room and that was fine but the second night we had to move to another room and that room only had 2 beds and there was 5 people so we had to call the hotel and tell them to get us another bed or mattress and I was horrified to find that they gave me a crappy thin twin mattress with wheels

• Stayed February 2012
Winamac, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom suite, that doubled as a time share. The room was not up to par at all. There were marks all over the walls where the paint had been chipped, light bulbs were out, the lighting itself was worthless, and the staff was rude. We definitely won't spend the money to stay here again.

Crown Point IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Me, my husband and our two boys ages 13 and 12 stayed here Feb 17th-19th, 2012. We paid $270 for two nights in a room with two queen beds only. Upon check-in you are just about attacked by the time-share people for the Christmas Mountain resort. When you tell them you are not interested they are pretty rude to you. The room was okay, nothing special and the layout really wastes space in the room. We encountered two problems during our short stay. The toilet would not flush, and when we called the front desk they sent down two teenage-looking girls with a plunger. You can guess how that went. After they determined they could not fix the problem, they said they would send maintenance down. After an hour and no maintenance person I called the desk again. It was at least another hour before someone finally came and fixed it. On Saturday morning we got up and got ready to go out for breakfast as this place does not have a restaurant. As we were just about ready to leave, approximately 10:30 am, housekeeping knocked one quick knock and entered our room. Good thing I wasn't naked. I explained to her that we were about to walk out and would be out of our room in two minutes. She agreed and we left quickly. We were not back to our room until about 1:00 pm and housekeeping had not come back. On our way to the waterpark (which is small, lame and dirty by the way), I stopped at the desk and told them that housekeeping never came. She assured me that they would go to our room immediately. We were at the waterpark for a few hours and returned to our room around 4:00 pm. Still no housekeeping. We planned on hanging out in our room for awhile and did not want to have to vacate for them to clean so I called the desk and just asked that they send someone with clean towels as I had already made the beds. This took another two hours. While in our room, the phone rang and my son answered it. He handed the phone to me and I assumed it was the front desk. It was someone from the time-share asking me why we had not "taken advantage" of our tour of Christmas Mountain and wanting me to sign up for a two hour tour. I explained again that as we were only staying 48 hours I was not interested and SHE HUNG UP ON ME! I went down to the front desk and complained about the housekeeping issue AND told them how invasive it was that these sales people called my room and asked for me by name to harrass me. The girl at the desk basically apologized and that was that.

In summary, the waterpark is fine if your kids are under 6. The "amusement park" is a HUGE joke and again is probably fine for the under 6 age group. Be aware, the time share people are set up in there too. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

This is a great place for families with kids 14 and under. It is reasonably priced compared to the other resorts in the area. Hotel Rome is different from Mykonos Village and many of the other hotel/motel's that have the negative reviews. Hotel Rome is the main hotel that is actually connected to the waterpark. Our room was very clean and large. We had 2 queen beds plus a set of bunk beds, which would be great for a family. The indoor waterpark and indoor themepark are both geared towards younger kids (ages 5-14). Our only real complaint is how thin the walls are. You can hear everything going on everywhere around your room. Anyone walking down the hall, or talking in the hall you can hear it very clearly. Also there were obnoxious kids upstairs from us running back and forth slamming doors and such which we could hear very clearly. On a more personal preference, I wish more of the employees had English as their first language. Sometimes it was very hard to understand what they were saying, but seeing this is Wisconsin Dells, this is to be expected almost everywhere you go.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I booked a room online at the Mt. Olympus website. I was okay with paying a bit less for what looked like a decent "themed" room that was not attached to the main Hotel Rome/indoor waterpark but still provided the benefit of free access to the park. Little did I know that "Mykonos Village" actually meant "dirty motel". Check-In was still at the Hotel Rome, where we found the hotel staff to be generally short and non-accomodating. I expressed an interest in upgrading due to the dissappointment in just the looks of the exterior of our motel and was told it would cost $200 more PER NIGHT to upgrade, and there was no refund option at that point. So, we drove to our motel hoping that the inside may just actually be as decent as it appeared in the online photo but to our disappointment the inside was in even worse condition than the outside. The hallway was dingy, smelly, and uninviting. Our room was essentially a sub-par motel room with themed wallpaper. We found the door in our room that led directly outside to be unlocked, and the window was unlocked as well. Our room was on the first floor...good thing I double checked before we unloaded all of our belongings and headed out for the day. The door leading into our room from the hall looked as though it had been previously pried open by possibly a crow bar?! The TV rattled continuously when we tried to watch it. When the guests above us flushed their toilet it sounded as though we were being hit by a hurricane. Our room was right next to the back door and everytime someone came in or out the door squeeked and slammed shut loudly...hence no sleep all night. The blankets on the bed were just that...a thin blanket which you normally find between the top sheet and the coverlet. Thankfully the heater worked well or we would have froze because it's February in Wisconsin! The indoor waterpark and themepark were a let down as well...small and little to do. So not worth the money.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!