“Overall a wonderful place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
You added Kalahari Resorts & Conventions to your Saves list
1305 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Isanti, Minnesota
“Overall a wonderful place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed at the Kalahari in a Royal Queen 2 BR suite. The room was very nice, clean spacious. There were 4 adults and 2 children in the room and that was spacious enough. We overlooked the waterpark and the view was awesome. There was a small refrigerator in the room but no controls to set the temperature and it didn't work very well. Mostly things were good but here were my few suggestions. 1. The music in the outside water park is VERY loud and it is very obvious in the rooms. It is off by around 8-8:30 at night but starts back up around 9 am. To try to take a nap or rest in your room during the day is very dificult as it is very loud. 2. When you come into the resort there are a lot of the hand sanitizer stations which was great but in the germiest areas - ie: the inside arcade and in the waterparks there is not one to be found! I would suggest they be put by the food court areas and as you come into or leave the arcade and the water park areas. 3. Damons restaurant - we didn't have a very good waitress - for example we got an onion blossum appetizer but were given no plates to try to share. Everyone was reaching over everyone to try to get to it in the center of the table. That is just one example of several. The food was average and fairly expensive. The food overall was average and greasy and of course expensive. Why can't restaurants start having more healthy options for families? It gets tiring to have a greasy burger and fries. Why can't a side salad be an option instead of greasy fries? There was a lot to do at the Kalahari and we had a lot of fun. You really don't have to leave to go anywhere else if you don't want to. It is all there. The arcade with the go carts, climbing wall, rope challenge, ferris wheel is a nice addition. Of course you have people who don't know how to drive the go carts smashing into people but they are able to slow people down when they see that coming but it still happens. Because it is a closed in area, it is quite loud when that happens. I have heard a lot of reviews about the customer service but we found everyone to be friendly and helpful. Our jets didn't work well in the jacuzzi. Maintenance was up right away and fixed the problem. He was very nice and helpful so we didn't have any customer service issues. We were going to order room service one morning with the 19% "service charge". I asked when I was ordering if that service charge included tip and they said they only get 5% of that amount so we ordered and went and picked it up instead. Overall a wonderful stay and with the few minor issues listed, it would have been a 5 star stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

the Kalahari was a wonderful experience! It's waterpark and theme park were full of fun! The rooms were great. The only problem we had was the staff. I went to take a shower to find that the faucet was broken. my family and I called the front desk to tell them. They said they would take care of it. Nobody came to fix it. The next morning are trip was done. So we left. I go home and check my bank account on the computer. The Kalahari took $800 out of my bank account! I immediately called the resort because I knew we didn't spend $800 on our stay. They said they charged me because I broke the faucet. I told them I didn't break it, it was broken when we got there. They wouldn't believe me! So I had to pay $800 for something my family and I didn't do! Everything was nice except staff.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I have stayed at the Kalahari a couple of times for meetings. I always wish I could stay longer and have a little fun! There seems to be so much to do! The rooms are great, really comfortable and spacious. The conference rooms were amazing, so much better than other hotels I have been to for conferences. Long tables with high back leather chairs, definitely makes a long days looking a spreadsheets and powerpoints much more comfortable. I really hope to make it back to the Kalahari for a vacation rather than business. The rates seem really reasonable as well. Definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Oak Forest, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

Been coming out to the Dells for a few years now with the kids. Tried out the main resorts in the area and founf that Kalahari is overall the best for younger kids. Even switched from Great Wolf mid week. Great enviroment, many of things to do, what else can you ask for. It is a bit pricey but well worth the money with all the things to do.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Commerce Township, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Its a great time. Young kids will have a blast at the water park and arcade there. My family loved it. I would recommend it. It is the best water park ever!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Milwaukee WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We were last at Kalahari in 2005. My 4 person family visited for a long weekend then we came back with our HUGE group of 5 families with kids. Back then we stayed at the condos that are connected to the hotel on the other side of the convention center.

This year our group had grown by a bit. We were up to 10 adults, 11 kids, 3 tweens and 1 baby. Due to our size we chose the Nyumba entertainment loft condo which is a stand alone 3 story building with 5 proper bedrooms and 2 extra sleeping areas. Just hit the web site and check out the pics and the lay out. It was beyond expectation. On par with luxury condos I have stayed at in CO and MX. Adults loved the BIG kitchen/living/gathering area and the kids loved the basement bar, game room and "theater." Basement also had dart board (no darts though, and we did not ask for any) and a pool table. We had a huge parking area and backed our cars right up to the front door to unload. We also had a HUGE two level deck, but it was a bit cold to take advantage of.

One of our big concerns was transportation to and from the waterpark. Every place we had stayed in our 4 years allowed you to just walk in your suits to the waterpark. This set up was going to require that we call a shuttle. It just did not sound very good at all, but it turned out to be great. We had 3 or 4 different drivers of the semi luxury tour type bus and all of them were a blast. Joking with kids, asking about our stay, playing the Kalahari sing-a-long videos on the bus entertainment system... The ride to the park became part of the fun for the whole group. If we had people not ready the drivers would yell out his window "Don't rush, I'll drop this group and be back in 5!" Over the top great service from the driving staff.

The rides are the rides. Same as others have described here. In general, great areas for little kids, perfect big area for your medium sized kids and then a heaping serving of big scary rides for big kids and grown ups.

In our 5 years of going to parks this is only the second time (Chula Vista was the first) that we were at a park where EVERY RIDE WAS OPEN. It really makes a big difference.

Other great things about the Kalahari Water park is the food and bars. There are just a lot of choices. Nothing over the top but all decent quality and fairly priced.

On our first stays at Kalahari we were not blown away by the staff at all, but this time the staff was incredible. We had always said no staff could top Great Wolf, but Kalahari certainly equaled Great Wolf this trip.

I would recommend to absolutely anyone, especially if you can get a group and stay at one of the new off site condos.

• Stayed November 2009
Lombard, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

My family and I have been going to Kalahari for the past five years. We all get one room and stay over night. Last year we decided to go to Great Wolf Lodge to change it up a little - We looked out our hotel balacony wishing we had went to Kalahari the whole time. Staff is wonderful. Plenty of things for kids to do. The last time we stayed they upgraded our room for us because we book there every year. It was such a great surprise. We are going back there this July - Can't wait!!!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

Been to Kalahari Resorts & Conventions? Share your experiences!