“A great family resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
McHenry, Illinois
“A great family resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A great resort, very friendly, helpful and caring help. Check in was fast and efficient, we did not feel we were rushed. Plenty to do in the resort, water park, activity schedule, very well run. The indoor and outdoor pools were amazing. Alot of activities for all ages. Good selection of food at a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, yesterday
Thanks for the great review Cheryl, we appreciate your kind words! I will be sure to share this with our team, we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
Stoughton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I took our 3 grandsons to Kalahari for a 1 night stay. This was the boys choice (over Chicago) and we happily obliged. We reserved a Desert room in the main building to be close to the water park and arrived around noon. We encountered a long line queuing for early check-in and wished we had arrived an earlier. We had a choice to move in immediately to a room with the parking lot view or wait until a room on water park side opened up and decided to accept the first.

The weather was unseasonably cold so we only used the indoor water park, which was fun but crowded. We took advantage of our free Tommy Bartlett tickets that evening and the next day used our free tickets for the Timbavati wildlife park. These were very worthwhile and a great promo for Kalahari. The other big encouragement to a stay at Kalahari was the fact that though staying one night, you have 2 days use for the water parks, starting at noon your check-in day and through closing on your check-out day. We did not use the water park our last day but did use the indoor theme park's rope course which was fun.

The only negative was the Desert room we had. Our 10 year old grandson complained about the sofa bed being uncomfortable, and the room was not special. Yet, we got a a lot of value from our $252 room for the 5 of us. Staff was very friendly.

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you so much for this feedback! It sounds like a great end of summer trip for your family before school starts back up. And I also wish it could have been warmer during your stay with us but it is nice to hear that your family had a blast either way! Thank you for the feedback about the comfort of our sofa bed, I will be sure to pass this on to our team. Hope to see you back soon!
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband had a conference to attend at the kalahari, so my 4 year old daughter and I joined him for his 2 night stay. Although I felt $47 extra a night to add an extra adult to the room was a bit excessive, it was well worth it. The grounds and hotel were very clean and the atmosphere was amazing. I love that they have so much for the little ones to do, we have been to quite a few waterpark resorts and a lot of them cater more toward teenagers. There was plenty for her to do in the indoor and outdoor water park, plus the playground and sandbox was a bonus!! My daughter also loved the little ropes course and bumper boats that were for guests UNDER 48", it was so nice to not have to tell her she was too little for everything. She also loved the little climbing play area with slides located in the arcade, also perfect for her age!! We were in the sands building, the last room on the end and it was very quiet (as to be expected, since we were the last room), except the room above us the 1st night must have been jumping or banging something around. It kept me up until 11:30, when they finally settled down. The 2nd night I didn't hear a thing. The staff were all very friendly.....housekeeping, desk, restaurant, pools, amusement park, maintenance, everyone we encountered was great! The breakfast buffet was a bit pricey for a 4 year old, but all the guests in front of me had free passes for breakfast, I felt like I was the only one who actually paid? We will be back again!! My husband and I stayed alone in May and had a great time as well. The swim up bar was nice, with a friendly bartender and the shuttle to the casino was nice.

Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Thank you very much for this great feedback. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to our team about our buffet and the amount we charge for an extra adult. Other than that it sounds like a perfect trip and I am so happy to hear that your 4 your old daughter found plenty to do and had a blast. Hope to have you back very soon!
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We always have a great time at the Kalahari in the Wisconsin Dells. The resort is very clean, staff are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. The rooms are very clean! They have both indoor and outdoor waterparks that fit the age of the whole family. In addition there is a game and ride area along with a full size movie theater.The resort also has top-notch restaurants like the Double Cut Steak house down to pizza. The coffee and sweet shop has the best in unique treats. Very easy to get to, you can't miss it. Just off the interstate.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Hi Deb, thank you for this great review! It sounds like you had a great visit and we couldn’t be happier to read these great comments about our resort. Thank you so much for sharing and hope to see you again soon!
Wood Dale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We are going over there every year. The place is awesome. Service.water parks.clean and great.a must go for the family.we have 9,7,5and 4 year olds.they LOVE it!!!!we signed up for promotions and they send us email when some deals are on.this year we had hotel,water park Tommy Bartlet show and zoo for a $100 for whole family! Can't beat this!!

Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hi Adam! It is so great to hear about this amazing time everyone had during your stay here with us! I am thrilled about the awesome deal you were offered and sure hope you can bring the family again during the next great deal! See you soon!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Kalahari for a conference. The first night there the lights were out for about 2 hours. Now, this seems like it would be daunting; however, the staff at the Kalahari went above and beyond to keep all guests and the many children happy.
Even during the power outage guest services brought us a bottle opener, which was requested just prior to the power going out.
If, you are going to the Kalahari for business, leisure or family fun it is truly a great place. The staff is so very accommodating and genuinely kind/caring. I stay here when ever I can!!!!

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room here.
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for this great review!! I am so thrilled to hear about your experience with us since you were here during our unfortunate power outage. It is so great that you were accommodated perfectly during this situation and still had a blast. It was a pleasure having you here and can’t wait to see you next time!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have stayed at the Kalahari many times and this is the first time I have been disappointed. The hotel has gone from excellent to average. The beds seem over worked and in need of replacement. The waterpark is no longer relaxing they have taken away the lounge chairs and replaced with chairs and tables, I think to be able to crowd more people in.

Room Tip: Pay for a suite or stay in the Sands building. A little farther away from waterpark but worth the wa...
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Hi Alan, I am very sorry to hear about this disappointed with your last stay here with us. I will make sure to pass this feedback onto my team so we can address the issues immediately and hope that you next stay with us is excellent again. We hope to see you again for a flawless experience; thank you so much for sharing this with us!