“Mixed review” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Billings, Montana
“Mixed review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at Kalahari. We had a nice room to start but yesterday my hubby found out we could upgrade to a larger room for just $60 more. He moved our stuff while the kids and I played at the water park. After playing till almost 7pm we went back to the new room to change for dinner. I realized my husband didn't know I had loaded some of my clothes into the drawers at the first room. We called the room and the new occupants said when they moved into the room the drawers were empty. 24 hours later, The hotel still has not located my belongings which is a huge disappointment And an expensive one. ;(

My kids loved the heck out of both water parks, the environment and staff were generally helpful and accommodating. I do believe management is doing their best to investigate the whereabouts of my missing clothing (2 drawers full--MIA) so let's keep our fingers crossed!

Stayed July 2014
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hi Kim. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Waterpark and that you got an upgrade, however that is terrible to hear about your clothes. I have connected with our management and housekeeping team and we are requesting your contact information so that we can further look into the incident and and correct it. Please connect with us at SocialConnect@KalahariResorts.com so we can investigate further. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I came down with our 2 year old son and my in laws for 3 nights for a summer getaway. We haven't been to the dells in ages and opted to go with the kalahari. We were definetly not disappointed! Both water parks were great! Endless fun for kids and adults alike. Lots of food and drink options. However, we ordered some drinks poolside one day and needless to say they were very pricey. My 2 year old had a blast at both waterparks! The kids splash area was awesome! The water was a bit cold though which was discerning, when my son didn't want to go back in it the third day because he was afraid to get too cold. The food was great- we ate dinner buffet one night and lunches at the indoor snack area/ grille. Lots of good options. The pizza was pretty good too!

The only thing we didn't care much for was the indoor theme park. The rides were the shortest I've ever experienced anywhere. Not worth paying $3+ for a merry go round ride when it lasts about 1-2 minutes. The games were fun, we earned a ton of tickets, only to find out the prizes were awful. When we went to redeem our 600+ tickets there was nothing of interest. The choices were terrible. I think we went home with a rinky dink pack of 5 little race cars that nearly fell apart the first time my son played with them, and some little plastic fish. We were disappointed with the prize selection. However on our last night we played around in the smaller arcade just off of the indoor waterpark and saw there were some better options in there.

The room was nice. We had one of the desert suites I believe- 2 queen beds and a king bedroom as well. We had no issues with the room. The beds and pillows were comfy. It was nice to have two bathrooms and a seperater room to put our little guy to sleep. The patio was really nice too. We were on the first floor with a nice outdoor patio set to lounge on with a view of the pool. No issues with noise links some others have mentioned.

Overall we had a great visit as look forward to coming again!

Stayed July 2014
I am just thrilled to hear that your son and in-laws had a great trip with us at Kalahari! The indoor and outdoor waterparks are definitely the best way to spend time during your getaway. The kids areas within both waterparks offer plenty of fun for the little ones.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience at the Indoor Theme Park. The experience is different compared to other arcades our guests have been to in the past. We appreciate the feedback and will use your recommendations in the future.
I am glad you were very satisfied with your suite and that you enjoyed the patio. Thanks again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you all back again sometime.
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were traveling with our boys age 9 and my parents in their 60s. There was something for everyone to enjoy. My boys and husband loved the boogie board wave ride. They also enjoyed the Screaming Hyena slide. They even managed to get my 63 year old mother to ride that one.
We had a suite with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. The room was spacious, clean and really comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
It's so great when the whole family gets together for a wonderful getaway. We pride ourselves in providing fun for all ages, all under one roof. I'm thrilled to hear that everyone was able to find something they were able to enjoy. The Flowrider and Screaming Hyena are definitely highlights of the Waterpark. Great choices! I'm so glad the room was plenty big for you and we look forward to having you all back again soon. Take care!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed this resort. So much to do. Excellent restaurants. Wonderful spa. Staff are warm and welcoming. Service was excellent. Loved all the African decor. Has many gift shops. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for writing a review on us. I'm thrilled to hear that you had an amazing time in the Restaurants, Spa and you enjoyed the African decor around the Resort. I'm happy to hear you'll stay here again and I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. Thanks again and take care!
Blantyre, Malawi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great place with lots to particularly for the kids.. Rooms are nice n spacious with lovely views of the pool from the balcony, we got the Nyumba side rooms..The double cut restaurant was an absolute delight though slightly pricey!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I am so thrilled to hear that you and the kids all had a wonderful time with us. The Nyumba villas are always a great way to experience the Resort with a little extra fun! Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you back again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have been to Kalahari 4 times now (Great Wolf when they were younger). I have enjoyed every trip but boy is it expensive(bring snacks!). Anytime of year is fun so if you can get a deal/package take it. Pack in as much as you can in a two day visit (come early/leave late). Leave the kids wanting for a following trip next year instead of asking for money for the amusement park or the movies or going into town to walk around, etc. If you go during the Summer you can finish your trip at a hotel downtown and enjoy the other sights in the Dells(the "Ducks", Tommy Bartlett, Go Karts, Mini Golf, etc.) without the high waterpark prices.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for the review and thank you for your loyalty with us. The package deals are a great way to take advantage of a lot of what Kalahari Resort has to offer, but with keeping the price down low. I am glad you're always able to find a great deal when staying with us. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Dells.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

me and my kids love the villa we was in at kalahari resorts....cant go wrong with this resort,inside and outside water part was fantastic...food was great , bowling was fun and even a night at the movies was good, all inwhich was right on the resort in walking distance.

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice but the best is the villa