“Christmas get away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Save Saved
You added Kalahari Resorts & Conventions to your Saves list
1305 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“Christmas get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is the second year in a row we have spent the Christmas holidays at the Kalahari. It is a great place for the family with kids of all ages. This is the first trip for my one year old granddaughter to join us. We all had a great time. The resort is conveniently located to the highway, outlet mall and ski hills. But if you don't want to venture outdoors, there is plenty to do within the resort for "kids" of all ages. There is a wonderful Christmas buffet offered, which we have participated in both years we were staying, the only negative is being the holidays, it seemed to take housekeeping all day to get to our rooms. It was so late in the day that we just told them to take the garbage and leave clean towels. Great family place! Must hit the outdoor hot tub in the winter months! Totally awesome!

Room Tip: We stayed in the condos away from the crowds. Very nice and roomy for 6 adults and 3 kids. Roomy and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
It's so nice to hear that you had a wonderful stay over the Christmas Holiday with us. Thank you for choosing Kalahari for a second Christmas and I hope you stay with us agin in the future. How wonderful that your granddaughter was able to take advantage of the Waterpark as well. It's also nice that you were able to take a trip around to some of the surrounding attractions, like the outlet mall across the street. I hope you enjoyed the Christmas Buffet for your second year in a row! Take care an we'll see you next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We made our reservation for Christmas day to Sunday the 29th of December. I called in November and dropped the first night knowing we wouldn't get in until late Christmas day. The lady on the phone was very helpful and switched the reservation for us. She told me we would have a credit of 11.73 coming back to us. She asked if I wanted her to mail it or I could just wait until we checked in and get it. I told her we would get it when we checked in. She confirmed our reservation dates and sent me an email showing the credit. The total for the 3 nights was 902.97 this was for an average room that also included a pizza and 4 pops, a game of bowling, and the amusement park tickets for our family of four. When I checked in the young man at the counter told me I owed 221.00. I told him no we have a credit and I can get the email and confirmation number showing him the credit. He went and got the manager Rick. Rick told us that he would have to check into it but to go ahead and get us our room and he would call me when he got things figured out. That night at about 8 he called and said he was unable to get ahold of his boss but he would let us know first thing in the morning. The next day I went to the front desk at 10:00 am to see what was going on. They still hadn't heard anything. I was told they would call me. At around 3 I called they still knew nothing. At 8:30pm that night Rick called us and stated they found the phone conversation between the reservation lady and me and that she clearly told me there would be a refund coming to us. He said he would give all this information to his boss and get back to me. The NEXT day at 9:00 PM I got a call from rick saying that they had made a mistake and we still owe this additional 221.00 or we would have to leave. I told him even though this was their mistake and I had all the emails stating they owed ME money and they listened to the phone call with the lady telling us they owed us we had to leave. I told him we already paid 914.70 for three nights and they wanted 221.00 more. I told him with this being Christmas we didn't have it in our budget to pay ALMOST 1200.00 for a 3 night stay He did say that it was their mistake and he was sorry but we still owed the additional money. We drove the 6 hours back home a day early. We paid 914.70 for a two night stay at Kalahari. There are so many other great places to choose from in Wisconsin Dell. We will never stay at Kalahari and have informed many people to choose a different Wisconsin Dell resort. Even with every bit of paperwork, confirmation numbers, and the recorded phone calls they still didn't care about us they cared about taking more money.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We so very much appreciate your time to reach out to us. I am so, so very sorry to hear about your experience. Please make no mistake, we have taken your concerns and situation very seriously. I have connected with our management team. Our management team will be reaching out to you today. If you are unable to connect with them today or need anything further, please don't hesitate to connect with me directly and I will be sure to help. KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com Thank you again for your time and connecting with us. I look forward to an acceptable resolution soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

In all the resort is great for family's. It has all the amenities. The food is reasonable and good. The rooms are ok. We are staying in the royal Africa queen suite. It's not as nice as I expected. It's larger than a normal room but the quality is not that great. When I pay $350 a night for a suite I expect a bit more.

Stayed December 2013
We so very much appreciate the feedback and coming to visit us! I will be sure to pass along your feedback on the Royal African Queen Suite. Please know that if your room is not in line with your expectations while on property, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will do our best to accommodate you where we can. Likewise, we do have over a dozen room styles, we might be able to find one that better suites your needs. We are more than happy to help with this. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We recently stayed at the Kalahari resort with my husband and 2 daughters 17,21 during a shopping week-end. I felt for what they charge per night plus the amenity fee's, it was overpriced for the amenities we used. This property would be more fun for the 7-14 age group. we had a standard room with 2 queen beds and pull-out sofa sleeper. The beds were comfortable and the room was large with a microwave and fridge. There were wrappers on the side of the sofa sleeper from a previous guest, so housekeeping isn't the best. The carpeting in the general area was worn and needed to be cleaned. Bellman was courteous and helpful. We would not stay here again, mostly because we have grown out of the water park.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sounds like you had a fun shopping weekend. Thank you for taking a moment to review us and staying with us! I am sorry to hear that your family has outgrown the waterpark. We have made several improvements to accommodate all age groups, such as the swimup bar and our thrilling rides on Tufani Falls. Hopefully you were able to try these out. Thank you for letting us know of your housekeeping issues. I will be sure to pass this along to our Housekeeping Director for review. We appreciate you letting us know. I do hope that as you return to the Dells, you find yourself visiting us again. I know it would certainly be our pleasure to have you as our guest again. Take care and have a wonderful New Year.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Checked in for a 2-night stay, Room 4482 could use a little love. Both clocks were flashing/unset, batteries for TV remote in bedroom were dead, the wire to hang swim suits to dry didn't work, looks like there's a burger on balcony & the shower heads were not set on spray and took some time to adjust. Room is dated, but spacious. But, it was nice to have the separate room for the kids. There is noise from the highway. Water park, arcade, laser tag, hair braiding, cabana and golf were all fine. The air quality in the water park is always an issue. It seemed much better further inside the park, probably because of the accesses to the outdoor hot tubs allows for some fresh air. The service overall was wonderful. A biggest highlight was dinner at Double Cut, do not miss out. It is a Must -do!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hi Julie! Certainly our pleasure to have you as our guest again. Thank you for taking a moment to review us. I am sending a team to 4482 to look into the little things that we can improve. We appreciate that information so we can adjust it for the next guest. I apologize this was not perfected for your stay with us. I will share you comment with our waterpark manager of the air quality. If there are any changes we can make, I will be sure he evaluates those right away. Love that you loved Double Cut! We are pretty proud of Double Cut and so excited to share! Thank you for the feedback. Our team in Double Cut will love hearing this. Looking forward to seeing you again in the future. Take care and thank you for the feedback!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We love coming to the Kalahari! Even after just being there we are already making plans to go back. Highly recommend staying there. Also the restaurant Double Cut that is connected to the Kalahari had the best steak and cheesecake we have ever had next time we are there twill be the only place we will bother to go eat at.

• Stayed December 2013
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
That is awesome that you are already making plans to stay with us again! It thrills me to hear you had such a wonderful visit. Double Cut Charcoal Grill & Liquor Bar is our newest addition to Kalahari Wisconsin Dells. We are proud of it and cannot wait to have you back during your next stay. Take care and thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Kalahari Resort.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

My family got group rate to stay at Kalahari Resort. We got Ledge Suite. It has full kitchen, one king bed and pull out soft bed. It also has two TV and a fire place. It is great for family of four. We used kitchen to cook meals. Kalahari has variety of activities for kids such as water park, arcade games, indoor theme park and movie theater. You can buy indoor theme park wristband for 25 dollar. It is good for your entire stay. However there are some activities in the theme park, you will need to pay individually such as golf simulator. Kalahari only has one big indoor water park. The surf board is very fun. There is one water slide is very interesting. You are get inside something like a time capsule. Then the door close. The attendant press two buttons and platform you stand drop open. Your body becomes free full into the water slide. It was fun. However, compare the water park with Wilderness Resort. Kalahari is much smaller. Wilderness has several big indoor water parks. However, the variety of activities are really good for kids to have fun. One advice, if you can prepare food and drink before you go to the resort, you can save a lot of money. We also went skiing at Cascade Mountain. Kalahari is not too far from Cascade Mountain. This is something you can plan as one of the activities. Overall, we like Kalahari Resort.

Room Tip: Ledge Suite has full kitchen, you can cook your own food to save money.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Kalahari Resort. I am so happy you had a large suite and were able to take advantage of the Indoor Waterpark and Indoor Theme Park. The interesting waterslides that you are talking about are Tufani Falls. You step inside the enclosed capsule and after a countdown 3...2...1.. the floor falls beneath you and you plummet down the slide to the bottom of the ride. Very thrilling! I am also very pleased you were able to take advantage of the nearby Ski facility Cascade Mountain. Thank you again for the review and I hope we'll see you back again soon!

Been to Kalahari Resorts & Conventions? Share your experiences!