“Great place for a conference” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
You added Kalahari Resorts & Conventions to your Saves list
1305 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Certificate of Excellence 2014
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Great place for a conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was at the Kalahari for a two-day conference, and I wouldn't have wanted it anywhere else. By the end of the first day, I was so tired, and I didn't want to go drive anywhere. They have lots of options for food, and I decided to go to Damon's, which is attached. Afterwards, I stopped at the coffee/dessert shop, and got tiramisu to enjoy in my room later. The room I had was spacious and comfortable. I had a fireplace in my room, and even though it was rather warm outside, I used it anyway! The only complaint I have is that the food at the conference itself wasn't anything special. For lunch it was salad and carbs...no protein. Otherwise, I hope I have to attend more conferences here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
We very much appreciate you taking a moment to review us! Thank you for not only coming to visit us but also attending a conference with us! Certainly our pleasure to have you. I do hope that you were able to mix a little business with pleasure and check out the new Swimup bar. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our convention services. Hopefully with your feedback from the conference, the menu can be adjusted for next time. We have a vast selection of options. Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
New Prague, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Spent the past weekend there. We had a "Lobby View Suite" which was nice because it was very close to the waterpark and obviously the lobby. I liked the layout of the room as well. The waterpark was nice, not the best we've been too, but certainly not bad in the slightest. We didn't do any rides at the amusement park, but the arcade was huge and we had fun there as well. Perhaps a separate review is due, but Damon's is terrible. We ate there twice. Room service was surprisingly reasonably priced as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room and had a blast while visiting us. Thank you for taking a moment to review us. I would love the opportunity to look into your Damon's experience. Can you please send me your contact info to look into that further for you? KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com Thank you for giving us that opportunity. I hope to hear from you soon! Take care!
Montgomery, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We visited Kalahari to celebrate a sixteenth birthday. We stayed in a two room suite that was perfect. The room was clean and exactly as advertised. Everyone working on property was courteous and seemed to go out of their way to greet us. Our trip was the first weekend in November so we didn't use the outside park, but we were very impressed with the inside. The water park had enough exciting slides for the teenagers and adults traveling with us, as well as great activities for the younger kids in our group. Everyone from 4-43 had a blast! We are already talking about a return trip next year.

Room Tip: Stay on fourth floor to avoid noise from people above! Parking lot side of main building has pretty...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Please pass along my "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"! Most certainly a privilege that you chose to celebrate with us. Thank you for taking a moment to review us too. Needless to say, we can't wait to see everyone again soon! Take care, until next time...
Bloomington, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We travel to Kalahari every summer as our kids love the water park. Plenty of choices for the kids and multiple lifeguards throughout both the inside/outside parks. We definitely enjoy going during the summers as this gives you both outside/inside options. This was our first time using the indoor theme park as it was part of a package - was definitely worth trying as our kids liked the ferris wheel, car ride, and putt-putt but not sure if we go out of our way to go back. The water attractions are the real reason we come to Kalahari. Unfortunately the rooms seem to be getting worse in quality. The carpet was very dirty and sticky and the furniture in some areas had quite a bit of dirt/dust. As our kids get older, we may consider staying outside the resort and purchasing day passes (as the water attractions are still great) if the room quality continues to get worse.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi Dan! Thank you for continually visiting us. It was most certainly our pleasure to have you as our guest. I'm glad to hear that the family had a blast within our parks! However, I am discouraged to hear your thoughts on your room. We are constantly renovating and updating so we would love the opportunity to look into this further for you. Would you please be able to send me your contact info so that I can pinpoint your room: KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve so that we may constantly exceed your expectations. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Take care!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This was my second time at the Kalahari. We really enjoyed ourself. The staff was courteous, the facilities were clean, and the food was lovely.. We are planning another trip. This time with both of or children. I think my son was bored and needed someone else to play with besides us.

• Stayed October 2013
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We recently spent a long weekend at Kalahari with our 10 year old daughter. We found out on our second day there that two days in the indoor water park was one day too many. We had already rented a cabana, or we'd have probably gone and tried another hotel's water park. I had been looking forward to just relaxing and floating in the lazy river. But they had most of it shut down and the part that was open was not really meant to just float in. The current didn't move you along, so you'd have to stand up in the water (which is only 1.5 feet) then the lifeguard would yell at you to get in your innertube.

My daughter was really thrilled with the arcade/indoor amusement park. I think she'd have spent all her time there if we had let her. They do offer wristbands that allow you on most of the rides/attractions for the duration of your stay.

Our biggest issue with the hotel was the customer service. Or the lack thereof. We checked in on a Thursday and Saturday housekeeping still hadn't bothered with our room. My husband had to chase a housekeeping supervisor down the hall to ask when they'd show up. No apology or explanation was offered. And our room keys worked less often than not. Not handy when you are trying to pay for something. Or trying to get into your room. If we return, we will stay elsewhere.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. I am sorry to hear about your overall experience while visiting us. If you don't have a "Do Not Disturb" on your room, we hold the expectation of our team that we service your room daily while staying with us. I am sorry to hear that this was not the case. I will be sure to connect with our Housekeeping Manager on this. Likewise, I am sorry to hear about your room key issues. The only time I have heard of issues is when they are demagnetized by things like cell phones. I will check into this and confirm we are having no other issues. Thank you for letting me know. I am more than happy to put you in touch with a manager about your concerns. We would love the opportunity to learn where we fell short of your expectations, so that if nothing else, we have the chance to learn and grow from that. KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was my first stay at the Kalahari. I was there 10/24-26/13 for a convention. I would like to return, but next time bring the kids. The entire staff was friendly and responsive. The place was clean and the food was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We're thrilled that you were able to mix a little business with pleasure. We're also excited to hear that you will be returning again soon with the kids. Everyone will have a blast! Thank you for taking a moment to review us. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Been to Kalahari Resorts & Conventions? Share your experiences!