“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
1305 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #14 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
River Falls, Wisconsin
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our second stay at Kalahari and we loved it once again! There is so much to do right onsite, we never have enough time to do it all! There is stuff to keep our whole family busy, even with a wide age range in between our children. We also purchased a Family Fun Package and it is well worth it! We really enjoyed the Tommy Bartlett show and the Timbavati Wildlife Park as well and were so happy that tickets to both of those were included in our hotel stay. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet, pizza and dinner at Damon's...all were delicious! We look forward to returning again next year!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1,575 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The resort was beautiful but the service left something to be desired. The housekeeping staff made the bed but didn't make the sheets underneath, didn't replenish cups/coffee and getting assistance in the indoor park was a joke.

• Stayed August 2013
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to reach out to us! I am sorry to hear about your experience and would never want you to leave with that impression. Can you please email me your contact info: KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com? I would love the opportunity to connect and learn more from your stay. Thank you for your help and hope to hear from you soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was our first time at Kalahari Resorts Wisconsin Dells and our stay was wonderfull. The room was very clean and big. The waterparks, indoor and out are very clean and have lots of activities for every age. we stayed there only for one night and we all loved it and asked to extend our stay one more night but the room we requested was all booked and we had to leave.The price for rooms are very fair because it includes a free ticket for two different shows. We will return there and stay longer for sure some time soon. we had good family time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Digital Media Manager at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
What an amazing getaway. Thank you so much for sharing and spending time with us! I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to extend your stay. Hopefully next time it will be the perfect amount of time! I wanted to be sure to let you know how grateful we are for you staying/reviewing us! See you again soon!
Rockford, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Had a great stay in this very clean resort. We used both the indoor and outdoor water park and there was so much to do with our energetic little 2 year old. The indoor waterpark had such a variety of rides/attractions, I was sorry we were only staying one night. Will return for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
You're so wonderful! Thank you for taking a moment to review us! I wanted to say that we can't wait to see you again soon (hopefully a little longer) and thank you so much for your time. Take care!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Khalahari as a mini vacation right before school starts for the kids. I love that they have a military discount because without it, we wouldn't have been able to afford the trip. The hotel is beautiful and the suite we stayed in was well-apportioned. We enjoyed the water parks (there's an indoor and outdoor park) and had a few meals there. I was not prepared for how large the bathtubs in our room were. The kids wanted to take baths every night, instead of showers; even with five of us in the room, our water stayed hot. The water parks were a lot of fun and there were no long lines. I only have two complaints for the Khalahari: everything, from the food to the souvenirs are way overpriced. $70 for a breakfast buffet and over $100 for the dinner buffet seemed ridiculous. There is an ok selection at both but not enough to warrant the cost. My second complaint is that there is no amenity information in your room. For instance, there is a "book of amenities" but really it's just advertisements for more places to spend your money. There is no information about what time the breakfast or dinner buffets open, no information on gift shop hours, or hours listed for the other food places. I never did find out if there is laundry on-site or any information about the shuttle (I only found out there was a shuttle because I asked about a shuttle to the Tommy Bartlett show); all of this information is simple guest-oriented information that should be readily available in the room. Our package included tickets to the Tommy Bartlett show and the Timbuvalti (sp?) zoo. We returned the zoo tickets because the reviews were so horrible but we enjoyed the Tommy Bartlett show very much. The concierge has tickets available for a few attractions in the area and had a few coupons, too. Also, the Original Duck Boats pick up right outside the hotel and brings you back, so that was nice, too. We really enjoyed ourselves, even if we spent quite a bit of money eating, it was worth it to have some nice family time.

• Stayed August 2013
East Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had a nice stay at Kalahari Resort. I'll review other parts of the resort separately -- this is just regarding our hotel/room experience. Our room was in the same building that houses the indoor waterpark, so the convenience was fantastic. Our balcony overlooked the outdoor waterpark, which was really neat, but made for a little noisier experience (luckily, the waterpark doesn't open until 9, and it closed at dark, so it didn't interfere with sleep). We did hear road traffic at night, but I have a feeling all of the waterpark-facing rooms in the main building probably have the same problem, given the location near a very busy road. The room was comfortable and, as I mentioned, convenient. Front desk service was pleasant and friendly. I was not impressed with the maid service. Our room was not serviced until well after 2pm, even though we left the room early in the morning. Other hotels use a "please clean promptly" type sign (on the back of the "do not disturb" sign) to differentiate between late sleepers (who may want later cleanings) and early risers. I think something like that would have been helpful. Also, the ice maker was not emptied, and the coffee maker was not cleaned, which made me wonder how thorough of cleaning job was actually done. Despite those problems, the many activities offered and the convenience of the room are enough for me to say I would return, and would even request the same building.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We certainly can't thank you enough for taking a moment to review us and furthermore, visiting us. Very much our pleasure to have you! I wanted to let you know that I have already touched base with our head of housekeeping and passed along your thoughts and suggestions. She is reviewing now and wanted me to thank you for letting us know. So glad to hear that the family had a wonderful time! We can't wait to see you again and hopefully your stay will be flawless. Take care and thank you!
Mankato, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Kalahari, and the experience was roughly comparable to that at The Great Wolf Lodge, Rome, and The Wilderness Lodge. Commons areas, the amusement area, restaurants, and both the indoor and outdoor waterparks were all kept immaculately clean. The room was grossly overpriced, but most properties in The Dells are able to price gouge, so, in all fairness, the Kalahari is no different in overpricing from other comparable self-contained waterpark lodges in the area. Supply and demand. Our room was fairly nice, if a little narrow, and the balcony was tiny. The beds were comfortable. Our main negative issues with the room were that (1) AC would not work correctly, so the heat and humidity did interfere with our sleep and room enjoyment, and (2) My wife was disappointed with the bathroom, because she found hairs in the sink and bathtub. Our son found what appeared to be a pubic hair on a chair. Despite our generous tipping, our room was not cleaned in the manner that one would expect of a nice resort. As I mentioned, we had lots of fun in the water parks (very well life-guarded) and indoor amusement and ticket-redemption games park. The workers in the amusement/arcade area were uniformly excellent, helpful, friendly, and kind. We were very impressed with every single one of these employees. We ate snacks, salads, and sandwiches at the resort on several occasions. Once again, the dining employees were all pleasant, patient, and helpful. The food was certainly a cut above this usual type of fare. Now comes the worst aspect of the whole trip, and it may very well cause us to stay elsewhere next time we go to the Dells (3 or 4 times a year). After we had driven for five hours-plus to arrive at the resort, a light-haired man with glasses said that he would check us in. It then turned into the Inquisition, with him rudely barking out orders about what documents were required (thank goodness we didn't need a passport). Then he told us that my driver's license would not be enough, since I did not actually make the reservation (the wife did). This, even though we have the same last name and share all credit cards and checks. I was tired, and I bristled a bit at his haughty attitude. A asked him why in the world my wife or I would have to walk the long distance to our car to get her license. I have stayed in hotels over 1000 nights with my wife, and this request has never been made of us. The worst thing was how cocky and unapologetic the man was. He told me, "It's our policy-no exceptions!" and, "It's really not a big deal." He might as well have been wearing a T-shirt that said: "I'm a jerk and I hate you just for being here." It's such a shame that one ultra-rude desk clerk and a sub-par cleaning job in our room could taint an otherwise fun trip, but they did, and we're going to give one of the other places in town a try next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
While I'm very to glad you had fun for the most part on your adventure, I am so sorry to hear about your experience while checking in. I can certainly understand your frustration and concern with this experience. As this is our policy, there is a certain way that could have been expressed to you, so that there wasn't any lasting negative experience surrounding this. I apologize that this instance left a negative impression on your stay along with the cleanliness of your room. I will assure you that I will be connecting with our team on your concerns. If you are able, can you please email me your contact info? KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. I would love the opportunity to learn from your experience and speak with you further on this. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon! Take care!

Been to Kalahari Resorts & Conventions? Share your experiences!