“Excellent time at the Kalahari” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
1305 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #13 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
De Pere, Wisconsin
“Excellent time at the Kalahari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We took our kids and grandkids to the Kalarhari and stayed in the Sands building in a Family Village Suite. We also purchase a family saver package.The Package included 3 large pizzas with 12 sodas which was more then the eleven of us could eat. $150.00 for dinner at any restaurant in the resort. 12 indoor theme park passes which were good for the entire stay. $60.00 is spa credit which we put toward massages and the breakfast buffet for 12 each morning.
The Suite was clean, comfortable and very spacious. We had more then enough room for all of us.
The indoor water and Theme parks are excellent. We have kids, and grandkids, that range from 2 to 27 and everyone had rides, games and attractions to accomadate them. This is not just a kiddie park. The adults enjoyed themselves as much as the little one. The new swim up bar was especially nice for some of us.
The breakfast buttet was at the Kahunaville restaurant and we also chose to eat there for dinner one night. The breakfast was very good and had a decent selection. Dinner was excellent and the check for 11 of us (8 over the age of 21) was just over the $150.00 which was included in our package.
This is really a top notch resort and you get quite a value for what you pay for.
We would definately go back and recommend for families of all ages.

1,618 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have stayed in the Dells before but never in such luxury! We got a deal to stay in the "Lodge Suite" and had a fully equipped kitchen so we were able to cook some exotic meals over our stay. Beautiful king bed and comfortable living room space... We loved it. Since the outdoor water park was closed due to it being winter, we only had access to the indoor one. It was fine, but there are better indoor water parks in the Dells. Overall a great room and great stay. Hopefully return in the summer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for visiting us! Certainly our pleasure to have you. Furthermore, thank you for taking the time to review our resort as well. Glad to hear you like the King Lodge Suite! Personal favorite! You mentioned you were here in the winter. Hopefully you came after the opening of Wisconsin's first and only Swim-up bar and the indoor/outdoor whirlpools we just added. Both of those have been very popular! We are looking forward to seeing you back this summer! Thank you again for everything and see you again soon!
Salem, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I took a couple of my kids and grandchildren to the resort. They were very excited to be going to the Kalahari because they heard great things about it. I had never been to the Kalahari, however, based on what good things I had heard decided to check it out. The place is wonderful! The staff was great! We had an excellent two room suite. Everything was clean and nicely layed out. The kids loved the waterpark and theme park. I would highly recommend the Kalahari as a family vacation!

Room Tip: 2 room suites have a nice view and a large balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We're thrilled you were able to come give us a try! Thank you so much for visiting us! Sounds like everyone had a blast and we couldn't be more excited! I just wanted to send a little note thanking you for not only visiting us, but taking the time to review us! So very much appreciated. We are looking forward to seeing the whole family again soon! Take care!
Orland Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I went with a group of friends 4/27-4/29 (Or so I planned).There was a conflict between me and someone else in our room the second day there so I did the responsible thing and decided to get my own room. I came to the front desk with my credit card in hand. To my disspointment, the front desk told me they are all booked, having no rooms available and have no way of helping me. They said they can hold my bags and that is all. I asked if I can get my money back for one night (since I will not be staying)....No. The waterpark was having issues with one of the rides while I was there which was The staff was not very friendly either, very business like and stern, extremely dissapointed.

Room Tip: If you plan on getting any sleep stay in a "Quiet Zone"
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about your stay and the conflict you had within your group. Unfortunately, if we are sold out, the front desk hand's would have been tied. We do our best to accommodate, but if the rooms are all sold we are unable to do anything further. I apologize this was not communicated with you in a way that you found to be helpful. I will connect with our team and see if we have some coaching opportunities there. I am sorry that you would not have gotten your money back. Unfortunately your original room is paid for on a by room basis, rather then a per person charge. So if you decide to no longer stay in your room and the room is still occupied with members of your group, we are unable to refund that money. I am sorry to hear your trip did not go according to plan. I do hope everything worked out for you. Thank you for reaching out to us. Take care.
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our son-in-law and daughter with their three children and a friend who was having a birthday ages 4 through 11. Invited grandpa and grandma for a stay at the Kalahari Resort at the Wisconsin Dells in Wisconsin. Our stay April 28 through the 30th was a fun filled adventure for all ages. From the indoor water park to the theme park and even a bowling alley we had a great time from morning until night. The food at the Ivory Coast restaurant was excellent and are needs were fulfilled by a very accommodating staff. I'm looking forward to my next race around the indoor go kart track with my granddaughter and another trip down the lazy river with my wife at the water park. Check this out I think you'll like it.

Room Tip: We had a room for 8 at the sands, Great
Menominee, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We love this waterpark and hotel, choose it every time. The park is warm unlike other cold ones. Our kids are 14,7, and 6-perfect age. Loved wall climbing, laser tag, numerous cool games. Rides were great as always friendly staff. Oldest son has autism, and has the time of his life!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We can't thank you enough for continuously visiting us! We love that we are a part of your family's memories. I just wanted to be sure to send a quick note thanking you for taking the time to review us and visiting us! Can't wait to see you again!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

OK we're back again for spring break. Kids love this place. It's the largest indoor Waterpark and has everything you need under one roof. We purchased a package deal again and it was well worth it. I noticed a lot more people were using package deals (maybe saw my last years review). It is probably the most economical family deal. You get breakfast for family of four for two days, a pizza and four large fountain drinks, and a fifty dollar food credit. For a three day stay you end up buying one meal the entire stay. The waterpark is of course included as is the amusent park. They added one game of free bowling for a family of four, to the package this year, but unfortunately we didn't have enough time to bowl (maybe next time). The breakfast buffet is a good deal as my kids enjoy the pancakes and bacon. For dinner one night we went to Damon's and with the $50 credit we only paid an extra $14 with tip for the meal. I had an issue with my bill at the end of our trip and went to the front desk. I can't remember their names but they immediately removed the charges and took care of the problem. I can't say enough of how much we enjoy this resort. My kids love the wave pool and the arcade. If you want a good value, I would recommend Kalahari.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Kalahari Resorts & Conventions? Share your experiences!