I have been to the Dells multiple times but always stayed at the Wilderness Resort. Had heard a lot of great things about Kalahari and thus decided to check it out. My first shock was the price - the price of a 3 BR suite was close to $900 per night (including 11% tax) - significantly higher than what I paid for at the Wilderness (I think last spring break i paid around $700 per night) for a 3BR duplex (I realized upon arrival that even the area of the duplex was almost double that of the tight 3 BR suite at Kalahari). Here are my observations about Kalahari:
1) one huge waterpark under one roof vs. 4 different parks at Wilderness. Although it sounded good to hear from a convenience perspective, it was a huuuuge disappointment for the kids to find out that the wave pool was dinky compared to what they were expecting. Proabably they had to cram a few rides / features under one roof. I have to admit that a couple of the rides were great fun and the last time I checked, Wlderness didn't have it.
2) Food (both at the sit down restaurant and in the park) was very good
3) Staff was courteous in general
4) parking is not plenty and an inconvenience.
5) have a big theme park that is extra (after gouging you so much on the rental, they charge you either per ride or $25 per person over 5 I believe for your entire stay). I said to myself it's probably fully recouped as far as you take around five different rides. My sons didn't do these rides until the of check out and guess what, laser tag and children's
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Kalahari Resort Wisconsin
- Kalahari Hotel
- Kalahari Resort Wisconsin Dells
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel
- Kalahari Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Wi Dells
- Kalahari Wi Dells
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort