“Amazing!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Amazing!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

THE BEST Waterpark/Resort in the Dells! The service is amazing, so is the waterpark, and amenities. It was a fantastic time we had. The waterpark is amazing! It has some of the most thrilling rides in the Wisconsin Dells. The indoor theme park was really fun too!! The ropes course was the most fun thing in the indoor theme park. All the restaurants in the resort were very delicious too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hi Nate! Sounds like you just had a wonderful time! That is so wonderful to hear and I wanted to be sure to send you a quick note, letting you know how much we appreciate you! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon! Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My daughters and I stayed at the Kalahari while we were in town for the Wisconsin Dells Vacation Classic Gymnastics Meet. The room was very clean and surprisingly quiet. There were multiple cheerleading teams in the "Sands" building with us. The waterpark was clean and the girls had a blast. My only complaint was the food line. At 3 in the afternoon, waiting over an hour for a smoothie seems a bit excessive.

Room Tip: We enjoyed staying in the Sands building. Staying close to the back parking lot was really helpful...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for visiting us! We certainly appreciate hearing your thoughts. I can understand having to wait that long for food would be an inconvenience. I will be sure to email our Food and Beverage Director for review. I hope we can see you again in the near future. Take care!
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

It was a good place to have fun during a very cold winter. Met my son and his family there. They had a great time in the water park and the next day we went to the theme park. Lot of things to do and several eating places there.

Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed at this resort for two nights on a Sunday and Monday nights. We have stayed here in the past you can see that review in my previous posts.

Check in was simple and easy, we arrived one hour before check in and were allowed to check into our room. We had reserved a two room family suite. The room was on the main floor of the hotel room. The hallway outside the door is the main thourough fair between the waterpark and the gaming area and Damon's. There is zero soundproofing and you can hear people walking, talking, and yelling until 1 am. I have no problem with the room it was clean, spacious, and nice. At approximately 1130 pm, after being woken up again, I went to the front desk to ask if they had a stand alone fan that I could use to block out the noise. The female front desk clerk went to the manager,( a younger male with a red shirt) I heard the conversation it went like this. "He is wondering if we could get him a fan to block some of the noise? Manager's response, "Just tell him we are out of them." The front desk clerk gave me some options for switching rooms. I thought that was reasonable and told her we would change in the morning. I thought the lazy manager's response who was more interested in going out to have a smoke with his security guard was not. We switched rooms the next day. We were given numerous options some at a cost some not. We switched and had no other issues with the room. There is nothing wrong with these rooms they just didn't work for the family. If you want to avoid this don't book a two room family suite. I believe they are all on this level.

The waterpark. The place is incredible. It has been years since we had been there. This time around we brought our 2.5 year old daughter. They have something for all ages. When we go is usually off peak times so there are never lines. I was also appreciative on how attentive lifeguards are. Even if I had an older child that was at the exploring stage, I would feel completely safe that they were in good hands. There is now a swim up bar with outdoor hotubs that I only saw from a distance. It looked fun but as my wife reminded me this was a family trip.

The gaming area has also expanded from the last trip. There is now a yougurt bar along with some games geared for older teenagers and younger adults. They looked like great fun.

We find that the food served at the Kalahari exceeds our expectations. Prices for room service and other resort food is extremely reasonable and tasty. We did go to Damon's. Avoid it at all costs. Overpriced, nothing fresh food.

Back to the service, on the second night there was no room service menu in our room. We contacted the front desk and they stated someone would be up to bring us one. Unfortunately the gentlemen from housekeeping only brought us a pizza menu. No big deal my wife and I just walked to go to the front desk to get one. The female front desk clerk, (The one that is bursting at the seams in her resort issued attire) was completly rude. "We don't have them here." Ok that is fine, I understand that can be possible. She then points to the Conciere desk and says, "See if they have one." While walking over I observe this same female talking with another co-worker and start laughing and pointing in the direction of my wife. My wife gets to the Conciere and asks the same question. By the reaction of the conciere I could tell this was something that she didn't get asked too often. However, without hesitation and a smile she walks over to a restaraunt area and finds a menu for us. We thanked her for her help. I must say that at this point I was infuriated. READ MY OTHER reviews. We have very realistic expectations for service. We understand that sometimes people have an off day. We also know and have seen first hand how rude and condescending customers can be. I was going to approach management but just decided to let it go and write this review.

I love the Kalahari, they have amazing things to do that can keep the whole family entertained. They are constantly adapting and changing to keep things fresh and fun. However, the service we experienced on this trip has put this seriously in doubt. We used to brag to our friends that this was the only place to to visit in the Dell's. Sadly, not anymore.

Room Tip: If you have questions feel free to message me.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We certainly appreciate you staying with us again and can't thank you enough for visiting us once again. I wanted to be sure to reach out to you and personally apologize for the negative parts to your experience. Please let me assure you, we do not tolerate this behavior with our team members and I will be looking into this further for you. Again, thank you for reaching out to us in regards to your experience with the front desk and the noise in your room. I will also send a note to our Food and Beverage Director about your thoughts on Damon's. Again, please accept my sincerest apologies and I do hope you will give us another shot to show you the level of customer service you not only would come to expect from Kalahari, but deserve. I do hope we can see you again soon. Take care and again, thank you for reaching out to us.

Please let me know if I can help with anything further. KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com

Kassie
Elkhart, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my second year in a row staying at this resort while on business. The first year, I asked for and was given a complimentary room upgrade that was unbelievable awesome. I asked again this year and was denied. Nonetheless, the "regular" room was quite nice. Staff is typically friendly from what I've experienced. As I indicated from my review last year, it is a family themed water park so kids running amuck is to be expected. I cannot review the waterpark or other entertainment venues since I did not participate in them. The establishment is huge and well maintained and whether a business traveler or family on vacation, you should find it a satisfying place.

Room Tip: Depending on the management on duty at the time and their level of occupancy, try asking for a compl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
It was certainly our pleasure to have you! Thank you so much for taking to the time to come and visit us. I do hope with all the amenities on property, you were able to mix a little business with pleasure. Hopefully you can return again and visit the waterpark. That's kind of what we're know for. Thank you so much again for your time and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Waukesha, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were part of a 10 room block and making the reservation was a mess. Couldn't find our reservations, quoted us different prices. Rooms were spread out, even though we used two different room types those were not even close. Our reservation was emailed to us with one name on it. At check in I used the reservation email name and it couldn't be found. The reservation at the desk was under the other name. Our room wasn't ready, which was understandably and I knew that prior since we got there early. I stated that it was fine and we would just use the water park passes. Never during that process was I told that they would hold my bags. If I would have been told that I had a separate bag just with our suits and we could have checked our coats along with our luggage. Instead I got stuck paying for two lockers for our clothes and coats to fit. These lockers were a deposit of $15.00 each and when I returned the key I received $9 back for each key. As a resort guest, who is already paying a resort fee, I should be able to have a locker for early check in. Its even stressed come early.

There is no way that this is the largest water park. Maybe for the toddler/young child section but not over all. The slides were bla. The biggest tube slide could only fit 3 people. How can a family who enjoys riding together go? They cant. We always had one person that was stuck going by themselves. To even get to the water park, you have to walk through the lobby. If you don't bring your own towel you are walking through just in your suit. Nothing in the indoor amusement park is included and if you want to do something be prepared to pay. I understand somethings should be extra: bowling but if I am already paying $300 for a room let me enjoy the whole park.

This is my 3rd stay in the Dells, each at a different hotel. This is far least my favorite. The other two hotels that I stayed at offered more for my buck. When I left at the end of my weekend, I felt like it was well worth it. When I left today, I felt like that was the biggest waste of my money and I was suckered in to a long boring vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We appreciate hearing from you and can't thank you enough for visiting us and taking the time to review our resort. I'm sorry to hear that you did not find value in your stay. Hopefully you will give us another shot and enjoy your visit more. We are America's largest Indoor Waterparks. Our Ohio location is first, and Wisconsin is a close second. Hopefully you were able to check out the new attractions, like Tufani Falls and the Indoor/Outdoor hot tub. After reading through about your stay, I wanted to assure you I will be sending your comments to our management team. We certainly appreciate your feedback. Hopefully we will see you again. If you do consider visiting again, be sure to check out our packages online, many of them have a lot of the inclusions you were looking for. Thank you again and hope to see you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Our room in the "Sands" building was very nice, large and clean. Despite being filled with families and hundreds of Cheerleaders, for a competion that was being held in the Convention Center, the rooms were quiet. The Waterpark is "above average" and they have a large arcade with all the latest games and attractions. The only place they fall short is the service in the restaurant, food court and bar in the waterpark. Service in these areas is slow, They just don't seem to be staffed at an appropriate level and/or organized to handle the volume of people that they have to serve. Food / Drinks are good, just make sure you plan plenty of time to get served.

Room Tip: Rooms in the "Sands" Building are very nice and connected to waterpark with an enclosed wa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Kalahari Resorts & Conventions? Share your experiences!