“dissapointed!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
You added Kalahari Resorts & Conventions to your Saves list
1305 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #9 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“dissapointed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

is good resort but i am very dissapointed this last time. I go every year there. After skiing we go after noon at the resort and have fun with friends and family. This time i booked 3 rooms. I was with my wife and 3 kids. i am very dissapointed with the indor waterpark. the hot tubs were not hot but not even warm. the slights were also very dirty and only one person for 2 rides. to crouded and very expensive. They know people will go so thats why they don't care. Is more expensive then nice resort in Hawaii.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I am sorry to hear that your last stay was a disappointment. While we are excited that you continuously visit us, I am discouraged to hear about your last visit. I have forwarded your concerns to our waterpark manager for review. Hopefully he will be able to make adjustments when possible. We do have quite a few single person rides as well as group/double rides. Hopefully you were able to find those. I do hope you will come visit us again, to show you the level of customer service and experience you have known and loved. Again, I am sorry to hear about your disappointment, but I do hope we can see you again in the future. Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been to a few places in Wisconsin and this one was just OK. The rooms were kinda outdated, not so clean. The bathroom was small. The indoor water park was awesome. Five stars to the swim up bar. I would stay again, but for the price they charge it better be cheaper or I am going to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. Very much our pleasure to have you. I am sorry to hear you didn't find the value in your stay. We offer awesome specials and promotions throughout the year, so hopefully you can find a special that works for you and you can find value in your experience. Thank you again and hope to see you soon!
Mukwonago, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Next month our family of 5 will return for a 7th trip to the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells. We have stayed in the 2 room family suite, the kitchen suite in the Sans, and the regular desert rooms many times. All were decent sized with good amenities like fridge, microwave, TV. No trip was perfect, but I can't say we have ever been disappointed either.

We spend most of our time in the water parks because the theme park was quite lacking in activities for our older boys. Don't get the wrist band. The bowling alley is quite impressive however. Also, all of our trips were in winter. It is amazing to see snowmobilers in the fields while standing in a wet swim suit.

The restaurants are all nice and reasonable for resort eating. (read not cheap) We expect it, so we are not shocked. We always stop at Wall Mart before arrival to stock up on snacks and drinks, as this is what can cause your vacation price to skyrocket. The pool snack shops and bars will cost a bundle, so come prepared.

I guess the only thing that bugs me with each visit is the cleaning staff on check out day. They sweep through the corridors and we feel rushed to leave. If check out time is 11:00, then don't hound us at 10:00.

Room Tip: Although the desert rooms are listed as "standard" they are usually closest to the action.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Pekin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I came here when i was nine... (three years ago). Upon my entrance it was breath taking. Everyone was so nice. We got the unlimited package so of corse i did everything had the time of my life. We stayed in the royal suits on the first floor. The rooms were very clean. I went to the water park and to my surprise my bed and room had been made my house keepers. At the time i had a stuffed animal with me and they put him in the most adorable fashion. I still talk about the vacation to this day :) I found out a few days past that i would be returning! I am very excited! I was a little disappointing when i found out that there would e construction in the water park during my stay which is in February 15- 17 and i was wondering if there would be construction still?

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to get the special royal rooms they are worth it!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Beecher, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Just got home from a quick 2 day, 2 night stay at the Kalahari Resort and Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells, WI. What a great stay! Had a group of 10 and we were all between 24-28 years old. This resort is setup for all ages. There's plenty to do for any age group. Being as it was only 5 degrees outside, we only experienced the indoor waterpark, which needless to say was also pretty darn great and awesome. Multiple tube water slides and multiple waterslides. The wait was very minimal for each also. The hot tub/ swim up bar was probably the best part of the entire stay. It recently opened and was very cool. The swim up bar transistions to an outside huge hot tub/ pool. Great hang out for adults. Also opened was an outdoor hot tub for adults and children together. Very courteous employees throughout the facility. We stayed in the Sands portion of the resort. A little more pricey but well worth it for our group size. We had 10 people, and 3 rooms all adjoining. No problems at all with our room or any part of the resort. Clean bathrooms are a plus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The waterpark at the Kalahari is nice, big enough to be entertaining but not so big that you lose the rest of your group. They have some of the funner slides too. However, we were disappointed with the Adventure Park. We purchased wristbands only to find that some of the more interesting activities required additional money. Oddly enough we did not once see people using any of those, so maybe that's a hint that people don't want to pay $5 extra to do an Indy 500 video game. Our room was fine other than that we all agreed the sheets were like paper and very uncomfortable. I'd actually bring my own sheets if I stayed here again. Lastly, the attendant at the ferris wheel in the Adventure Park on Saturday morning was clearly completely miserable, snippy, and rude. Heard other people commenting the same as we were leaving the ride.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and staying with us! I wanted to apologize for your experience in our Indoor Theme Park on the Ferris Wheel. I wanted to ensure you that I have already contacted our Theme Park Manager to look into this. We certainly appreciate your thoughts and love having you! I do hope you will come visit us again! If you are in anyway uncomfortable with your room or sheets, don't hesitate to let us know while you are property. We will be more than happy to do our best to make things right. Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Take care!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed a night at the Kalahari Resorts in the Wisconsin Dells. Our group was myself and my husband and two other late twenty-something couples. We are from Chicago and wanted to make the most of our time off from work and head over to Cascade. Our husbands/boyfriends are grown-up kids so they loved the idea of going to a water park during winter. The water park was nicer than I expected for the Dells but the Queen something (can't remember the name) was about on par with what I expected. Spacious and the beds were kind of icky. I'd probably bring my own blankets the next time. I think maybe the sheets had a plastic component to them? Eek.

The price point was about right, but I might make it slightly cheaper 50 bucks or so for a real value. We had a great, ridiculous time though at the water park. There was a good variety of slides. We also had fun in the outdoor pool bar, but would not have stayed there alone. It gets a little creeptastic. Like honestly people you're in the Dells at a water park with little kids, get a room. One thing I did find slightly aggravating was that we ordered the super large drink (I can't remember what it was) but it had vodka in it and I requested Ketel because I didn't want to be throwing up on the ski hill the next day. I assumed there would be an upcharge, but honestly a 20 dollar upcharge?! I didnt bother to ask so I guess that's my fault, but still, I would not have assumed it would be 20 dollar additional on top of the 20-something the drink already was to replace the well vodka with Ketel.

We had a great waitress at Damon's who tolerated our silliness and let us order a smorgasboard of food. This one night was truly a great night with friends and I think Kalahari overall hosted us well. We think we may be back with a larger group next year!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow/sheets, adults.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Sounds like an awesome time! Thank you so much for visiting us and taking the time to review our resort! If you return with more guests, I strongly recommend the Nyumba Entertainment Villa, that sounds perfect for your group! You won't be disappointed. I certainly appreciate all of your comments on the room and sleep quality. I will be sure to pass those along to our team too. Thank you for reaching out to us! Very much looking forward to seeing you again soon! Take care and Happy New Year!

Been to Kalahari Resorts & Conventions? Share your experiences!