“Great family getaway:)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Canada
“Great family getaway:)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here in September just before the kids went back to school. This was our second time at this resort and it was just as good as our last visit.
The resort is huge, one of the largest in the Dells. Our check in was easy and quick. Our room wasn't ready yet so we just hung around the pool until it was ready...maybe half an hour.
We had a a Royal family suite which was very spacious and backed onto outdoor pool area.
This resort has it all. We really didn't have any reason to leave this resort. It has an indoor watermark, and outdoor water park,indoor amusement park, go carts, great restaurants and friendly staff.
We will definitely be returning again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We can't thank you enough for choosing to stay with us! Thank you so much! Glad to hear everything was smooth and fun! I wanted to be sure to let you know that we are certainly grateful to have you visit us and we are very much looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
Park Ridge, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Let me preface by saying the Kalahari Resort was one of my MOST favorite places to go. We went with our children and we went alone on several occasions. The first time was in January of 2001 and at least once every single year since. The resort , water parks, restaurants , amenities and staff were always above par.

We decided to take our "baby" ( he's 19 now :) ) for a two night , three day get away. To get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Upon arrival things seemed the same - check in was friendly and easy.

Upon entering our suite we began to notice things were not as they were on our other visits. The room was not up to the standard the resort had in the past. It was clean, but under furnished, a slipper chair had a stain directly in the center of the seat ( instead of cleaning or removing it was stuck in the corner of master bed room. ) it looked to be blood. Only one of the two phones worked. The suites old fridge was way too warm to even cool our sodas. It took my husband and my grown son to pull it out of the space it was wedged in to access the thermostat in the back. The tv in the master was snowy and blurry. The remote in the living room worked only when my husband moved the sofa five foot closer to the tv. That caused the size of usable space to be severely reduced. On the positive side the beds were very comfortable.

Our much beloved water park was a let down. For the first time ever the the locker room was pretty dirty. In the water park the lazy river was closed with the exception of a little circular path around the base of the first set of slides. There seemed not to be enough staff to keep river opened. it stayed that way through out our stay. There were potted plants tipped on their sides. Drink cups left here and there. There were people with a baby in the adults only hot tub. ( the issue I have with this is not the baby in the tub, but the unsafe water temp for small child) . There was no one to tell them to not have a little child in the hot tub.

The indoor theme park was nice. We road the Ferris wheel, played a few games and bowled in the bowling alley. I will concede that the indoor theme park is more geared towards families with younger children and deeper pocket books. Overall it is nice.

We dined off the resort for most meals this time. The food was ok and the service was good for the couple of meals we did have.

Overall the stay was not a bad stay. It was such a let down from our past stays. I left just feeling sad . For the first time ever I felt like I didn't get value for my dollars. We will probably not go back. We will now start exploring the other resorts.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for continually visiting us! We certainly appreciate it. I am however, very sorry to hear about your past experience. This is very concerning to me and I would never want you to feel as not seeing value in staying with us. We are currently in the process of renovating many of our rooms, so I would hope that would address any concerns in regards to that. Also, we are adding a few attractions to the Waterpark, and that is the reason 1/2 the Lazy River was down. I'm sorry that was an inconvenience. We very much value you as our returning guest and would love the opportunity to continue this tradition with you. If I can help at all, or look further into your concerns, don't hesitate to email me at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. I would be more than happy to do that, to ensure you feel comfortable visiting us once again. Thank you so much for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice and had a blast both times. I always watch for a package deal (particularly the "Beat the Clock" deals) as the hotel can be rather pricey. Both packages we purchased included the indoor theme park as well as the water park. With a toddler it is nice to have the balance between the water activities and the rides at the indoor theme park. We take along food for breakfast, lunch and snacks and eat in our room to save a little extra money. Compared to other waterpark hotels we have stayed at in Wisconsin Dells, the quality of the Kalahari is significantly higher. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: We prefer to stay near the lobby; there is very easy access to the waterpark and it is a good centra...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Awesome! Gotta say I really don't have any complaints. Went with three little ones (under 3) and two adults. Upgraded to a suite for very little money. Kids LOVED the water park, so much to choose form and do. Great for all ages. there is places inside the water park to get food and beverages - including adult beverages. They do not allow you to bring in your own. The theme park was awesome as well. We really enjoyed the rides for the little kiddos and the arcade games. Great for the whole family. Important to note about the restaurant in the whole resort...They ALL offer GLUTEN FREE options. They have a separate fryer for gluten free, so food does not get contaminated. They will substitute any bread or noodles for gluten free. Very clean, very modern..all raves here!!

Room Tip: choose to upgrade!!! you wont regret it! (do it when you arrive)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hurley, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had to stay here for a conference and I had the address with me that was supplied on the resort's website so when I was driving, I plugged in the address to my Garmin and wanted to go right to the place. The Garmin did not recognize the address and it is a brand new unit! I then went to lodging and the Kalahari was not listed on any of the lodging or entertainment. I ended up driving around for an hour and late for the conference. I was not happy... As for the place, it is awesome! The conference facilites are very nice and large. The food is very good and the water park is great! I would most certainly stay here again but do not trus their website for directions!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Located a few hours drive away from Chicago and Minneapolis--not ideal ideal location and the town offers little else yet this is a destination location and for that purpose it is a great weekend get-a-way especially for preteens and young teens. Older teens prefer the outdoor water slides which are only open in the summer. Rooms are just OK but if you are active in the water then you sleep well. Food and service above average--fine for families but not 5 star. However, during some holidays: at Easter, Thanksgiving, etc. they put on an amazing banquet--very, very well done and delicious food. Off season also has advantages of fewer crowds and better access to all services. Spa is also nice for mom. Indoor entertainment park is fun for younger kids: mini golf, laser tag etc. We visit in summer and once in off season. Top two in the Dells for indoor to be sure.

• Stayed October 2012
Wonderful tips you have provided for future guests. Thank you so much for sharing. Thank you for visiting us time and again. It is always our pleasure! Hopefully we will see you again soon! Take care!
Geneva, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a dream family vacation all in one. You never have to leave the resort. Great food comfortable living and roomy with full kitchen in condos. Waterpark, gameroom and bars attached.

Visit this place and if you have kids you cannot go wrong!!

Room Tip: Get a condo which has full service kitchen more TVs and huge living space!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kalahari Resorts & Conventions? Share your experiences!