“Perfect for children under eight” 5 of 5 stars

Polynesian Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   857 N. Frontage Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #63 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Salem, WI
“Perfect for children under eight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2005

Over Christmas Break my family of four (children ages 5 and 6) stayed at the Polynesian for two nights. It was clean, friendly, convenient to downtown and plenty to do. There was a variety of pool activities (4) and a fun Tiki bar/grill that felt like being in an indoor Jamaican cafe. We were even allowed to drink and eat their yummy food poolside. We loved it. After reading a review from this website about the Polynesian, we chose this place because with children under eight-there is plenty to do, it's not too big or overwhelming or expensive like many of the others in the Dells. We definitely would stay there again!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2005

Kids, parents and grandparents stayed at the Polynesian and we all loved it! The rooms were large and clean and the grounds were immaculate. We went two years ago and are planning a trip back this summer.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2004

When we checked in the lady there was very rude. If you like rude front desk people stay HERE. My kids ages 2,5,7,7,9,and 11 thought it was great. The waterpark that is and the game area. In our room(s) we saw it hadn't been cleaned the closet doors fell off. The twins saw that the pull-out sofa litally didn't well pull out. My 9 year old said he saw some garbage in the garbage basket, results it hadn't been empited. Hair in the bathtubs gross. My 2 year old devoloped the flu on Sunday night, we couldn't go to the waterpark. On Monday she was well, and we went to the waterpark. Then my 9 and 5 year olds got sick,too. I asked myself why was everyone getting sick. I found the solutain MOLD IN THE BATHROOM SHOWER. My 2, 5 and 9 year olds are allergic to mold. They get the flu. So that ruined our visit to the Polynesian. I WILL NEVER EVER STAY HERE AT THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2004

As a single parent on a budget who grew up vacationing occasionally in the Dells, I appreciated having an affordable, safe, family-friendly hotel to stay in. I would stay there again, and my 4 1/2 year old daughter did not want to leave, either. The room was clean, fresh, the maid service was excellent, and the front desk staff was very helpful. The discount deal offered for the weekend included a free yummy pizza, which saved us eating out one night. The indoor and outdoor waterpark were better staffed than I had expected, considering we came after season. There were no billing issues upon checkout, they allowed a late checkout, and were even willing to extend a special rate for an additional night if we could have stayed. We were located close to everything but far enough away to have restful nights.

• Stayed September 2004
Bloomington, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2004

My family had a blast! I took my two kids, ages 5 and 10 to the Polynesian for a quick vacation before school started and we were all impressed! The service was good and the rooms were spacious and clean, just perhaps a little too dark (they need some normal lighting somewhere in the room). I loved the amenities - refrigerator, hair dryer, cartoon channel! I had to drag my kids out of the pool every night and they are already talking about 'our next trip to the Polynesian'. Big thumbs up from us!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2004

We stayed at the Polynesian due a special they had for a weekend, but sorry to say it was not worth the $313.00 we spent. The rooms looked overly used. We had to complain to room service because they did not clean our room, nor change their stained sheets. The basketball board in the indoor pool had paint falling off into the pool. That did not look environmentally safe. They offer a free digital camera rental which you can have them make a cd for $20.00, but no one knows how to run the program. When I checked out I couldn't leave with my CD. I paid for it and when it arrived the CD is blank! What a rip off! I wouldn't stay there again. I rather wait for off-season prices and stay at the Wilderness where my kids had a great tim

• Stayed August 2004
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2004

Had a great time, We spent our last night of vacation here.

We stayed in a standard 2 queen bed room, the room was nice and very spacious, had everything you needed except they didn't have extra pillows or blankets in the closet and the rooms were starting to look a bit old and the lighting could have been better. The kids liked the room with the baloney facing the pools. I think its time to start some room remodeling projects.

The waterpark was wonderful, the kids had a blast. I think they need to pay some attention to the floors in some of the kiddie pools inside and out, they are getting a bit rough and tore up my feet a little.

The Tiki bar and grill is great we had a good time getting pizza by the pool. It was nice that we didn't have to leave after we arrived.

Been to Polynesian Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!