We attempted to stay at this hotel as part of a "free" package deal. It wasn't even good enough to stay there for free. We checked in and went to the room. It was outdated, yes, but to me that isn't a big deal. I just want a room that's clean. The bathroom had mold in the grout along the tub. The last guest's personal belongings (a dress and a t-shirt) were still hanging on the back of the bathroom door. That didn't give me a lot of confidence in how well the room had been cleaned prior to us arriving. The blanket that was sitting in the closet as an extra to use if needed was covered in long dark hair. The carpet looked as though it had been vacuumed, but there were crumbs around the edges of the bed on the floor. It looked like the main open areas had been done, but not much attention was paid to the periphery. The couch had dark upholstery, so if there were issues there, I couldn't see them, but I did not want to sit on it anyway. The condition of the rest of the room did not give me confidence to even sit down. I have three kids (5, 3 and 1) and I didn't want them to touch anything. Since we were supposed to stay there for three nights, it seemed like the best thing to do was go somewhere else. I went up to the front desk and politely let them know that we weren't staying and the woman behind the desk did not look surprised or even inquire about why we were leaving. I was left with the impression that we weren't the first guests to make that decision. I did tell her that they should have someone remove the clothes from the bathroom and she just gave me an apologetic look and shook her head. I will say that I appreciated that they didn't give us a hassle about it and refunded my credit card without me having to ask if they would (even though the stay was "free" we were responsible for about $60 in taxes.) Maybe after they complete their renovation, it will be better, but I would definitely not recommend it right now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Polynesian offers a variety of room styles to choose from - King rooms, Queen Rooms, Two Bedroom Suites, & Luxury Suites - one is sure to accommodate your family's stay in Wisconsin Dells. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The resort is undergoing improvements during 2015 and select areas will be restricted due to these improvements. We make every effort to offer alternatives but will occasionally be unable to do so. Thank you for your understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Polynesian Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Polynesian Resort Wisconsin Dells