“Worst of the Dells (or nearly)” 1 of 5 stars

You added Polynesian Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Polynesian Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   857 N. Frontage Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #64 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Worst of the Dells (or nearly)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed here as part of another "deal". It was outdated, no in room wifi, only a few TV channels, dirty bathroom,moldy smelling entryways, peeling paint, the weed beds add a homey touch though! Book elsewhere and enjoy the Dells!

Room Tip: stay someplace else

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

After reading reviews on here as well as on other websites, I was slightly terrified to stay here. After walking into the lobby, it really does look like a resort. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I've heard horror stories about the rooms here, but ours was pretty good. Outdated, but clean. I heard they're going under renovation (not sure if all rooms will be renovated) but with a little bit of updating to the rooms I think it would be a great hotel. The beds were comfortable and the housekeeping service was good as well. The waterparks again were pretty outdated (we heard that it was the first indoor waterpark in the dells) but nice. I would stay here again especially if they had some renovations done.

• Stayed August 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Don't ever stay here!!!! Shandon and I saw a good last minute deal and had decided to come Dells on a last minute get away for birthday. I'm appalled at this place. Checked in at 1.45 they didn't have my reservation. I showed them on my phone and reception didn't even offer us to enjoy the pool while we wait. 30 minutes he said. I checked back 3 times, each time they saw me in the line, and still made me wait then informed me it wasn't ready. On my 4th trip at 3.30 I was told the room would be ready at 4pm. Went back at 4.30 and told still not ready. At 5.30 went and asked again (after waiting 30 mins in line.) The guy at the desk offered no apologies, no room house credits, and moved us in to a different room (no longer the balcony room we had booked.) We walked in to find an open fridge with a wet towel, a night stand with crumbs on it, and a patio with wet towels on the chairs, in front of a dead plant filled with cigarette butts. Prob gonna go get money back and shift hotel. Or her and I will just have fun in the dells and make the most of it. But DO NOT STAY HERE. Last time we stayed at the Grand Geneva and the room was 20 mins late and they bought us a bottle of Champagne and $60 in vouchers. I understand getting what you paid for but customer service costs nothing.

• Stayed August 2014
Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

this is our 3rd year here. very disappointed! our room was dirty and the toilet was stopped up when we got there. had to call 4 times to get it unstopped. then it leaked the whole time. we had to put towels down so the kids wouldnt slip. the next day our sink stopped up! the room was never cleaned or beds made from the first day of our stay. we had to call for towels for showers because we never saw a cleaning person! for the price you pay for this "resort" is not good for what you get! we will be looking for somewhere else to stay in the future. the only good thing about this place is the waterparks area.

Crest Hill, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We called almost a month in advance to have a connecting room so our family could enjoy our stay together this didn't happen ! We had to constantly go back in forth in the hallways !! We went swimming cold water outside wanted to go inside on the lazy river guess what closed all day opens at 4pm . No swimming inside besides 4 pm is when you leave to go out to dinner or start to make nightly plans. Gave us our bill a day early with wrong names on them . Manager was never there funny huh! If I was the original oldest resort I would at least try to stay on top . Very dirty ,toilet ran all night had to constantly jiggle the handle ,outside the building looked terrible ,Hallways stunk like terrible . Never again !!!!!! I know I won't get a response from them because I don't think they really care . At one tome I saw at least ten children in a hot tub ,there shouldn't have been none in that hot water.sorry I can go on and on and on . BEWARE !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Can't none
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

For $300 a night, here is what you get... The Good: 1) The staff is very nice and tries to do what they can with what they have. 2) The outdoor waterpark is great fun for kids about ten and under and not overwhelming like some of the bigger parks 3) The water in all the pools and slides was the perfect temperature 4) The lifeguards were awesome -- good, fun, funny, helpful! 5) They opened the indoor water park when it rained and they had to close the outdoor one. 6) It is very centrally located -- everything else we wanted to do was close by 7) They knocked the price down after we complained. See below... The Bad: 1) THERE IS NO WI-FI IN THE HOTEL! (Except in the lobby.) Who, in this day and age, doesn't have wi-fi?????? 2) The room was semi-clean -- we found a dirty band-aid on the floor 3) It was a two-bedroom suite but only had one roll of toilet paper and one 4-cup coffee maker. 4) Our room keys kept deactivating; we had to get at least 6 new cards for our 2-night stay 5) We waited 20-25 minutes to check in. Watching during our stay, this appeared common. 6) Towels are hard to get! We got maybe 4 for our two-bedroom suite (with 7 people) and there were rarely towels stocked in the water park areas 7) The indoor water park is usually only open first at 4:00 -- during peak season! Weird! 8) The indoor pool area has about an inch of gross standing water on the floor. 9) They charge $1.50/day for the room safe -- reimbursed at check-out IF YOU ASK (it's only $1.50 but still -- this is pretty cheesy!) 10) The public restrooms in the hotel and in the water parks were all pretty gross. Overall -- for $300/night, I'm sure you can do better!!

Room Tip: Be careful of upcharges for pool-view rooms.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We traveled this passed weekend with our 2 yr old. She had an amazing time. To her, any pool is great. I would say this resort is great for any kid between 2-12ish. Water temp was fine. They don't have a huge outdoor or indoor pool area, but enough to keep them busy for hours.
We didn't really experience any problems. Our king size bed was firm, but very comfortable; the fridge was new. There is a small microwave in the room, and and old tv which we didn't use. Bathroom was fine, good water pressure.
Capital resorts did purchase Polynesian, and hopefully they will turn everything around and update everything.
I rate this 4/5 because the toddler pools they have (indoor and outdoor) were perfect and kept our daughter entertained.

Room Tip: There is a "luxury king" room, which has a door separating the bedroom from the living roo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Polynesian Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!