We stayed here 3 nights - we have 3 kids between the ages of 2 and 10. This place is a total dive! We go to the Dellls 2 or 3 times a year and this is the worst place ever! We were told that Chula Vista water park passes were included. Upon check-in (at 2:45 on a Thursday during peak summer) we were told no they weren't. I asked for a manager and they said they didn't have one that day. I found out 3 days later this same lady that told me this was the assistant manager! No apologies whatsoever here! The room was just old and icky. Coffeemaker had mold in. Fridge hardly was even cool. All 3 ice machines we tried to get ice from were broken. The beds were like cardboard - completely thin. The pull out couch bed had holes all over and thin. Both blankets were so scratchy we couldn't even sleep with them. The shower curtain had multiple holes in it as well as holes in the top where it hangs (surprised it didn't fall off). Carpet was stained. The hallway doors were missing doorknobs - they just left the hold in them - really made this place look slummy. The hallways had a foul odor to them. Try to get someone to speak understandable, communicatable English and you'll be very lucky! Twice the hotel told us they didn't have any towels. The TV was an old tube tv, that was completely fuzzy (see pic - though worse in person) and this was a suite that we had! WORST PART IS THIS: A total of 5 times we had no hot water. It would run for 10-20 seconds then ice cold! Was told maintenance was on their way up...40 minutes later nothing so we left to eat supper. Same thing on check out day. Maintenance came, couldn't figure it out went to check on the water heater and showed up about an hour later! We ended up taking a nice hot shower at Mt. Olympus (bought a day pass for everyone). Waterpark, if you can call it one, is a joke. It is disgusting! The lazy river I'm surprised is even up and running. Cracks, holes in the cement (above a bridge) all over. The hot tub was cloudy and had a nasty smell. The water was just ice cold with bugs floating in (it was 83 outside). The main kids water thing (The Water Factory) is only open from 4p-9p! Upon asking for a manager again, we were told on Saturday that there wasn't one but that the assistant manager would be in on Sunday morning. We spent 1 day at Mt Olympus and 1 day at Noah's Ark - both these places were spic-n-span clean compared to this dive! The list goes on, this place is a total dive. I requested a minimum of a one night fee deposited back to my account. The assistant manager eventually agreed so but gave me the lowest rate possible - even though the hot water issue mostly was only Sat and Sun. After more complaining she gave me a whopping $200 back. This hotel still was not worth $400 for 3 nights!
If I could rate this a 0, I would!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Polynesian offers a variety of room styles to choose from - King rooms, Queen Rooms, Two Bedroom Suites, & Luxury Suites - one is sure to accommodate your family's stay in Wisconsin Dells. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The resort is undergoing improvements during 2015 and select areas will be restricted due to these improvements. We make every effort to offer alternatives but will occasionally be unable to do so. Thank you for your understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Polynesian Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Polynesian Resort Wisconsin Dells