My husband and I along with another couple stayed at the Polynesian in August 2013. We had a one bedroom room which has a bedroom with a king bed and then a pull-out couch in the "living room" area. Upon check-in we were welcomed by the desk person and treated great! She had a great attitude and was very helpful and friendly. We asked questions/spoke to her a couple other times during our stay and she was always great. Upon entering our room it was hot! We cranked the ac and it was cooled down in no time. We pulled out the couch bed and discovered it was broken. We called the front desk and the maintenance guy came and replaced the whole couch! We kind of helped him maneuver the old one out and the new one in because it really isn't a one man job. We didn't mind helping. We then called down for sheets and more pillows. They arrived in a timely manner. Overall the room was clean but dated. Our room overlooked the outside pool and had a little balcony with two chairs and a small table. Really needs a remodel but wasn't bad. Let me say that the pull-out couch is not comfortable at all. The bar in the middle pushes up and you end up with your head lower than the rest of your body. The sheets don't fit well either. I would never stay on one again! Later that evening we went to the indoor pool. The hot tub was nice but the swimming pool was really cloudy. This was the only experience with the pools we had. The wifi is only available in the hotel lobby and doesn't work very well. I was having a hard time connecting and the lady told me to try restarting my computer. It didn't work so I gave up. Overall it was a decent place to stay for the price. Don't know if we would stay again, but maybe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Polynesian offers a variety of room styles to choose from - King rooms, Queen Rooms, Two Bedroom Suites, & Luxury Suites - one is sure to accommodate your family's stay in Wisconsin Dells. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The resort is undergoing improvements during 2015 and select areas will be restricted due to these improvements. We make every effort to offer alternatives but will occasionally be unable to do so. Thank you for your understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Polynesian Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Polynesian Resort Wisconsin Dells