“Okay” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   857 N. Frontage Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #65 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Okay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked the rooms on a Tuesday and then got an email Saturday telling us that the water park was closed. That was the indoor one of course. Beds are rock hard and about 15 years old. Pillows have no fluff and are old as well. The cable and tv were terrible. Some channels worked and some didn't. Tv made a buzzing noise. Bathroom fan very loud. Pools were clean but the areas surrounding the pool were filthy with food all over it. Very old place that's needs major renovation. The heater in room when running left a funky smell in room and carpet is nasty. My 2 year old son enjoyed the pool so I guess it was worth it. They were going to try and charge me full price despite not being able to use the indoor waterpark. No towels in the pool area. Had to ask for them and found one with stained blood on it.

• Stayed April 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We are staying here now! Check in was 4/4/13. My son is 9 and he is enjoying himself. I like how the pools are not crowded, and the staff is very helpful. We did have to ask to get our room cleaned, but other than that, we are enjoying our stay. It's a good place for kids 10 and under.

• Stayed April 2013
Appleton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Totally disgusting! The rooms smell like smoke. There were no towels for our rooms or the pool area for our entire stay. There was pizza thrown against a window and never touched for our entire stay. Mattress was stained with vomit and there were no fitted sheets. Worst experience ever!

Room Tip: Do not stay here at all!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was looking forward to my trip & was disappointed because I stayed for 3 nights & did not receiving housekeeping not even once! The beds & sofa bed were uncomfortable & the room was dingy. I will never stay in this hotel ever again. My son enjoyed the indoor lazy river & water park but that's about it. The pool is not good for adults because its only 3 ft deep.

Room Tip: Book near the pool if you do book here because we had to walk far to get to the indoor pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

What a disaster. Took my three grandchildren for one of their birthdays. We had to check in three times as the rooms weren't ready. Finally we got a room at 5 pm and when we got to the room it wasn't cleaned yet.Called the front desk and was told they would send a manager. I had to call four times before a manager came and she said " are you going to stay in this room"? I said well they didn't give us another room ,so she said we will come and clean it and by that time it was 6pm. I asked if we could checkout later the next day and she said I don't know I will have to see if the room is booked.? I told her to forget it. Like the room was going to be cleaned anyway emmediatly at 11 am,which I think is a early checkout time. I felt so sorry for my grandchildren having to wait around for three hours when we checked. They gave us $12 credit for the inconvience and charged a resort fee of $4.50 and$1.50 for the safe that we didn't use.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you want a fun place to stay that is clean, comfortable, and worth the price...try Kalahari. The beds at the Polynesian were like sleeping on slabs of stone. The bathroom was tiny...and our faucet didn't work properly. Outdated rooms..outdated pools...overall a disappointment. We won't be back.

• Stayed March 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

On my way home from Wisconsin Dells we decided to find 1 more place to stay and enjoy our time... so we wind up coming back to the Polynesian hotel :) unfortunately the water park was closed but they still had a really nice pool and kiddie pool.... the hot tub was to die for it was great.... that's where I spent most of my time! The service was good the rooms were nice everything was pretty much what we expected but the rooms where outdated... it wasn't a problem I'll just use to being and classy more modern rooms and this 1 was taking me back to when I was a little girl...... I had a good time and so did my kids... they enjoyed it and even though the rooms were outdated it was a little bit more comfortable and reminded me as if I was staying at my grandma's house... very close in Pleasant :)

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Polynesian Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!