“Prefer it over bigger resorts” 4 of 5 stars

You added Polynesian Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Polynesian Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   857 N. Frontage Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #65 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Prefer it over bigger resorts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night, wasn't expecting much and braced ourselves considering the reviews. . I was pleasantly surprised!! We are at chula vista right now and man do I wish we were back at Polynesian. Maybe its because our children are younger and we are pretty simple people. We loved how small and quaint it is. Food was Good and waterpark was perfect Size for 7&4 year old. We are leaving here a day early to go back there. For $74 a night its a steal!

• Stayed October 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here in early August for 3 nights. We were pleasantly surprised considering all of the bad reviews. This is by no means a new resort and they really do need to put some money into renovations. We didn't use the indoor pool, I have to agree that the water looked murky but that may have something to do with the bad lighting. The outside pool was really cold so we didn't spend any time in there. Our family enjoyed the slided indoor and out along with both lazy rivers. I can't say anything bad about the waterpark, we were ok with it. Our room big but not the cleanest. In order to not ruin my stay I made a conscious decision to not look too closely. We booked the hotel through Blue Mountain resort, so we didn't pay much for our 3 nights so we just made the best of it. If you're planning to spend all day and night at this hotel, this is not the place to stay, you won't be happy. If we would've paid the regular rates I would not have been happy and probaly would've considered staying someplace else.

Room Tip: first floor rooms facing the parking lot do not have balconies. Ask for pool facing or higher floor...
Green Bay, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We picked this hotel only because I had hotel points to redeem, and the hotels I wanted wouldnt accept point for the weekend. I figured it couldnt be THAT bad, we are not terribly picky people.
I was able to check in early on a saturday, which was great since we were just in the car for 2.5 hours and my daughter was dying to go swimming. There were flies all over in the lobby, but I ignored that. Got to our room and PU! What a stench! I couldnt tell what it was, kind of like mold + b.o.? I opened the window but we were on ground floor facing the parking lot so we couldnt leave it open while we were out. The shower had a fresh coffee cup ring on the side of the tub. Not sure if housekeeping had coffee, or if it was cleaned at all. The carpet and the furniture almost had a greasy sheen to it. I kept telling my daughter to put a towel down under her butt on the couch, it was so nasty.
We get to the waterpark, and it would have been great if the water wasnt 50 degrees. Granted the weather that day was only 70, but we couldnt swim in ANYTHING outside. It was torture going in even up to your thighs. So we had to do the indoor pools-- so gross. The lazy river and big slide were CLOSED saturday. The only options we had were the indoor pool, full of about 100 people, or one of 2 hot tubs thAT HAD ABOUT 4 inches of brown scuzzy foam on them. Thye big pool was so disgusting, you couldnt even see the bottom, it was so murky. I kept feeling chunks of stuff under my feet and was completely grossed out but tried not to complain because of course my 4 year old daughtrer didn't notice. There were band aids and smashed crackers all soggy by the pool, and the next day still there. So gross.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Iky floors in rooms lazy river was best part we should have paid for a different hotel then went there during the day will not be going back seriously save your money go to super 8 even has better conditions smelly room floors not vacumed under bed I took a lint catcher and found hair on carpet and on bed outside waterpark has some major issues with safety ice cold water except for lazy river and only 6 to 12 inches on most I thoughr it would have been perfect for my 9 month old but he couldn't even put on a floater very unhappy we left halfway into our stay

• Stayed August 2012
Wausau, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Not up to my expectations for the money. This has become a second rate hotel. Staff is rude and one staff informed me that this property is Bank owned and does not want to put anything into it. Air conditioner did not work, bathroom fan made lots of noise and needs to be replaced, door lock did not work properly, mold in bathrooms, not clean, sheets had holes in them, the list goes on.....once they have your money, you are stuck with the room! Good Luck with this one....ruined my vacation......anyone know of a nice place to stay at the Dells....a hotel who cares?

Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is the 2nd time my family and I stayed here. It was not a good experience. There are 3 hot tubs on the property and only 1 was hot. Our room smelled like cigarette smoke and when they found us another room to move into there was water on the floor from a leaky refrigerator. The new room also smelled like cigarette smoke. We have 3 small childern and on the last day the resort ran out of clean towels for the water park area and indoor pool area. I will not go back there again.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband & I decided to stay at a "smaller" hotel as we wanted to take the kids to other activities besides the waterpark attractions. We regretted that decision as soon as we entered the Polynesian. The staff was rude & not helpful, restrooms were filthy. Our room was still not ready at check-in time (4 pm om a weekday). We were told it would be 5 minutes. 15 minutes later we were STILL waiting. Finally we got our key & walked through a hall that smelled of urine to a room that was very run-down & dirty.Walls so thin we heard our neighbors all night long. One of the pools was so cold we couldn't swim in it, the others were filthy, the slides run-down, & the lifeguards were rude & not helpful at all. Huge disappointment for only $25 less than a stay at a larger, better known hotel. Huge disappointment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Polynesian Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!