“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
5'oclock somewhere
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Good location if going to spend the day at either of the waterparks, room was ok but could use some updating. The only real complaint would be the pools, they were very cold..both indoor and outdoor. It was cool when we were there these past days so we thought we would enjoy the indoor pools..too cold to swim. Probably better choices in the dells. Housekeepiing came to our room at 930 am...alitle too early. Did ask them to come back later and they did. Might be ok for a family of 4, you do get free Chula Vista park passes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for the review. Our indoor and outdoor pools are kept at 82 degrees. Not sure which day you are referring to ....please call so we can pinpoint the problem. At 72 degree temps this week people are outdoor enjoying our pools. Thank you for the taking the time to review us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed here after switching from the Polynesian resort. A million times better! Some have complained that the water parks are geared towards younger children. This is true (their brochure even states that) but this is perfect for the family that doesn't care for overwhelming crowded parks. And for those that do you receive free passes to the Chula Vista waterpark. So there is something for everyone. Yes the hotel is older as are most of the hotels in the Dells but they keep it maintained. The beds are comfortable, staff is friendly and a free waffle breakfast is included. (Just waffles and assorted pastries and fruit, cereal and milk or juice.) They even have suites that sleep up to 8 people. Our kids loved the mermaid decor. Overall we are very pleased and will be back! A fantastic value in the Dells!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you your comments are appreciated. Our staff works hard to please. We appreciate your business and cannot wait to see you in the future.
eaga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family (4 adults and 1 preschooler) stayed at the Atlantis for five days. We rented the Neptune Suite and it fit our family's needs. We really liked that it had a balcony that you could sit outside on. Although we could have received free passes to Chula Vista, we decided to stay and use the waterparks right in the hotel. They were the right size for our daughter (3) and there weren't very many people there so it wasn't crowded at all. She went down the slides as much as she wanted without having to wait in line.

If you can, make sure you get a room on the top floor. We were on the second floor and we thought a bowling alley was on top of us. We did ring the desk to complain. And they took care of it. If it was during the day it would have been no big deal. But when people are loud at night, especially towards 9:00PM, they should be respectful of other guests.

The breakfast was a litle bit to be desired. Yes, it was free. That helped save money, but the cereal was really dry and the pastries were as well. I think having the breakfast in the pool area didn't help the freshness of the food and eating in that hot environment didn't help either.

Either way, we enjoyed our stay. The front desk attendess were very polite and always willing to help. My daughter would love to come back. After seeing the lines at the bigger resorts, it is much better time-wise and money-wise to stay at a resort like the Atlantis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you! Sure is nice to hear positive things. We appreciate your business. Glad we could help make some faimly memories! Always a good thing to be part of. Hope to see you in the future soon.....
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Truth be told, I was "walked" to the Atlantis when my original hotel overbooked my reservation, so I wasn't in the best mood when I got there, and I was in town for business so I was thinking "Oh No, a waterpark!"

OK, first of all, the young lady who checked me in was upbeat and professional, the room had everything a contemporary hotel room has (single cup coffee maker, decent wifi, check/check) and the place was surprisingly accommodating to a business person like me- the room was quiet (which I did not expect), breakfast was quick and easy, and they gave me express check out.
Since I walked in with such preconceptions, I felt compelled to offer them a good word. Clean room, solid desk crew, modern accommodations, and somehow this waterpark hotel kept kids from running outside my room. What more could I ask for?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Well how about that? Childrens waterpark worked for the business traveler too?! Love it. Thank you for your comments. Awesome testimonial. Hope to see you for your next business trip or family vacation! Safe travels.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We just got home from our 2 day stay at Atlantis! We checked into the hotel after a very long day on the road. (highway tire blowout!) The gentleman at the front desk was absolutely fabulous....we were checked in in minutes and I got to flop down into my very comfortable king sized bed. The room was clean and had plenty of room for the 4 of us. Later in the evening we headed to the pool...both of my boys (1 and 9) had a blast. My 9 year old discovered the arcade and had a great time winning lots of tickets and collecting lots of prizes. In the morning we headed up for breakfast... it was perfect for us....waffles and milk for the guys...toast and juice for mom. ( the attendant was very polite and helpful when I couldn't find straws). When we checked out the next day my son made me promise to come back to Atlantis next year....I am positive that's a promise I can keep.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for the kind comments. It is appreciated. We strive to please. Take care and we hope to see you in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice 2 room suite. Very big. The room needs new Carpet. The shower needs to be updated too. Nice free Breakfast. The waffles were very good. The bad thing was there was no juice to drink only milk. Front desk needs new employees. I was Waiting to check in and they took people that came in after me And checked them in before me. It took 20 minutes To check in.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your comments. I will review the room and meanwhile give me a call. I appreciate the time you took and the comments. Thank you.
Chicago Heights, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I purchased 2 nights in the Neptune Suites from Groupon and was able to finally use them this past weekend. I must say that first of all, I dont leave reviews- EVER. I felt disappointed enough in this hotel and overall purchase that I feel the need to leave a review so this doesnt happen to anyone else.
Things that were good:
-Check-in was smooth and the lady was very plesant
-Rooms were clean
-Location on the main strip is great
-Good for small children

Things that were not good:
-We came back to our room at 2:30 in the afternoon from leaving at 7:45 a.m. with our door OPEN. The cleaning lady never closed our room. HORROR. We have no idea how long it was left open.
- When I tried to call the front desk, the phone didnt work. The cord was falling apart.
- Keys became uncoded
-This being said, had to make a couple LONG trips down to the front desk
-Front desk clerk got the manager quickly when I told her the room was left open BUT the manager did nothing much other than ask if I wanted a late check-out. That's IT. Why the heck would I want to stay longer than needed? The manager was pretty calm about this considering the circumstances. If I was able to, I would have left that day. Completely unacceptable.
-The free breakfast was another fiasco. The juice machine didn't work, the guy who was making the waffles smelled soooo bad like BO my husband almost gagged. Breakfast also was in the indoor pool area which was hot and steamy, Not very pleasant. We wound up going out for breakfast (spending more $ than anticipated)
-The indoor pool had slides and things for kids however the slides and steps, etc had a lot of MOLD, yes mold, on it. We wouldnt even let our 2 year old in the water. We wound up going to a nearby waterpark dropping another $100 just to get in and park and another $25 on food/drinks. (Another unanticipated expense)
- One remote for 2 TV's
-Outdated rooms. Clean, but outdated.

Overall I would not recommend this place unless you dont care about moldy pools/slides, terrible security and an uncaring hotel manager. This experience basically has proven to me that you just dont get great service from discounted packages (Groupon). I will stick to the one place in the Dells that I can count on for great service, cleanliness, and a great time. No more coupons for me. Be aware of what you're buying- there is often a reason why things are discounted.... The cost of this stay here was the same at regular price at the place I can count on....

Room Tip: Tip: I wouldnt stay here again.