“Great Place! Great Value!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
1570 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #39 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Great Place! Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I purchased a groupon for Atlantis, and we weren't sure what to expect. We stayed in a regular whirlpool suite, and it was beyond expectations! We never used the pool area, though it was clean and smelled nice. The front desk was helpful in giving us recomendations for places we were interested in. We spent a lot of time relaxing in our huge room, and were appreciative of how the cleaning staff was so polite and friendly. The hotel is directly across from Mt Olympus theme park, about a mile away from the outlet mall, right by Noah's Ark. We definitely want to go back in the summer when the outdoor attractions are open!

• Stayed October 2012
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you we appreciate the kind review. Safe travels and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Milwaukee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I like many others had one of the coupon deals,I believe it was about $79/night for a large suite. 1 king bed, 2 queens and a pull out couch. The room was very musty but overall APPEARED to be cleaned. Move any of the furniture just an inch and you will see lots of dust, crumbs and hair. The beds were actually comfortable and the sheets appeared to be clean, but I couldn't sleep at all that night. The pillows were horrid. They smelled like mildew/cigarettes/B.O. It wasn't until the next morning when the rest of my party woke up, that they all thought the same thing about the pillows.

The water park is in serious need of repair. At the top of the slide, an entire foam "ledge" was coming down. So much so that it hit your head as you were going down the slide. There appears to be padding at the top of the slide, but that too has completely faded and scratched my 3yr olds bottom. There are landing pads at the bottom of the slides that are not secured to the floor of the pool. It's just a big accident waiting to happen. The pictures on their website have clearly been photo-shopped. The pool area is definitely not as bright and vibrant as they lead you to believe. Most of the animals that are suppose to spray water, at best trickle.

I think the best part of this stay were the water park passes to Chula Vista.

Room Tip: Move things around a bit in the room to see how clean things really are. Do a quick sniff test of th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
When you have issues please call the front desk so we may take care of the problem. The only way we know you cannot sleep is if you tell us. Please call me so we can talk about a future stay.
Grayslake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was honestly nervous to stay here, the rate was cheap- $59 Mon- TR & $79 Sat- Sun- really cheap right? I thought too cheap, what is wrong with this hotel? Nope, nothing and I mean nothing wrong. The hotel staff was so pleasant. The room was clean, even the shower which is important since I have toddlers to bathe in the tub portion. The walls are thick, we never heard anyone on either side of us. The waterpark was the perfect size for my two toddlers. We also received passes to Chula Vista's waterpark that we used. The only down side is that Chula Vista is BYOT (bring your own towels) to anyone who is not one of their resort guests, just a heads up. Minor in my head for the cost savings. The only other thing I wish they had was a fitness facility. I spent $5 a day at a Snap Fitness, again, not that big of a deal. So glad they don't have those nasty comforters on the beds. I would stay here again. It's nice to be able to get away and not spend an arm and a leg.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Awww thank you. You get us. We so appreciate the positive feedback. Yes that is us....reasonable...clean...and here to help.
Thank you and hope to see you in the near future.
White Bear Lake, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had purchased a group discount coupon for this property and that was my only reason for going there. It was for a suite with a fireplace, jacuzzi and kitchenette. Sadly, when we arrived, we were told that there were issues with the suite and we were offered adjoining standard rooms. The desk clerk was apologetic and helpful as best as he could be and although I was angry and disappointed I didn't feel like it was his fault. Later in the day the front desk contacted me to let me know that a cancellation of another suite had occurred and I could change rooms. They then sent a staff person to help me with the move and the suite was worth it. The kids enjoyed the jacuzzi and the separate bedroom was great for later that evening when some wanted to stay up later than others. The waterpark at Atlantis is strictly for toddlers. For anyone else they give you wristbands for Chula Vista. I am not fond of staying at one place and having to drive to the waterpark. I didn't find the property to be top notch by any means but it was average and certainly not in obvious disrepair. The staff that I came into contact with were all friendly and helpful. Bottom line is for 99 bucks it's a pretty good hotel. If you want nicer you need to go to the Wilderness or Kalahari.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Much appreciated. We love to hear from our happy customers. Do us a favor and pass the word. Thank you very much.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I checked into the Atlantis on Friday, Oct. 19th, during the day. You know, I read a review from "ScottHSH" and I was disappointed to see that a Staff member was cut-down. Honestly, my husband and I, with our 2 kids have always had a positive experience. Of course, no one if perfect, and we need to remember that we're all people, and will indeed make mistakes from time to time. Getting back to the "man at the front desk", a man checked us in, and our experience was pleasant. He went above and beyond, made sure that we knew of the Bar & Grill Hours, told us to bring our towels to Chula (as they don't provide towels to other hotel guests). He also asked us what type of food we were looking for, and went that extra mile to provide us with a Restaurant that fit our needs specifically.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nathaniel and I thank you. He is a long time employee and has many positive comments. We have a folder called ...We would like to thank Nathaniel.
He goes above and beyond for our guests. Also quite kind to our employees. We value him and your comments. Thank you
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Upon check-in on the evening of 16 OCT 2012, the young man working the front desk was extremely curt and rude, acting as if he had better things to do than his duties at the front desk. He was non-responsive to questions regarding the area attractions and dining options.

The room was in desperate need of updating and maintenance. The "king whirlpool suites" are not quite as depicted in the photographs on the hotel website. The walls clearly need paint, the panels around the tub are slipping off and the fixtures need a good dusting/cleaning. The bed was not very comfortable but I have experienced worse. The carpets could use a shampooing and the drapes are musty. The televisions need to be updated --- they still have the older, box-type televisions hanging from the wall and the picture is not very good.

My biggest complaint regarding Atlantis would be the telephone call I received at 10:40am on my day of check-out. I was only here for one night. The front desk clerk called to remind me that I had to vacate the room no later than 11:00am or would be charged for an additional night. Since I had no plans of staying past 11:00am I asked "why would you call to remind me of the check-out time?" I was told, "I just want to remind you that you have to be out of the room in 20 minutes." I had not even requested a late check-out! The clerk was obnoxious and I found this call to be incredibly rude.

This is a hotel that could be GREAT with a little attention to obvious/showing maintenance problems and overt wear and tear, as well as staff training in customer service. I would not stay here again. The price paid ($99.00 inclusive of tax) is a bit much for what I received. There are better options at a greater value in the same general area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Please call me. It sounds as if you were pranked. We do not call rooms upon check out to reiterate check out. Give me a call and we will discuss the issues. Thank you
Brookfield, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our stay at Atlantis was great! We came to the Dells for a family reunion, so unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to visit the pool or water park at Atlantis (or Chula Vista, which is a great perk!). But we thought the front desk staff was extremely friendly and informative. Our room was large and clean with a nice balcony. The bed was comfy, the bathroom and vanity areas suited our needs, and the hot tub was great! The location is right in the middle of everything, which was perfect with all of the running around we did. It was easy to stop back at the room to drop stuff off, change, or whatever we needed. We'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wow thank you very much. Thank you. We so appreciate your kind words. Our staff works hard and we appreciate it when it is noticed. Thank you and see you soon,

Been to Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!