“Such a Nice Rest After a Long Day!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Day's End Motel

You added Americas Best Value Day's End Motel to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Day's End Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   North 604 Highway 12 & 16, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965-9103   |
Offers & Announcements
$50 (USD)
Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
“Such a Nice Rest After a Long Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were so pleased with our stay at the Day's End! Rachel greeted us warmly, and even shared some of the dessert she had just made for her family with us.
She also gave us a history of the area, and recommended a restaurant for breakfast. When we couldn't figure out how to work our television properly, Mark came down and showed infinite patience in schooling us so that we could master the technology. We were very impressed with the cleanliness, the warmth of the managers, and the beautiful setting of this motel. We will definitely stay here again as we traverse this state on our way back and forth between eastern and western Canada. We highly recommend this motel to anyone passing through Wisconsin Dells.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rachel S, Manager at Americas Best Value Day's End Motel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We're glad that these guests enjoyed their stay AND their apple kringle. We work hard to make our guests' stays comfortable and enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Osceola, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our daughter needed to be in the WI Dells for a State 4H Drama Company meeting which was being held at Upham Woods. We live 3 1/2 hours away so to drive her there and return the next day to pick her up seem absurd. We wanted to find a small, inexpensive motel where we could stay with our dog. All we needed was a clean, affordable and pet friendly motel.
We found just this at Day's End Motel.
We made the reservation over the phone with Rachel who was very friendly. Rachel explained all fees clearly and made certain I understood. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Mark who too was very pleasant. The room was clean and ready for our use. The rooms do not have have all the modern fixtures of the high priced hotels such as modern light fixtures but everything worked and it was clean. In fact, the old fashioned lighting and switches only brought back memories of our childhoold for us. In fact, we were given a brass key ring and a real key! No key cards. You don't see that anymore. I wanted to keep the keyring and key to show the kids. The property is well maintained and has great curb appeal! We really liked the fact that there was a large area behind the motel where we were able to walk our dog for her business without disrupting anyone. The rooms were plenty big for us and our dog, suitcases and doggie supplies.

We wil definitely stay here again when back in the Dells area! Thank you Rachel and Mark. GREAT JOB!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased that these guests were comfortable at Day's End. We strive to maintain clean, comfortable accommodations for all our guests. We hope to serve these guests and their pet on future stays to Wisconsin Dells!
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We are heading back to Wisconsin Dells in a few days. Have already booked our room at Day's End. We are looking forward to staying at such a clean, wonderful motel. Looking forward to seeing Mark & Rachel again too. They are the managers of Days End & you couldn't ask for better people to work with. Super nice, very helpful & just all around wonderful people. See you soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rachel S, Manager at Americas Best Value Day's End Motel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We have many repeat guests and we do so enjoy them all! We are grateful to this guest for staying with us and look forward to seeing them again.
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I accompanied my wife to a conference in the area but planned to work in the room while she was at meetings. There was one wobbly table to work on. The beds had plastic sheets under the regular sheets which seemed odd. But the neatest thing was the pair of old towels marked "Rag" with a magic marker.

This property cannot be found with a Garmin GPS. And trying to call for directions failed as the phone was not answered. I finally got there by using navigation on my phone. Turns out that the toddler unplugged the motels phone.

Other than that the place was clean and everything worked.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the time our guests take to share their honest opinions with us! We are in the process of replacing our less-than-sturdy tables. Also, the plastic mattress-covers are to keep our mattresses allergen-free and fresh; usually there is a pad to prevent any discomfort. Since there seems there was no pad, we do apologize and in future, hope to serve this guest better. The guest rags are available for spills. We hate to throw anything away that might still be useful, so rather than throwing an entire towel with one spot on it in a landfill, we cut it up and offer it to our guests for whatever they see fit. This small offering is especially important in May during the Automotion car shows in Wisconsin Dells, or when our motorcycle clubs stop in for the weekend.

We hope we've not disappointed this guest, and certainly hope that he gives us another opportunity to serve him in the future.
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

i stayed here the last weekend of February while my daughter (and her team) stayed at a large resort hotel for a volleyball tournament. I did not want to pay the high prices for a room I would not be in all that much, nor did I need a waterpark. My criteria was an affordable clean room, location less than 10 minutes away from the venue, decent TV for my off hours, WIFI for work, a refrigerator, and at least average room size. I am happy to say I found all three and more at this motel!

The motel has great "curb appeal", and presents very well. I had forgotten how wonderful it is to park my car, and only have to walk a few feet to my room. No stairs and no long hallways to schlep bags. The managers were very nice and always available and responsive for the few times I needed them.

The room itself was wonderful. Since i was travelling alone, I was happy to find that all the rooms have deadbolts. Rather than a sterile white room, it was a nice pale blue color. Different than most rooms you might stay in, but a nice change. As a treat to myself, I opted for the two queen bed room with the jacuzzi tub. When I arrived, the room (with a wall heater) had been turned on and my room was pleasantly toasty. I have stayed in other rooms, motel and hotel alike, where the room was cold upon arrival in the winter, so that was an appreciated touch. The room smelled very fresh and clean - as another reviewed noted, very "fresh laundry" smelling, rather than deodorizer/fake freshener smelling. A flat panel TV with Dish access and remote, a refrigerator and small microwave awaited me. As a girl who likes to spread out, I enjoyed the double vanity all to myself for getting ready in the morning. :) The WiFI access was steady, and the beds/pillows were very comfy. One night I used the jacuzzi tub, and like everything else, it was squeaky clean and completely functional. :)

My only complaint, and it is a small one, is that the heater would run non-stop, and I could not find a happy medium between hot and cool, so I would occasionally have to adjust throughout the evening/night. I sleep better without background noise, so on the second and third nights, I turned off the heater, cozied up in the blankets and comforters and slept very soundly. I woke up to a chilly room (as expected), but not freezing. It only took a few minutes after turning the heater back on to heat the room up.

While the motel feels like it is on the outskirts of town, it is very easy and quick to get to anywhere you would like to go in the Dells.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, and have recommended it to a few other parents for next year's tournament who were not happy with their poorly maintained, high-end, high-priced resort rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We are flattered by this guest's lengthy and favorable review. We enjoy serving our guests and always like to meet special requests when possible. We hope this guest chooses us the next time she travels through Wisconsin Dells.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great place to stay. The rooms I've had have had jacuzzi/jets in the tub--unexpected bonus! Room was clean. Each time I've come, they've been busy
so do make reservations!
Only complaint I think I would have is the tv remote (at least I couldn't figure it out) wouldn't turn the tv on/off, that had to be done manually. Other than that, always a great place and the people have been so nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
We're glad that we could accommodate this guest! We do appreciate reservations, especially in the summer as we do fill nearly every weekend, but we also welcome drop-ins. We are always happy to be of service!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited the Day's End Motel based on the great reviews and affordable price. It did not disappoint. It was small and charming, and we liked that it was a few miles outside of town, away from the lights, billboards, and tacky souvenir stores. The only disappointment was the miniature golf being covered in snow. ;-D We'll be back again soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad that these guests enjoyed their stay with us; we strive to maintain clean, comfortable rooms. And we look forward to serving these guests again in the future!

Been to Americas Best Value Day's End Motel? Share your experiences!