“Paper thin walls, cheap uncomfortable furniture” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BlueGreen Odyssey Dells

You added BlueGreen Odyssey Dells to your Saves list
BlueGreen Odyssey Dells
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1701 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI   |
“Paper thin walls, cheap uncomfortable furniture”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My family was gifted a time share stay from a family friend. We are on our 3rd night on the trip & I am convinced that there is a bowling alley on the 2nd floor of this place. Every night till almost 2am there is slammed coming from above, we have complained to the front desk every night & have been told there is nothing they can do about it. Was sort of shocked by their unwillingness to help, especially after the repetitive requests for us to go on a tour of the Christmas Mtn time share tour. The staff seems very willing to help you spend you $$ but could care less about the comfort of your stay.

Our room was clean so no complaints there but the beds are about as stiff as a board, same goes for the chipped pleather couches. If you want to spend your vacation with a sore back & listeneing to everything that goes on in the room above you, you've found the right place! If I could give a lower rating, I would.

• Stayed March 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Peru, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great family resort. We went in early April. The water park was nice for our son to play. Rides were all nice. Very clean condos. Great service. Also a great location for other touristic features of the area. Would love to go back someday but maybe in the summer so we can enjoy the outdoor water park.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed in the Bluegreen part of the Hotel. For a supposedly new addition the Bluegreen rooms need serious upgrades, but when you start with cheap things it does not take long for them to become real junk. Couches/sleepers are garbage, I felt sorry for my son having to sleep on it. The doors to the patios do not close properly and could use some weatherstripping, we had 3 rooms with family and they were all the same. They say no smoking on the patio but someone had left and ashtray with butts in it and there are butts on the ground below all the patios. The carpets are dirty and could use replacing since I am sure they are not worth cleaning. The kitchenettes are what they are. There is no real oven and the microwave is a dual convection oven but no instructions on how to work it. The indoor waterpark facility is a very long walk from the hotel rooms. It was very busy and I do not know what the capacity is for the waterpark but it is no where near big enough for all the hotel guests and now I guess all the guests of the new offsite hotels the Hotel Rome owns. The place had a very small pool, two 20 people hot tubs(water is lukewarm) that I would not even call a hot tub. Unattended kids where swiming in them and spitting water, lovely! No lifeguards watching the big hot tub. A very small lazy river. The water is not what I would call very clean infact I could not really see the bottom of the very small swimming pool there where so many people in it. They used to have a nice swimming pool and a real hot tub in the actual Hotel Rome part but they closed it? I did not understand that move, now everyone has to go to the pretty gross "indoor waterpark" that is no where near big enough for the size of this hotel and it's new off site property hotels that all get to use the park. There are much better places to spend your money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed for 4 days in July of 2012. Check in was fast, no problem. The unit was a little smaller than the other Bluegreen properties and I really wish the rooms had washer/dryers. Other than that, there is everything you need. They provide you with all the cooking utensils to make simple dinners and table settings for your family to have nice meals at the dinner table. We saved so much money cooking in the room and it wasn't such a far walk from the waterpark to make it inconvenient. The full size refrigerater was a plus to store all of our groceries. We loved coming in from the hot sun to enjoy our homemade frozen treats we could make in the unit for the next day etc. We had friends staying next door at Hotel Rome that would have preferred to stay at our property b/c of the bigger space and the "home like" amenities/feel. We also liked the fact that 4 wristbands for Mt. Olympus were included. You also have the option to purchase an extra for $20.
My kids (5, 10 and 12) loved Thevoutdoor waterpark and didn't even want to explore another one. The indoor waterpark and the indoor center (go-karts, crazy mouse, rock climbing and more) was also a plus. Overall, great place to visit, good central location, and you don't have to spend a lot if you don't want to. Everything on property can keep you busy your whole stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The complex this is located in is the same as one of the great waterparks, which is convenient if that is on your to-do list. Outside of this complex are a variety of other water parks and attractions - all incredibly close.

The unit we stayed in was clean and came with the amenities that most BlueGreen properties have, including a whirlpool, kitchenette, fireplace, etc.,

Customer Service was ideal at this location, and the concierge prepared for us some additional resources of things we may be enjoy doing in the area based on our interests.

This location is also incredibly close to BlueGreens other nearby site, Christmas Mountain Village.

Room Tip: If you're traveling to WI Dells for the waterparks, definitely stay in this location. If you'...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We are silver owners through BlueGreen and come every summer to stay at Odyssey Dells. The units are a little smaller than most other properties 2 bedroom units, but everything you need is provided here! The decor is very nice not outdated as other reviews state. This is a newer property. Beds are comfortable. Staff are GREAT and always happy to help. My only small complaint is that the unit did smell a little musty. Room was very clean upon arrival. Don't hesitate to book, you will love it!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

After reading a few reviews on this property, I decided that I needed to chime in as my experience was completely different than the others. I am always amazed when I read reviews of properties that people have clearly gotten for much less than they would have paid for a moderately priced hotel but I guess they are expecting a 5 star hotel. This is not the Ritz and it does not claim to be. We stayed here on several occasions and did not experience any of the travesties that I am reading about -- I had to check to be sure I was still reading reviews for the same property. The rooms are nicely appointed and offer two bedrooms. Kitchens have what you need to cook a basic meal -- again, nobody is promising a gourmet kitchen. We have stayed on several occasions and never had a problem with room cleanliness nor bugs (and my wife and I are sticklers when it comes to clean hotel rooms). We found the beds comfortable, fitness room nice and well maintained, and the public areas (on the Bluegreen side of the property) to be immaculately well kept. Don't get me wrong -- I am not the biggest fan of Bluegreen and their constant attempts to sell you up (I avoid the concierge like the plague when I am at their properties), but overall I have been impressed with the properties. If you say NO to the constant attempts to market more points and don't answer your room phone during your vacation, I have found that my stays at these resorts to be quite pleasant.

This facility is connected to a waterpark (which is not run by Bluegreen) -- this would be my only complaint -- staff at the waterpark are unfriendly and really give visitors a bad impression of the Dells. Would it hurt to smile at guests and offer a friendly greeting? Waterpark is not well maintained and lifeguards do little to control unruly youngsters (other than look the other way). Wish that Bluegreen had their own waterpark, but understand that this would probably be difficult...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to BlueGreen Odyssey Dells? Share your experiences!