“Good for family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Shores Camp Resort

Holiday Shores Camp Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Holiday Shores Camp Resort
Save Saved
You added Holiday Shores Camp Resort to your Saves list
River Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI   |
“Good for family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed two nights in one of the guest houses with our two young children, while my sisters family of 6 stayed in one of the park models. Both units were perfect in size for our families and there was plenty to do for the kids from the beach, pool, playgrounds and boat rentals. We even were able to rent a golf cart to get around the campground which was a lot of fun! Our stay also included water park passes to chula vista which was only a five minute drive away from the campground! We were also located about ten minutes away from the Dells downtown and main attractions where we took advantage of zip lining (not included). Showers and bathrooms were clean and well kept as well as pool and play areas. Only thing I was not too impressed with was the staff at the main office who seemed to be very unorganized. They even almost lost our reservation entirely because they had misspelled the name (both first and last) so badly! So I highly recommend spelling it out over the phone for them.

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
GREENWOOD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I took my daughter and my 4 grandchildren, ages 5 - 12, for a week. We stayed in a Park Model, which is basically a mobile home. At the end of the week, the 10 year old said "this place is pretty comfortable for 6 people!" And it was. Location - out of the city but close to everything. Rental unit had everything we needed and wanted, including a deck, charcoal grill, fire pit, and air conditioning(!). Activities - playgrounds, swimming pool, bounce houses, inflatables in the water at the beach, fire engine rides, outdoor movies, wifi room, marina and much, much more. The rental unit came with 4 passes to Chula Vista water park. The on-site coin operated laundry was clean, bright and spacious. Quiet hours were really quiet. It does seem that the owners may be having some difficulty keeping up with repairs as there were minor problems and I'm not sure how thoroughly the units are cleaned between guests as we found many "lost" items from previous guests. However, overall, it was a good value for the price. If we ever go back to the Dells, we will probably stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our 3rd annual July 4th weekend visit in a row. In the past, we enjoyed our time there, particularly activities on the Wisconsin River. This year we noticed and felt a let down of service and hospitality that was so in evidence the previous years. Even entering and exiting the campground via a rear gate was a problem due to lack of key cards for the gate, and a shrugging 'oh well' type attitude with the fact that guests at the back of the campground now had to drive all the way around to come and go. The Club 21 was missing the family member that previously ran the club and provided the spirit that made it fun. There were fireworks permitted every day and night we were there even though it clearly states No Fireworks Permitted on the registration paperwork. The Marina was still as great as ever, though anyone can come and rent, so there's no benefit of staying at the campground. We felt Holiday Shores lacked the spirit and fun that that attracted us in the past, and left 2 days early after having fully paid for those days. I felt like I fell out of love with the campground. I'll return for the great times on the river via the Marina, but will find another place to stay next time around. Sad, but it feels like the owners have lost the spark that made Holiday Shores unique.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very large campground with many activities. The pool was clean and well kept. The water inflatables at the river swimming spot were nice as well. All areas get very crowded and when this happens the atmosphere deteriorates. Some campers were loud all day and late into the night, but I like it more quiet. I do not like to hear music from other spots but there really are no barriers between the campsites. They sell freshly made donuts and cinnamon rolls in the morning which are good. When it is crowded the showers and bathrooms are not as clean, but they are OK. No bathrooms by the sites with sewers, I understand the logic, but since we don't use our bathroom in out camper for that- it would be nice to have bathrooms by the game room/bar & large rig sites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I was a little afraid to stay here based on a couple negative reviews and am so glad I decided to give it a try. I have nothing but good things to say about the people that work at the campground....everyone was so nice and helpful. We camped in the no hookup tent area by the beach. The beach and inflatables were fun even for the adults. We rented a boat a couple times which was easy and quite affordable. They had activities for the kids each day we were there which was nice. The showers were clean and hot!!! We didn't have any but the doughnuts smelt awesome! Overall it was a great place to stay with plenty to do for the whole family!!!!

Minnetonka, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Not too bad, but we would have enjoyed a little more parking space and a map to get around the grounds. Lots of others seemed a bit lost as well. Swimming was nice save for the giant jumpy thing in the middle of the swim area. Whole place was swarming with children...and I happen to like kids. I just need a little room to breathe.

Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We recently stayed at Holiday Shores campground/resort for five days and didn't want to leave. We have a 28' travel trailer and the sites are spacious. We camped at the sites near the water and the view was great. I have two young children (6 & 3) and they loved all the activities that the resort had to offer. The pool is nice and warm and was not crowded. The general store is centrally located and well stocked for all the things you might forget. The homemade donuts are delicious as they make them right in front of you. The bathroom and showers were nice and clean as well.

Our favorite part is the waterpark pass (included w/ camp site fee) you get for Chula Vista which is indoor/outdoor and only about 1 mile away. I knew they offered this ahead of time and figured it would be a rinky dink waterpark and I was wrong. The waterpark is organized and ran well. We would go to the park for a few hours and then head back to the camper for lunch and then return in the afternoon. The waterpark is super busy on the weekend so try and go during the week if possible. Again, there was a lot of things for my young kids to do. We also visited Mt. Olympus which was nice, but for the money Chula Vista is just as good. The Wisconsin Dells is a lot of family fun, but we found ourselves wanting to hang around the resort and take advantage of the many activities. If you are planning on camping in the Dells I strongly recommend Holiday Shores campground.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Shores Camp Resort? Share your experiences!