“No really? Stay somewhere else” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Poseidon's Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Poseidon's Village
1231 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy, Wisconsin Dells, WI   |
Ranked #15 of 18 Wisconsin Dells B&B and Inns
“No really? Stay somewhere else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011 via mobile

We booked a room as shown in the pic with the hardwood floors, however upon arrival, we were given a room in what looked like a defunct hotel. Beds had OLD bedspreads, not even a towel to put on the bathroom floor for a mat. I complained and was told I could checkout immediately for a full refund, but there was no opportunity to upgrade because the entire resort was full. I almost cried to say the least. I feel like bugs are crawling around everywhere, although I haven't seen them and the shower floor is filthy-looking. I am deeply disappointed.

• Stayed August 2011

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011 via mobile

These rooms are old and desperately need to be updated. Floors look like they haven't been cleaned or vacuumed in decades.

The hotel is actually several blocks away from Mt. olympus. Parking is difficult to find and when you do it is way up on the hill and after the park closes it takes about 20 min to walk back to car.

• Stayed July 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were in the area and wanted to stay 1 night w/ plans to go to Mt Olympus in the morning / for the day. This is an old hotel where you drive right up to the entry door of your room. You have to check in down-the-road at Hotel Rome (the on-site hotel at Mt Olympus). This hotel isn't that far and you can walk it if you don't have little kids w/ you but the room stay includes free parking at Mt Olympus. The stay also includes wristbands to the park for 2-days - day of check-in and check-out. We paid total $104 for 1-night / double queen bed room. This included wristbands for our party of 3 plus parking. Buying discounted tix ahead of time and parking would've been $88 for us - so the room ended up costing us $16. Initially - we drove into the front circle parking lot and went to our building - there are 2 side 1-story buildings and 1 building that is 2 stories where the doors are in the interior hallway. Parking was very tight in the front circle drive but there is parking behind the 2-story building that you access from a side street. We had room 127 in building 14. This is the 2-story building but the room entrance is on the side-road and 'lower' level. So far I was not at all impressed and rather nervous w/ the groups of men we saw partying at the upper level and this lower level isn't lit very well. We parked in front of our door and walked in. The furniture is old but clean and accomodating - there is a little color tv w/ cable. The mattresses looked newer - no bed bugs - the carpet was clean and the room was spacious. This must've been a ' kitchenette suite' - full counter w/ bar stools, microwave, coffe maker, full (clean) fridge, stove, dishes, full sink. It was like a little apartment - plenty of closet space. The bathroom vanity is outside of the bathroom but the towels were nice and more 'shelving' space in the bathroom. 2 queen beds (comfortable), a side chair, a couch that probably pulled out to a hide-a-way. I was impressed - it wasn't fancy but it was clean and I felt comfortable staying in this room - we didn't hear any noise from outside or other rooms. If I could get this particular room again (there were 2 lower rooms - I imagine the other room would have the same layout); for the same price - I'd stay in this room again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Poseidon"s Village is about 3/4 of a mile from the Mt. Olympus, not any where near their property. The pool at hotel is filled in with wood chips so no pool there. Room sorta clean but cable not working and neither are phones. This is an old run down hotel. It is no wonder there are no pictures, and the one they show I am not sure where they got it from. Front desk personal are very rude and not willing to assist you at all. Stay someplace else not here!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I booked this hotel for 1 night because 1.) I got a pretty good rate of $80 and 2.) I thought the 2 days of park access would be great. The lack of information and pictures on the hotel website should be considered a RED flag to everyone!!
We arrived at Hotel Rome around 1:30 and waited in line for 20 minutes to check in. This was the only hotel on our entire trip we had to wait longer than 5 minutes. We were told our room was not yet ready but were given our bracelets and told to come back up to the lobby after 4pm....to wait in line again for our keys. I waited another 20 minutes the second time in line. They need to consider adapting a system such as Glacier Canyon~you are given your keys when you get your bracelets and they text or call you with your room number when your room is ready.
Anyways......once we received our wristbands, we headed over to the indoor water park area since it was raining and was the only real option. It was a ZOO. There were so many people cramped inside that place it was ridiculous. We said no thanks and went to the indoor theme park. It's a large, nice building that houses a bunch of nothing. A playground area, a small roller coaster type ride(with a crazy long line), a tiny bumper car area and some go carts that weren't running. We all looked at each other and decided to go back to Glacier Canyon and use their pools for the rest of the day.
When we came back and got our keys, I was given directions to Poseidon's Village. This hotel is NOT within walking distance of Mt Olympus. I knew that thanks to my research on here, but alot of people would not. Pulling up to the property, my jaw hit the ground. There is no "Poseidon's Village" sign. Just a yellow sign that says Building 11. The front of the hotel has plywood covering the windows and doors of what used to be a front office. That makes we wonder what would happen if you need extra blankets or something?? Would they tell you to drive back up to Hotel Rome?? There is no pool, no amenties whatsoever. Just a row of motel rooms in a building that looks like it is still under construction. I never saw more than 5 cars in the parking lot. We were ready to go back to Hotel Rome and demand a refund or upgrade but i said we need to check out the room first.
The room itself was very nice! Everything inside had been completely redone with wood laminate floors, a neat wooden bunkbed and an all new bathroom. Since everything inside seemed brand new, we decided to just go ahead and stay. We didn't have any complaints with the room itself other than the fact that there were still no curtains or blinds on the back windows.....just plastic taped up with blue painters tape.
We left our room the next day at 10:30am(check out time) and went to Mt Olympus for the day(see my seperate review for that) and had a great time.
So the big things to take away from this review:
~Mt Olympus has bought a ton of new properties and closed all of the pools at those hotels. This means if you want to swim, you have to go to Mt Olympus. Take all of the hotel guests and add in the groups of people paying admission and you have a very packed pool area. So packed, I would call it unusable at times.
~They are doing a nice job on the room renovations, but the properties themselves look awful. Most of them would easily be mistaken for an old closed down hotel. They should not be accepting reservations for these properties if the renovations are not complete.

The next time we visit the Dells, we will not be staying at a Mt Olympus property. We will stay elsewhere and pay for 1 day admission to the outdoor water and theme park.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Poseidon's Village? Share your experiences!