“KOA Wisconsin Dells” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wisconsin Dells KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Wisconsin Dells KOA
You added Wisconsin Dells KOA to your Saves list
S235A Stand Rock Rd, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Milford, Connecticut
“KOA Wisconsin Dells”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This campground was exceptionally clean. Staff was very helpful. Pool and splashpad were in great shape and clean. Had movies at night and "bike" rentals. Before staying here, keep in mind that there is a very long train that runs regularly throughout the day and night that is close enough that it feels/sounds like it's running through the middle of the campground. Other than that, I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for location as far from railroad tracks as possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New Brighton, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have stayed at this property multiple times before. I really like how close it is to everything - the location is very convienient. We just got back from a 5 night stay, we had a fairly large group renting two camping cabins and the large loft cabin. On our 2nd night, three of our children were on a night hike (about 1030pm), one threw a rock up in the air and it accidently came down hitting a vehicle. Well - inside of this vehicle was an employee and his girlfriend. This employee lives/sleeps in his vehicle on site everynight. He was raging mad! Chased down the kids - threatened to kill them, telling them all they were dead, and pushed my 12 year old in the back - back to our cabin. He then went on to demand that we write him out a check for $1000 or we would be kicked out of the campground immediately. He called us names - bad parents, intoxicated (I was drinking a wine cooler by the fire) and was acting completely irrational. We tried to calmly talk to him and stated maybe it would be best to check out the car in the morning to see if there was any damage and we could go from there.... Well he wanted that $1000!! He marched off and went to wake up the owner stating we were all being kicked out. It was pretty obvious that this employee was either intoxicated or under the influence of some type of drug - that in itself and the fact that the campground allows its employees to sleep in their vehicles anywhere in the campground is very scarey to me as a mother. The owner told the employee to call the police if there was a problem, he pretended to - but actually did not (I called to check - to see if we needed to stay up to wait for the police). In the morning I spoke with owner - who was nice, but told me she would talk to the employee to see where he wanted to take it... Really??? I was more than willing to take care of any damage - but what about how your employee acted and actually put his hands on my child?? Well - I never heard from the owner again - - we spent the next 3 nights afraid to let the kids go anywhere by themselves and fearing that the employee would somehow take revenge on us. Before this trip I recommended the property numerous times - I will no longer do this and will definitly **not** be going back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I found it quite hilarious when i read about the 10pm quiet time..this park is located right on a railroad track...we cant be 100 yds from it..its not an occasional train that passes..I woke up at 5:15 with the sounds and rattling of a passing train..It is 7:22 and so far 5 trains have passed this park. I didnt count all the ones that passed yesterday evening, but im guessing +- 15..This is a beautiful place and I would rate everything else above normal..but there is no such thing as quiet time here. That being said, I think anyone that stays in KOA's are used to the fact they buy property nears tracks for the most part. Minus the trains, this park rates high marks. If trains dont bother ya, I sure would stop here!

Room Tip: Ask for a place as far away from the tracks as possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Campground is clean, staff is friendly! They take you to your campsite and will even deliver firewood to your site! Bathrooms are private And very clean! Very inexpensive and close to downtown! My first choice for camping in the dells!

• Stayed June 2013
Virginia, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This campground was perfect. The pool and splash pad were perfect for the kids and the water was heated. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Restroom and shower facilities were clean and in very nice condition. The movie pavilion was a nice touch too. My buddy and I each took our kids and camped in one of the RV pull through sites. Close to everything and our kids had a blast. The train tracks are close but didn't bother us at all. This campground is the reason we choose KOA.

Room Tip: The RV pull through sites are a little extra but well worth it. Directly across from the pool, play...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Vernon Hills, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was the best campground I have been so far. We were here for the Memorial Weekend 2013. First, the staff is very friendly and they bring you to your campsite. We had 2 sites next to each other, one with electric and one without (5 adults and 3 kids). It was spacious and close to be bathrooms. The bathrooms was very clean. I like the fact that they are individual and private rooms. There are plenty of hooks and a bench for your personal items. Each site has a fire pit, but they also have propane grill that you can use and outdoor sinks to wash your stuff. It was a cool weekend, so it was nice that the pool is heated so the kids was still able to swim. There is also a splash pad next to it. We checked out the cabins if tent camping is not your thing. Those were pretty spacious and clean too. The only downside is that it gets pretty loud when the freight trains passes by, but I can easily ignore that. I would definitely come back to this campground.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here mid-July 2012 and it was VERY hot! We were at the top of the hill and were right by where the train went by but with 4 boys, the extra noise didn't bother us!

Friends from Illinois came and camped with us for a night and the campground was able to get them a site right across from us. We found them to be most helpful in the office and we got a kick out of the comraderie and jovial natures of the two guys riding around on the golf carts. Everyone was most helpful.

The campground was nice and everyone loved the pool area. Only complaint would be the ankle deep black sand at our site - was terrible to walk through and kept everyones feet super dirty... but we're camping, not a biggie! Not sure if this is normal or just because it was so dry at the time?!

This campground is situated so close to the down town area - it was a perfect location and really easy to get to all the attractions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wisconsin Dells KOA? Share your experiences!