“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1113 Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wonderful place to stay. Absolutely loved the room, very spacious & very clean. My new favorite place to stay in the Dells. Pool is nice. Grounds are so pretty with all the flowers and the gazebo. And the owner and staff were very nice and friendly. We were actually staying at another motel our first two nights but that place was far from pleasant. We were lucky there was a room available here for our last night. Finally had a great nights sleep!! Can't wait to come back! Hopefully there will be a vacancy because everyone will want to stay hear once they hear about how nice it is!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay with us. We love to hear that we are your new favorite place to stay when visiting the Dells :-) I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your self and was able to take in the beauty of the grounds. We look forward to seeing you on your return visit with us in the near future so you can have another great nights sleep.
Sincerely, Tanya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We usually stay in a water park hotel but opted for something different so we could take the kids to Noah's Ark. It worked out really well. We arrived with bikes, and they were kind enough to allow us to leave the bikes in their own garage so we didn't have to worry about them. The Noah's Ark passes are good your entire stay, from the time of arrival through the day of departure. The value of that is the equivalent of an extra night at the hotel. The rooms are very spacious, which makes a huge difference when traveling with kids. There was plenty of room for all of the bags and gear. The balconies are awesome -- no musty towels inside! The location is very good, and it was overall a friendly, low-key and cost-effective experience. We're not fans of the "enhanced" breakfasts offered at the chain hotels (with waffle machines and overcooked eggs), so we were okay running down to Starbucks to bring breakfast back. The grocery store is also very close, so picking up some milk and cereal is an option. Would certainly stay again if we opt for a non-water park hotel and recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed August 2014
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you very much for the comments about your stay with us. I am glad that we could accommodate you with the bikes. We always try hard to accommodate any special request we receive. I am happy that you opted to try something different. You will find that Ambers Hideaway is not that cookie cutter type of place. My staff and I work very hard at making your stay with us a memorable one. We look forward to seeing you for a return visit in the future.
Illinois City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We usually stay at a hotel chain, but decided to try something different. If you're up for something different, then this is a great place. They really were accommodating as we had to bring a boat and unhook to go into the strip. They take pride in their venue which definitely shows from the plants to neatness of the property. They go out of their way with grills, campfire, flowers, and seating to make it a welcoming place. The rooms are clean and VERY spacious. The property is immaculate. It is not the most modern decor, but who's in the room long enough to worry about it. We wish that the continental breakfast was a little more and a little longer in duration. The first night we had a large party next to us that played cards late into the night outside on the table outside of our room. The next morning the small children were outside with their moms to keep them from waking the people in the rooms. However, they were noisy. The next night and morning they were better. So you must appreciate the uniqueness of the motel and overlook somethings, but my 13 year old daughter surprising asked if we could go back to this motel because it was so neat. We agreed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for your honest review about your stay with us recently last week. I am glad to hear that you tried something different and we took you by surprise. We work very hard as a team to make sure everything is immaculate and just the way it should be every day. Our rooms were all remodeled with new furniture in Jan 2011 and the decor I chose was more neutral and not so floral to keep it appealing for every guest. If there are every any noise complaints after 10 pm all a guest has to do is dial 0 from the room phone and I immediately will take care of the situation. I am happy to hear that your daughter enjoyed her stay and is wanting to come back. We look forward to your return visit with us.
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had an amazing weekend here with our 3 boys. It was nice to get away from the chains and have something more low key to truly enjoy some family time. The boys swam in the pool, made friends at the basketball court, played ping pong and baseball with new friends they met, roasted marshmallows around the fire, played on the playground, etc. Then add that we got free passes to Noah's Ark and Chula Vista, a nice bonus! Not many places can you stay where even the owner comes out and spends time socializing with the guests.

It was very clean, the rooms were spacious and very quiet, the grounds are very well kept, the flowers were beautiful, the staff was super friendly and very accommodating. We will definitely stay here again! There were some definite memories made with our family this weekend.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
It was such a pleasure meeting the 2 of you and your 3 boys this past weekend. I am happy to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay and that everything was to your liking. It means a lot to me that I could offer your family a place to make memories. Come and visit us anytime and come see us in winter because we do offer the free Chula Vista water park passes with your stay. Looking forward to your next visit with us.
Van Horn Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Not having been to the Dells in 30 years and not really wanting to be where all the noise is, we choose a hotel at the end of the main drag in the Dells. Close enough to walk to downtown but without all the noise. We pulled up to a lovely landscaped hotel with flowers all over and plenty of outside seating for the evenings, including a lit gazebo. Their pool is great. clean and lots of chairs around to sun in or just to relax. They also have a campfire area to sit around in the evening when the air is a little cooler. The rooms are clean and we had a double queen which we shared with our grandson, it was perfect. All the rooms are non smoking, but the owners realized that there are still smokers out there and provided nice benches with ashtrays right outside the rooms. There is also a patio door in each room to get a great breeze in the evening. You won't be disappointed in the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor (124) and it was perfect for sitting outside at night and enjoying th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank You Archie for taking time to write us a review about your stay with us recently. I am happy to hear that everything was to your liking. I/we have put a lot of thought into our property offering everything we would like if we were to go somewhere. We work very hard to accommodate every type of a persons needs. We look forward to your return visit with us when you are in the Dells again.
Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My 3-year-old daughter and I were visiting family in Wisconsin. While there, we decided to check out Wisconsin Dells. Amber's Hideaway was quite the find! Clean and spacious rooms, great extras (Noah's Ark & Chula Vista waterpark passes included), beautiful, well-maintained grounds, lots of outdoor activities (basketball, volleyball, ping-pong, ladderball, bags, kids playscape), fantastic pool and outdoor seating areas, nightly campfires, outdoor grills, and the list goes on!

It is just outside the hustle and bustle of the main strip but is still within walking distance. It is easy to find something to do without having to deal with the added noise and commotion of being right in the middle of it all.

The owner and staff are very friendly and helpful. We were greeted with a smile. They offered us many suggestions of places to eat in the area as well as fun attractions, many of which they were able to help get us a discount pass for. If you are traveling on a budget, they will direct you to the local grocery store which is also within walking distance. Because there are grills on site as well as a microwave & fridge in the room, there is no need to break the bank on eating out every meal. Continental breakfast is available in the morning with muffins and fruit.

Amber's Hideaway has been one of the most cost-effective and family-friendly places we have ever stayed. Thank you Tanya and crew for a fantastic stay. We will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you very much for your honest comments about your stay with us while visiting the Dells. With so much for kids to do on property I hope your daughter had fun. I am happy to hear that my front desk staff was very helpful in suggesting places to eat and places to go. With all the coupons in the booklets you were given I hope you were able to do a lot of extras with the savings. We look forward to your future return visit with us.
Arpin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was my second stay at Ambers and part of my group this was their first time. All of the people in my group were shocked at the size of the rooms and the cleanliness of the property. As this was my second time to Ambers I knew what to expect and it was just as nice as our first trip. In fact we already booked our rooms for next year. We love that it is walking distance to the shops on Broadway. The fire ring makes it seem so much like home. The grounds are beautifully decorated and clean. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. I had booked all the rooms for my group and the staff was very helpful in making sure that I had the nights I needed for each room. The prices of the rooms are very much in line with the region. The refrigerator and microwave in each room is wonderful and the pool area was very clean. Thank you for another great time in the Dells!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you Toni for your review about staying with us in May. I am glad to hear that you had another enjoyable stay with us this past year. We have been blessed with very large rooms. I actually thought these were standard size, boy was I wrong. Including all the furniture in the room I still have room for 2 roll aways at the end of each bed along with plenty of walk room. When you were here in spring my flowers were not even in bloom yet you should see them now. I look forward to your return visit with us next year. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Sincerely, Tanya

Been to Ambers Hideaway? Share your experiences!