“Great Place to Stay in the Dells” 5 of 5 stars

Ambers Hideaway
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1113 Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Van Horn Tx
“Great Place to Stay in the Dells”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Not having been to the Dells in 30 years and not really wanting to be where all the noise is, we choose a hotel at the end of the main drag in the Dells. Close enough to walk to downtown but without all the noise. We pulled up to a lovely landscaped hotel with flowers all over and plenty of outside seating for the evenings, including a lit gazebo. Their pool is great. clean and lots of chairs around to sun in or just to relax. They also have a campfire area to sit around in the evening when the air is a little cooler. The rooms are clean and we had a double queen which we shared with our grandson, it was perfect. All the rooms are non smoking, but the owners realized that there are still smokers out there and provided nice benches with ashtrays right outside the rooms. There is also a patio door in each room to get a great breeze in the evening. You won't be disappointed in the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor (124) and it was perfect for sitting outside at night and enjoying th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank You Archie for taking time to write us a review about your stay with us recently. I am happy to hear that everything was to your liking. I/we have put a lot of thought into our property offering everything we would like if we were to go somewhere. We work very hard to accommodate every type of a persons needs. We look forward to your return visit with us when you are in the Dells again.
Sincerely, Tanya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My 3-year-old daughter and I were visiting family in Wisconsin. While there, we decided to check out Wisconsin Dells. Amber's Hideaway was quite the find! Clean and spacious rooms, great extras (Noah's Ark & Chula Vista waterpark passes included), beautiful, well-maintained grounds, lots of outdoor activities (basketball, volleyball, ping-pong, ladderball, bags, kids playscape), fantastic pool and outdoor seating areas, nightly campfires, outdoor grills, and the list goes on!

It is just outside the hustle and bustle of the main strip but is still within walking distance. It is easy to find something to do without having to deal with the added noise and commotion of being right in the middle of it all.

The owner and staff are very friendly and helpful. We were greeted with a smile. They offered us many suggestions of places to eat in the area as well as fun attractions, many of which they were able to help get us a discount pass for. If you are traveling on a budget, they will direct you to the local grocery store which is also within walking distance. Because there are grills on site as well as a microwave & fridge in the room, there is no need to break the bank on eating out every meal. Continental breakfast is available in the morning with muffins and fruit.

Amber's Hideaway has been one of the most cost-effective and family-friendly places we have ever stayed. Thank you Tanya and crew for a fantastic stay. We will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you very much for your honest comments about your stay with us while visiting the Dells. With so much for kids to do on property I hope your daughter had fun. I am happy to hear that my front desk staff was very helpful in suggesting places to eat and places to go. With all the coupons in the booklets you were given I hope you were able to do a lot of extras with the savings. We look forward to your future return visit with us.
Arpin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was my second stay at Ambers and part of my group this was their first time. All of the people in my group were shocked at the size of the rooms and the cleanliness of the property. As this was my second time to Ambers I knew what to expect and it was just as nice as our first trip. In fact we already booked our rooms for next year. We love that it is walking distance to the shops on Broadway. The fire ring makes it seem so much like home. The grounds are beautifully decorated and clean. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. I had booked all the rooms for my group and the staff was very helpful in making sure that I had the nights I needed for each room. The prices of the rooms are very much in line with the region. The refrigerator and microwave in each room is wonderful and the pool area was very clean. Thank you for another great time in the Dells!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you Toni for your review about staying with us in May. I am glad to hear that you had another enjoyable stay with us this past year. We have been blessed with very large rooms. I actually thought these were standard size, boy was I wrong. Including all the furniture in the room I still have room for 2 roll aways at the end of each bed along with plenty of walk room. When you were here in spring my flowers were not even in bloom yet you should see them now. I look forward to your return visit with us next year. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The rooms and grounds of this place are very clean and well maintained. It is a bit out of the hubbub of the Dells, but an easy 10 min walk to the 23 fudge shops and 37 t-shirt stores on the tourist strip. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Seems to be one if the nicer motels in the area.

Stayed July 2014
Tanya K, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a honest review about your stay with us recently. We always appreciate every guests comments. I enjoy hearing that you appreciated the clean rooms and well manicured grounds. I/we are always willing at the front desk to offer any assistance when needed about local restaurants or attractions. May you have a wonderful rest of the summer and we look forward to your return visit with us.
galway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This family run hideaway is well located just a few minutes from the main action and very well run. The room we had was very big with well equipped bathroom. There is coffee & fridge facilities in the room I thought the carpet was dull but that is personal preference. Parking right outside the door. Lovely clean pool. The whole place is extremely well maintained and it is obvious that the owners take great pride. Coffee is available in the reception area in the morning with small nibbles ...adequate to start the day.. There is a laundry on site again spotless..Good rates. Very nice & helpful all round.Great location for touring the area. The free entry to the parks is a nice touch.

Room Tip: it is located just off the road but very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you fro taking the time out of your busy summer to leave us a honest review about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that everything was wonderful for you. I am glad you enjoyed our pool and our grounds. We do work hard as a team here to keep the property in such nice appearance. We are conveniently located on the strip but just down a bit to keep the peace and quite here. I hope that next time you are in the area traveling you can stay with us here again at the Hideaway. Have yourself a wonderful rest of the summer.
willowbrook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have been staying at Ambers Hideaway since they opened. and always enjoy our stay! The grounds are lovely; with all the flowers and the Gazebo. The rooms are nicely decorated & spacious & clean. It is within walking distance to downtown. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the pool and enjoyed the evening around the fire pit. Thank you for another "Great Stay".

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you Louise for your honest review about your stay with us recently. We are always happy to hear from happy new guest and happy return guest. I am glad that my staff has been so helpful in any way. I look forward to your return visit with us this fall. Sincerely, Tanya
Slinger, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Wonderful experience. Beautiful place. Relaxing atmosphere. Beautiful rooms. We are looking forward to our next visit. The flowers were so pretty. Pool was clean. Whirlpool was inviting. Friendly personal, always helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you Marilyn for your review about you stay with us this past weekend. I am glad to hear that everything us wonderful for your stay. I hope you were able to get plenty of R&R. I am glad you were able to enjoy sitting outside around the table and chairs we have places in the bump out areas. Especially while it was raining outside. We look forward to seeing you in the near future again.
Sincerely, Tanya

Been to Ambers Hideaway? Share your experiences!