“Very well appointed property” 4 of 5 stars

Ambers Hideaway
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1113 Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
galway
“Very well appointed property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This family run hideaway is well located just a few minutes from the main action and very well run. The room we had was very big with well equipped bathroom. There is coffee & fridge facilities in the room I thought the carpet was dull but that is personal preference. Parking right outside the door. Lovely clean pool. The whole place is extremely well maintained and it is obvious that the owners take great pride. Coffee is available in the reception area in the morning with small nibbles ...adequate to start the day.. There is a laundry on site again spotless..Good rates. Very nice & helpful all round.Great location for touring the area. The free entry to the parks is a nice touch.

Room Tip: it is located just off the road but very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you fro taking the time out of your busy summer to leave us a honest review about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that everything was wonderful for you. I am glad you enjoyed our pool and our grounds. We do work hard as a team here to keep the property in such nice appearance. We are conveniently located on the strip but just down a bit to keep the peace and quite here. I hope that next time you are in the area traveling you can stay with us here again at the Hideaway. Have yourself a wonderful rest of the summer.
Sincerely, Tanya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
willowbrook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have been staying at Ambers Hideaway since they opened. and always enjoy our stay! The grounds are lovely; with all the flowers and the Gazebo. The rooms are nicely decorated & spacious & clean. It is within walking distance to downtown. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the pool and enjoyed the evening around the fire pit. Thank you for another "Great Stay".

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you Louise for your honest review about your stay with us recently. We are always happy to hear from happy new guest and happy return guest. I am glad that my staff has been so helpful in any way. I look forward to your return visit with us this fall. Sincerely, Tanya
Slinger, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Wonderful experience. Beautiful place. Relaxing atmosphere. Beautiful rooms. We are looking forward to our next visit. The flowers were so pretty. Pool was clean. Whirlpool was inviting. Friendly personal, always helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you Marilyn for your review about you stay with us this past weekend. I am glad to hear that everything us wonderful for your stay. I hope you were able to get plenty of R&R. I am glad you were able to enjoy sitting outside around the table and chairs we have places in the bump out areas. Especially while it was raining outside. We look forward to seeing you in the near future again.
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I'll keep it short. My family of 5 from Thunder Bay, ON, Canada stayed here from Sun. July 6-Tues. July 8. The place is well cared for, the rooms are huge, the staff are extremely courteous and outgoing, and the list goes on and on. My only issue is that the beds have zero support and the pillows are extremely thick although this could also be put under "personal preference". The list of positives far outweigh any negatives and Ambers Hideaway is more than deserving of the five star rating I give it. ......oh, and yes, my wifi worked just fine. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Kelly for your review about your stay with us recently. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. The hardest thing of all was picking out the right and most perfect mattress for everyone's preference. We did go with memory foam and have had a lot of complements on them however I do understand every person has their own personal sleep preference. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again in the future because we always love our neighbors from Canada :-)
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The service was wonderful, the rooms were clean, pool was great. Also had games set up next to pool and a nice gazebo to relax in.We will come back to Ambers Hideaway. The couple that owns the place are very nice and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you Scott for your comments about your recent stay with us. I hope that you could find the time to partake in all the extra activities we do offer here. Maybe you just enjoyed sitting in the gazebo or on the weekend by the camp fire pit if it wasn't raining. I always like to treat every guest the way I would like to be treated if I ever went some place. A smile can be contagious and makes everyone's day. We look forward to your return visit in the future and have your self a wonderful rest of the summer.
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed at Ambers Hideaway for a softball tournament. There are lots of restaurants and entertainment in walking distance. This place has great outdoor space for groups to congregate. It was relaxing to end our day here and a great way for our girls to spend time together. The owner was very gracious, you can tell she takes pride in her business. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay with us while you were traveling for your team outing. I am glad that you enjoyed our property and that the girls had time to spend with each other. I do take pride in my business and I work very hard to make everything just perfect for my guest so everyone has a wonderful experience and wants to return in the future. I would like to be that place that people want to go to yearly just to unwind and relax with good company. Good luck with the team and have a wonderful rest of your summer.
Ishpeming, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We liked being away from the downtown area. The location was quiet as were the rooms. The rooms were clean and comfotable. The pool area was clean. Getting Noah Ark pass with our stay was nice. The only downside was the WIFI didn't work.
We would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you Valerie for your recent review about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that everything with the location, quietness and cleanliness of the rooms was pleasing to you. I did have our wifi looked at and there were some updates/downloads that needed to be done (just like everything else) and we are now running at full capacity. Sorry if this was a downfall however if anything is brought to my attention I do address it right away and fix the problem. Have your self a wonderful rest of the summer and we look forward to your return visit with us.
Sincerely, Tanya

Been to Ambers Hideaway? Share your experiences!