“Great place to stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Grand Rapids Michigan
“Great place to stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I took our two 14 year old granddaughters on a trip to Wisconsin Dells the first part of August. Because of the positive reviews we read of Ambers Hideaway we decided to book a room for a couple of nights. We were very happy with our choice and not disappointed at all! Our double queen room was VERY spacious, clean and very quiet! Our granddaughters loved the pool and whirlpool. The 4 free passes to Chula Vista Waterpark was an added bonus with our stay and was our two granddaughters favorite part of our trip! They also loved the continental breakfast, especially the mini donuts! The beds were very comfortable, but were a bit noisy when changing positions, but overall not a problem. The staff was very helpful and friendly too! Looking forward to staying at the Ambers again in a couple of years when we take our two grandsons! I highly recommend staying here!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AmbersHideaway, Front Office Manager at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Hi Carol! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It was a pleasure having you, your husband and two granddaughters stay with us! We are happy to hear you found your room spacious, clean and quiet! We are also glad to hear you were able to take advantage of both Chula Vista and our pool here on property. We certainly look forward to seeing you in a few years with your grandsons! What lucky kids to have such awesome grandparents to take them on a little vacation:)

Heather

345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Belgrade, Montana, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We chose this hotel based on trip advisor reviews since we'd never been to Wisconsin Dells before. Very reasonable rates. Ours was a 2 day stay on an 11 day trip. I'm writing this review after we're back home. This was the most spacious room on our whole trip. We enjoyed the 10:00pm quiet hours, took advantage of the Saturday night bonfire, wish we'd had more time to try out the pool. The gazebo was inviting. The owners take pride in their property. The added bonus of Chula Vista Water Park tickets sealed the deal. The staff was always accomodating & helpful. We knew going in that this had a continental breakfast & that it was mostly breads, donuts, bagels & fruit, so it wasn't a surprise that is exactly what it was. We would go back here in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your review about your stay with us while on your 11 day vacation. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and that you were able to enjoy the camp fire we provide on the weekends. I also enjoy the 10pm quiet time after a long day. We always tell people if they want to be out late take advantage of our gazebo and fire pit because they are further away from the motel, which means quiet by motel. Glad you took advantage of our mini continental in the morning and it was able to get you started. We look forward to having you stay in the future. Have a fun and safe rest of your summer.
Rockford IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I always consult Trip Advisor prior to travelling and I found a GEM. Booking online was a breeze. Husband and wife operations can be a delight or a disaster, this one was a spot on delight! Very informative check-in by Ed's wife. The moment we opened the door I could tell these rooms were well-maintained. Very fresh-smelling without the "chemical cover-up". The room was VERY spacious.

I admire the pride they had and the way the entire place literally sparkled. So many fresh flowers adorned the area. I'm thankful the blinds closed perfectly as the lighting at night was amazingly bright. The firepit area was very enjoyable. We went out there the first night we were there and sat with about 15 people or so. The people there were just as delighted as we were and those with children should be commended on how well-behaved their kids were!!!

I have been an Illinois State Licensed Plumber since the 1980's and maintained 16 swimming pools in our school district. I generally do NOT swim in pools at hotels due to improper (and sometimes downright unsanitary) maintenance. I had NO ISSUE climbing into the pool there. I saw how Ed took care of the pool chemistry and he should be training the chain hotel maintenance staff. Every chaise lounge was wiped clean every morning, they sparkled. He even took the time to take me in the basement and show me how he re-plumbed the entire complex. The laundry for the sheets and towels is state of the art. Plenty of hot water and pressure in the tub/shower! Bed, covers, and pillows were a dream.

The other staff that worked there were very friendly and courteous, telling me that the owners treat them fairly. This can really make or break a stay in my opinion They show a GREAT deal of pride in both their business as well as the community there as a whole.

I would only suggest that if you are planning to relax poolside or by the firepit that you bring a larger plastic glass or mug for any drinks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review. Eddie and I try our hardest to make sure EVERYTHING goes as smooth as possible from the start. Check in is a very important step and we bombard you with a lot of information but we do this so you can have the best possible experience here in the Dells and at Ambers Hideaway. We air out our rooms after every guest and use safe cleaners while cleaning. We maintain the property and keep a very safe environment for all our guest and kids. We are a small husband & wife owned business and truly believe in giving back to the community. The city has been very appreciative to use because we took a very eye sore property that sat vacant for 6 years and turned it around into what we have today. Since you are an easy drive away we look forward to your return visit with us in the near future.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We chose this hotel based on other trip advisor reviews (first time to Dells) and they are spot on. The rooms are spacious and totally renovated, so like new. The mattresses are so soft and comfy! Everything about this property was immaculate, and the owners take a lot of pride in it. With our 3 kids, the walk downtown was a bit far, but it was still an easy car ride anywhere we wanted to go. Loved this place and would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thanks Jackie for you comment on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and I bet you had a awesome nights rest because the beds were so comfy. My husband and I do take great pride in our property and we are so happy when we hear that our guest really do appreciate all that we do. We look forward to your return visit with us in the future. Have a wonderful and safe rest of the year.
Saint Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Based on Trip Advisor ratings and reasonable rates, we chose Ambers Hideaway for a three-day stay, as a base to meet up with our family who stayed at a nearby campground. We were pleased to find the motel at the far end of "the strip" that comprises downtown Wisconsin Dells, away from the crowds and noise. It was an EASY walk even for us 60+ year olds to get to shops and restaurants at the other end of Broadway.

What struck us first was the pleasant, inviting grounds with a gazebo out front and a sparkling pool adjacent to it. Our room was centered at ground level in the back of the complex. Upon entering, we found to room to be dark and dank with a musty odor. However, after we opened windows, the smell dissipated and the rest of our stay was enjoyable.

Echoing other reviews, the room was spacious, sparsely decorated, but functional. The in-room fridge came in handy to to store our lunch, drinks and some dinner items. We spent one afternoon with our grandkids at the pool, which was immaculately clean and the perfect size and depth for the little ones. It was fun to relax at night around the fire pit where we got to visit with other guests and the owners.

This is a family-oriented motel. If you're looking for a loud, party atmosphere, this isn't the place for you. We'll be back same time next year for a repeat visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your review about your stay with us last weekend. I am glad that you enjoyed our grounds, pool and the camp fire pit. When we have check outs we always open the patio door and bathroom window to get a cross breeze to air the room out. We then close the blinds to keep the hot sun out and keep from damaging the fabrics with the uv rays. The ac units are left on but at a little higher setting because not everyone likes it cold. We are sorry if there was a musty odor, if brought to our attention we would of been happy to do something about it. We like to keep our rooms simply decorated, more neutral and we offer the conveniences of a fridge, micro, hair dryer, iron/board, coffee maker and alarm clock in every room.
We do work very hard in making sure every person and every family has the best stay possible. We look very forward to your return visit with us around the same time next summer. Enjoy and have a safe season.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 4nights,and to begin with that is just way to long for this place. We enjoyed the room I do not have really anything negative to say other than the staff is very unfriendly! I would never return because of that! We also had fruit flies in our room which was kind of gross. It's also very noisy in the morning at around 7-8am. The only really great thing I have to say is the bed is comfortable. I do not know why this place is rated so high on here, it's not that great.

• Stayed August 2013
AmbersHideaway, Front Office Manager at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review. Are you sure you stayed at Ambers Hideaway and not someplace else? We have a very small staff since we are such a small property and have never once had an issue with unfriendly staff. If, in fact, you did stay here and you felt that someone was unfriendly, we certainly do apologize. Every staff member tries to greet every person we see or pass outside on a daily basis. We are very fortunate to have such a well maintained and very clean property and very rarely does someone leave here unhappy. As far as fruit flies in your room, they would only be there if there were food to attract them to. Were they there when you checked in? I would hope if they were, you would have made us aware of them right away so we could move you to a different room. Perhaps they were attracted to something in the garbage can? Banana or orange peel from breakfast? If we were given your permission and able to provide you with stay over service during a four night stay, we make the beds, exchange towels and remove your garbage for you. This will help with unwanted pests in the room. We also provide weekly pest control as a precautionary measure to keep any unwanted pests away. Again, we have never been told of any issues with fruit flies in any rooms, so we were unaware of any problems if there were any. Had we found any upon inspecting the room prior to arrival, we certainly would never have checked anyone into that room! I am also quite confused with you having noise issues between 7 and 8 in the morning. I open the office almost every day, just before 7 and can honestly say that between those hours is when it is the most quiet and peaceful here. (Certainly my favorite time of the day!) Most people don't start moving around for the day until about 8am. Our staff hasn't even started for the day then, so maybe there were some disrespectful neighbors? Again, this is a very small property and overall, it is not noisy at all. This review has quite surprised me, as these are all things that just doesn't sound like our property. I wish had there been any issues, they would have been addressed at the time of your stay. Upon check out, we ask every person how there stay was. This is our opportunity to address any issues with a room, etc. Nothing was brought to our attention during your stay or at check out. Hopefully throughout your stay you were able to at least check out Chula Vista water park with your free passes, or enjoy the sundeck or gazebo, maybe use the charcoal grills or sit by the campfire. Maybe even take a dip in the heated outdoor pool or indoor hot tub. Or even just sit and enjoy the view of our well maintained property filled with beautiful flowers from outside of your room. We are sorry you were unhappy with your stay and wish you the best.

Regards,
Heather
LaRue, TX, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

For the 2nd year in a row we were very pleased with our stay at Amber's Hideaway! The rooms were nice and clean, the staff are very friendly and all of the beautiful flowers and well maintained grounds lets us know again that the owners take extra special care of their place and their guests! Thank y'all again!

• Stayed August 2013
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thanks Keith for your review about your stay with us. We are so happy that you came back again this year and that you appreciated the cleanliness of your rooms and the beauty of the grounds. I don't know if you noticed but this year we have about 50+ more hanging baskets around the motel and the property. We greatly enjoy hearing your words of appreciation. We look forward to seeing you the next season for your get away. Sincerely, Tanya

Been to Ambers Hideaway? Share your experiences!