“Extremely unprofessional” 1 of 5 stars

You added Colonial Motel to your Saves list
606 Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
“Extremely unprofessional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Called them last night to possibly rent a room. My fiance after giving him our info decided we weren't going to stay there because they didn't have the room we were looking for. He told them not to run our card because we were not going to stay there. This morning.. they ran our account and took our money. My fiance calls and they are rude and said he wanted the room. They would refund all but 5.00.. and won't say when. So I call and the gentlemen was screaming and swearing at me. Wow.. real professional! Still no answer on the refund.. I will never stay here!!!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank beckyschnorr
Colonial_Motel, Owner at Colonial Motel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
This customer did not understand the Colonial Motel reservation policy that we hold and so do the other motel/hotel business owners surrounding the Wisconsin Dells area.

This customer made a reservation and per our policy we charge the credit card one night to hold the room and also if the reservation is cancelled less than 72 hours before check-in, we charge a $5.00 cancellation paperwork fee. All of this information was explained to the customer and is listed on our website. We do not understand this customer complaint as the policy was explained to them.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The owner is horrible, very mean….we were outside he told us to go to sleep like we were children. Told us that we were too loud but my 4 moth old daughter was sleeping in the stroller (we were talking). That night he called my husband names, which I think was unprofessional but he was mean to us when we checked in, no halo or anything pay and get out. When the next day I went to pay for the second day and told him that it was not nice of him he told us to get out of the motel. He kicked us out in the pick season with 4 month old and our friends with a 5 year old. Called my friend a B…. and when we wanted to call Police he told them that we called him a B….. word. If u want to go on vacation don’t go there because if you breathe too loud he will probably tell u to leave no hesitation. Plus the policy is no money back if you are loud and he asks you to leave, very smart.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank roseee466
Customers arrived and were to stay at the Colonial Motel for 2 nights August 10th and August 11th. Upon arriving the guests were sitting and socializing in our picnic area table with no issues and they stayed in this area for the day and into the night.

They were not being loud at first, however, their drinking may have become excessive through the day and into the night and began shouting and screaming after midnight. I (Colonial Motel manager) first approached the party at 1:20am and asked them politely to please calm down as the other guests were complaining. They explained they would be quiet and continued to socialize and drink. I (Colonial Motel manager) began receiving more calls from other guests staying at the motel at about 2:30am explaining that if this party did not be quiet, the guests would call the police department. Again, I (Colonial Motel manager) approached the party at a little after 2:30am and explained to them that they were being loud and bothering the other guests staying at the motel. I told them that they could take their party back to their room and they had no problem with this.

The next morning, they came to the office and explained that they did not want to stay at the Colonial Motel and wanted to leave. They started to argue with the Colonial Motel manager using vulgar words and at that point we had to call the Police Department to have them removed from the property.

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I first have to start by saying, and I will always say this, I have been coming here since I was a child and it has been fantastic every single time, without fail. The rooms are VERY clean and smell fresh and the air conditioners always work and do not make any noise. The owners have always been respectful to my family and any other guests I have seen come here.

The only time I saw the owner was at the front desk when we checked in. He did not have to come out and tell us to be quiet or to go to bed, even when we were back around 2 a.m. and had the and microwave on. If he did, it would probably be because we were being too loud after hours, and it would be just out of respect and comfort of the other guests. Yes, you are on vacation but respect and quiet time is still very much valued and expected.

The pool is always kept clean and crystal clear with plenty of seats and tables for relaxing and spending time after a long day on the strip. Guests pay hard-earned money for the rooms and to be able to swim in the pool, it would not be fair for guests from other motels to swim in the pool so I appreciate that the manager was keeping an eye on this.

Another wonderful stay at the Colonial Inn! We will definitely be back for years to come. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a peaceful place to relax after exploring the Dells. Rooms and bathrooms are cleaned very well on a daily basis, the owners are absolutely fantastic, the rates are very affordable and it's the best location for downtown shopping and exploring!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Midwest_trvlr10
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

It was the worst experience in my life, owners were very rude, wanted you to be in bed @ 10 because they were all in your face saying that you should be putting your kids to sleep its late,come on we are on vacation we dont need a bby sitter, charged my credit card suposely for a bath matt that i never saw. very disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay better at the Fritzgerald Motel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank La Bori D
We spoke to the customer about her children yelling and running around the balcony's of the Colonial Motel at 2:30am and asked her to please tell her children to stop. The children were also knocking on the doors of other guests and waking them up. The customer explained that she was not the babysitter of the children and let them continue running around.

The customer was charged was charged for 1 bath mat, however, there were towels missing also as reported by the Colonial Motel maid service employees.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The manager assaulted one of the people in our room and slammed his hand in the door. Then he called the cops to have us kicked out after we asked for his posted surveillance tape showing the assault. Avoid this place at all costs. Oh yeah the person he assaulted was a member of the United States Military and even said his was NOT at all sorry for doing it!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Walnuts193
Customer made a reservation for 6 people however, upon arrival, they came with 9 people. From the moment of arrival the customer began to start a party and began excessively drinking. The first complaint from other guest staying at the motel was 6:00pm. I (Colonial Motel manager), approached the room and ask the customer to please quiet down as other guest have been complaining about the loud noise. The guest continued to drink and be disruptive and at 2:00am I (Colonial Motel manager) received multiple complaints from more guests. At this point, we called the Police Department and the Police Officer explained to the customer that the registered 6 people for the room was to stay for the night and the remaining 3 people were to leave the Colonial Motel property.

At this point the Police Officer was assured by the customer that they would be quiet and settle down. After the Police Officer left, the customer began again partying and being disruptive on the room and on the balcony.

At 2:45am the Police were called again as the more guests were complaining about the noise and vulgar language coming from the room. Colonial motel management did not slam the customers hand in a door or assault them. Two customers were handcuffed for obstructing the officer and his party evicted by the Police Department. His hand hurt probably because he was handcuffed. Customer was also very vulgar with the Police Officers and cited for Disorderly Conduct.

If there are any questions, the Police Officer explained that you are welcome to contact the Wisconsin Dells Police Department (608) 253-1161 (Case/Report #: 121775WD) for further information.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed over the fourth of July this year, theroom was so small i had to upgrade after seeing it, he then charged me for the room after only stepping in the look at it and also changed me for my up graded room, so i paid for two rooms on one night, my daughter was staying at fitzgeralds across street and came to swim w her sister and i, he proceeded to come out of offices screaming and kicked her of property, not a family friendly or budget friendly hotel AT ALL. I had to pay for fridge,i stay twice a month in the dells and wanted to try it as i walk by often, will never stay there again,i usually stay at the black hawk, and after this will continue to do so. Desiree Millard

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank desireelinn
Customer reserved room with 1 queen bed for 2 people. After paying for the room, the customer returned back to the office and asked if she could get a room with 2 double beds and also a refrigerator. Colonial Motel then charged the customer for the difference between the two rooms + the addition of the refrigerator for a room with 2 people.

About 3 hours later, another man arrived and entered the room where the customer was staying. He was not a registered guest at the Colonial Motel but used the pool and also stayed the night as well. He did not pay to stay in this room.

Customer also invited additional family members from another motel to come and swim at the Colonial Motel. The Colonial Motel management did tell these unregistered guests to leave and to please go back to their own motel. The reasoning is that these guest are not staying at the Colonial Motel and this would also be an insurance liability. This is also stated and understood by the customer upon signing the Colonial Motel Guest Registration Form when checking in.

We asked her to please come to the office and explained the situation, however, the customer was upset and began being rude due to the fact that her family could't swim in the Colonial Motel pool. Again, this is clearly stated on our Guest Registration form that the customer signs.

Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The Colonial Motel is right on the strip, great for walking right down to the shopping and food. It also has a cute pool with a water slide. I thought the owner was very nice, even made sure to offer us 2 for one at Mt. Olympus coupons. The room was only $50 a night, so obviously it was pretty bare bones. Microwave, tv, bathroom, and beds. It was very very clean though! The only thing I would recommend is to bring a hair dryer! When we were staying it was about 90 degrees the whole time and was worried a little air conditioner wouldn't be enough to keep the room cool, but it did the job great! I would recommend this place to anyone looking to save some money on a trip to the Dells!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends