“Somewhat on the smaller side...” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
Dousman, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“Somewhat on the smaller side...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We received passes from our motel, but we had stayed within the Chula Vista a couple years back in Winter, so I somewhat remembered the indoor waterpark area, but upon entering this time it seemed smaller & older. The pool area is kind of ridiculous cause they have a "lily pad" area & water basketball within the only pool area that I saw. That pool was crowed & not appropriate for my kids who aren't strong swimmers. The kiddie area was shut down when we first arrived because a child had apparently pooped in the water, so they were cleaning & doing water testing. Finally, it opened back up, but there are only 2 slides, some water gun shooters, a water bucket drop, flower water sprayer, etc., so my 2 year old was over it pretty quickly. Plus, the water & the air was rather cold & my 2 year old was shivering, so he wound up opting to sit in his stroller wrapped in a towel after no more than an hour or less of play. In the meantime, my 5 & 9 year old didn't really know what else to do??? They played on the rope & water area made for climbing & sliding, but it was too crazy for my 2 year old to handle, so he was left out & just wanted to get warm & sit in the hot tub on the stairs, but the lifeguard quickly said that was a no-no & he was super bummed. As for the water rides, we were unable to do that too cause my 2 year old couldn't go on the rides. I wish they had a wave pool or bigger indoor pool area. Also, it should have been warmer. I'd rather have had passes to the Kalahari or Wilderness to be honest, but it was what it was I guess.

Rockford
“Fun, fun, fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Despite being there off season we had a blast! There are plenty of things for kids of all age groups as well as us adults.

Chicago
11 attraction reviews
“The kids had fun but Mom did not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We got free passes from our hotel. They should probably reconsider this deal because it was super crowded. It was difficult to find a chair to put our towels down. You could not get a tube for the lazy river. The wait for the tubes for the slides was very long. The leap pad activity in the activity pool was poorly supervised by the life guards. Children were allowed to spin the pads while people were trying to cross and people were swimming in between the pads while people were trying to cross and the landing pad on either side was slimy. The only word to describe the women's locker room is GROSS! There could not have been someone checking the locker room periodically because it got progressively messy. But my kids enjoyed the slides and lazy river in spite of the long waits. They refused to shower there and we chose to leave wet and cold to shower at our own hotel. I will not take them here again unless we are staying at this property and it is not a busy time of year.

New Lenox
7 attraction reviews
“Too small, but good rides.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

A little crowded and not enough individual rides, but what they had was very enjoyable. Still a good deal for the money.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
25 attraction reviews
“Crowded!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Since we got free passes with our hotel I feel bad writing a review, but I was not impressed with this place at all. we did not stay at the resort, so we had to bring our own towels, it was BUSY for such a small park, and there was nowhere for us to change. We ended up in a family restroom. The floors of the bathroom and locker room are loaded with water that does not drain. YUCK. Someone left their panties in our bathroom...double yuck.
The kiddie area was OK, but there were used icky bandaids in the sitting area. I would think this would be a health hazard. The Lazy river just isnt the same when you are unable to get a tube to float on, and the wait on the rides is long. There is a tiny hot tub for 6 and up, but we were never able to sit in it because there is just simply no room in this park for the crowds. I basically had to stand there while the kids were playing. The resort itself looks nice, but I would not stay here for the waterpark only. Like I said, our passes were free, and I am thankful for that! We were sick of it in 2 hours and my children are only 3 and 7.