“Ideal for famililes with young children” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandrift Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Sandrift Resort
Save Saved
You added Sandrift Resort to your Saves list
1080 E. Hiawatha Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Brookfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Ideal for famililes with young children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights with my elderly mother and 2 children (ages 4 and 2.5 yrs old). Ideal location with a sandy beach. Water is shallow for the kids to "swim" and play and does not drop off suddenly. I brought my own swim wings for the kids, the resort provided everything else: beach shovels/buckets/toys, lots of slides, forts, and a swingset. Nice perk to have access to peddle and row boats & canoes (life jackets for all ages provided). Feed the ducks, eat out or prepare your own meals in the kitchen, fish, etc.... Furnishings reminded me of our cottage up north from days gone by. Clean and comfortable; some wear and tear on the rooms, but nothing that the affected the quality of our stay. Owner was very helpful providing coupons and suggestions for activities/restaurants. It was nice to be able to relax and have my eye on the kids while they played. My only complaint is that I am used to sleeping in complete darkness. Next time I will bring a sleep mask because the mini blinds were not room darkening.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Perfect place for family excellent location my group had an amazing time the only complaint is it ended way to fast but I'm definitely going to come back it felt like I was at home it was extremely inviteing place I really just can't say enough

• Stayed August 2012
Waldorf, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My extended family stayed at the Sandrift from July 21 - 27th 2012 for our third family reunion. Families arrived from the North Dakota, Texas, Penn. and Maryland, we were greeted from both Chris and Linda in such a way that made us feel right at home. We had choosen this resort a year ahead time with the idea that we all wanted to be together in the evening and be able socialize while watching our kids and grandkids play on the beach and lake at the same time. It began the first night and ended with good byes on the last. We all agreed that we had a great time and wished we had another week. When you book places that you are not familar with - it can be a crap shoot. That week was great- parents & kids went to water parks, amusement parks, pizza parlors, zip lining, fishing, wave running, duck boats, House the Rock, shopping downtown & outlet malls, facials, thrifting (way to go Nance) boating. We cooked out and ate in, we tried mexicani Rose (Awesome) Culvers (best all around burger and chicken joint - great ice cream). The uncles and son-in-laws tried the Port a Vista Bar and grill down the road (walking distance) and came home very happy indeed.We enjoyed the campfires everynite. The little kids enjoyed the play ground equiptment and parents got to do other things while grand parents and Aunts and Uncles watched the kids. Cousins who only get to see each other every couple of years stayed up late outside while there little ones slept within eyesight. We all left on the 27th wishing it had not ended - ah but the real world was calling - back to work for all. Would we stay there again - I think I can speak for all, hell yes. The only things that would have made it better was a few more family members join us and our Mom, Cally could have been there. She passed way this February 2012 and was missed so much by all, because she loved these adventures with her children and grand children. Thanks guys, until the next time we are together - remember the good times always. Patty Jean Batschelet - Waldorf, Maryland

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Grafton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our family come back every year and would stay here. Very family oriented, the owner is very friendly, and lovely sandy beach. The free ticket to waterparks is also a big plus for our kids!

Room Tip: Best place to stay on Lake Delton!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

If you have toddlers, this is the place for you. It is on the beach, canoes, paddle boats and available life jackets are all there. Swing sets, Little Tykes climbing structures, and slides are all around. My son and nephews loved playing outside all day long.

I stayed in a two bedroom end unit. The place was clean. It was nice. Now, the place is not "high end". The furniture is a random jumble of things, If you want a swank resort with matching furniture and flat screens this is not the place for you.The kitchen was stocked with plates, bowls pots and pans, measuring cups etc. You can cook basic meals there with no problem.

The owners are nice and very helpful. They will give you the inside scoop on what tourist traps you should avoid and the ones that are a must.

I do wish the place offered towels and toiletries and a blow dryer but the owners are very upfront about what they offer. You will need to bring your own pack and play if you need a crib.

In this age of corporate run hotels it is nice to stay at a "mom and pop" shop.

Room Tip: Choose the end rooms and you get a porch too!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I slept like a rock in the nice double bed both nights in Unit 10, which was very clean and well maintained. I had a choice of two bedrooms in my unit, and picked the one by the kitchen. Retro light brown panel walls and turquoise carpet, very nice retro of good times in simpler time of the late 1950's/ early 1960's. My kitchen was easy to make dinner and breakfast in using the Tappan gas stove instead of going out eating and spending money. Doing dishes by hand again brought back fond memories. Walmart and local food store in downtown Dells are reasonable for groceries. I soaked in the full-size tub- real full size, and plenty of hot water! Grill is available outside door. Went swimming in Lake Delton,just a few feet away, and rowed the vintage Alumnicraft boat around the cove - which glides across the water better than the new stuff they make. They have paddleboats, and canoes too. Nice bonfire at night to make smores or roast marshmallows. Just bring your own towels, dish soap, food, and your swimming suit and you are set. Don't forget your pole and lures, bait shop up the street too. They have laundry machine on site too, in case you want to wash stuff. Owners, Linda and Chris work very hard on keeping the place clean and nice and make you feel at home. Lots of fun to chat with too. TV has cable too, which they give you the remote with key to the room, so you don't lose it. Linda and Chris will give you a map, a wrist band for a free visit to Chula Vista waterpark, and some great coupons for Dells attractions. I found I would rather swim at the Sandrift with less people than hoardes of people at Chula Vista- sandy beach, and refreshing lake water. I wish I could have stayed longer, as I just started to relax but left Monday to go back to work after two nights there. Give them a try, a nice Mom and Pop resort without all the big chain corporate coldness.

Room Tip: The rooms with no adjoining rooms from other units are quieter. The end units facing the lake are th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011 via mobile

The rooms were nice and clean, but for the rate we were charged I expected more. All in all though my kids loved it.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Sandrift Resort? Share your experiences!