“Retro Resort from the early 1960's on Lake Delton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandrift Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Sandrift Resort
You added Sandrift Resort to your Saves list
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1080 E. Hiawatha Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Retro Resort from the early 1960's on Lake Delton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I slept like a rock in the nice double bed both nights in Unit 10, which was very clean and well maintained. I had a choice of two bedrooms in my unit, and picked the one by the kitchen. Retro light brown panel walls and turquoise carpet, very nice retro of good times in simpler time of the late 1950's/ early 1960's. My kitchen was easy to make dinner and breakfast in using the Tappan gas stove instead of going out eating and spending money. Doing dishes by hand again brought back fond memories. Walmart and local food store in downtown Dells are reasonable for groceries. I soaked in the full-size tub- real full size, and plenty of hot water! Grill is available outside door. Went swimming in Lake Delton,just a few feet away, and rowed the vintage Alumnicraft boat around the cove - which glides across the water better than the new stuff they make. They have paddleboats, and canoes too. Nice bonfire at night to make smores or roast marshmallows. Just bring your own towels, dish soap, food, and your swimming suit and you are set. Don't forget your pole and lures, bait shop up the street too. They have laundry machine on site too, in case you want to wash stuff. Owners, Linda and Chris work very hard on keeping the place clean and nice and make you feel at home. Lots of fun to chat with too. TV has cable too, which they give you the remote with key to the room, so you don't lose it. Linda and Chris will give you a map, a wrist band for a free visit to Chula Vista waterpark, and some great coupons for Dells attractions. I found I would rather swim at the Sandrift with less people than hoardes of people at Chula Vista- sandy beach, and refreshing lake water. I wish I could have stayed longer, as I just started to relax but left Monday to go back to work after two nights there. Give them a try, a nice Mom and Pop resort without all the big chain corporate coldness.

Room Tip: The rooms with no adjoining rooms from other units are quieter. The end units facing the lake are th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011 via mobile

The rooms were nice and clean, but for the rate we were charged I expected more. All in all though my kids loved it.

• Stayed July 2011
Cranbury,NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed here the last week of july 2011, Linda & Chris the owners are very nice, layed back that's a good thing, The rooms were older but CLEAN !! Plenty to do my 10 yr & 9 yr old boys loved it , Canoes, paddle boats, ping pong volleyball, & nice camp fire at night! Free wristbands for Chula water park & that was great because it rained 1 day inside water fun!! Good Price, saved on $$ for food because I got to cook some meals!! Eat at the Rivers Edge very good & Culvers WOW i wish we had these in NJ!! Nice place if you like the Cabin like experience :)) The lake was clean & warm they keep the outside areas very clean, nice beach area Too....The only problem was the Internet couldn't get it in the cabin not a happy husband!! All's they need is a extra Router !!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Midlothian, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We went for 4th of July last year, and are returning this year! It's definitely VERY homey and relaxing. I can understand the previous posters ideals, perhaps they're more used to or suited for "high end" living, but me and my family, personally, want a homey, welcoming (be it in your pajamas or not) and courteous stay. I'd rather be treated like a normal person than a number. Linda and her husband go ABOVE AND BEYOND to make sure your stay is 100%, and I'm sorry, but I cannot ask for more than that. When planning our Dells vaca for this year, we didn't even CONSIDER anyplace other than The Sandrift! We cannot wait until Thursday!!!!!!! :-)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Neenah, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

So we stayed there in early june. When you first drive up it looks pretty clustered and small. It is right off the road and then there is the resort and water. It is in need of tlc. The rates arent that bad, but the rooms arent that great either. They work.

What really turned me off was the lack of professionalism. The owner came to the office door/house door in her pajamas. She was in this long tshirt every time we went in to get something or ask a question. She was nice but just made you uncomfortable.

There are lots of toys for the kids, which is nice and they start a fire every night.
I guess Id rate it ok. But I wouldnt go there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Sandrift Resort? Share your experiences!