“Clean and Tranquil!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Birchcliff Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Birchcliff Resort
Save Saved
You added Birchcliff Resort to your Saves list
4149 River Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #10 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
“Clean and Tranquil!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was really hesitant to stay at a cabin. I stayed in a horrible cabin in Indiana when I was little and never wanted to try it again. However, we needed a place near Wisconsin Dells that accepts dogs and decided to try Birchcliff (based on the positive reviews). Everything about it was WONDERFUL! The owner checked us in, and she was really friendly and helpful. Our little cabin was perfectly clean and comfortable. The water was super hot and the fireplace was pretty. There is a great trail through the woods to the beach. Our dog especially enjoyed that! I loved floating in the sparkling clean pool underneath the tall trees. There is a swing set, ping-pong table, pool table and some other things in the Rec Room. We never made it to the campfire at night, but I love that it's there! The best part about it was that there was no ice machine going off at 2 a.m. or children running up and down the hallway at all hours of the night, like at the bigger hotels. The property is so peaceful and the scenery is so beautiful that you can't help but relax! Thanks, Birchcliff! We will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JanoBanano, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Pets are family members, and they too need a vacation !!
I am happy that your pets needs led you to us and you had a good cabin experience.
Missed out on the nightly campfires ? Not to worry, the forest and God are good to us....we have plenty of wood for your next visit.
Great people meet one another at the campfire !!
Thank - You for taking the time to write. We appreciate you.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Moline, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We just got back yesterday from our long weekend at the Birchcliff resort. We stayed in one of their small cabins. It was about the size of a hotel room but it was just the right fit for my husband and I. It had a small fridge, microwave, heat and air and a very clean and nice full bathroom. We had our own grill and picnic table. We also brought are two dogs on the trip. I really hate to leave my dogs and home so I searched for a place that we could bring our dogs that wasn't dirty! This place was really nice it was rustic but "VERY CLEAN!" We only had to pay an extra $20.00 a night for two dogs. The owners of the resort were very nice and they were so helpful when it came to suggestions for where to eat or what to do. They also gave us coupons for attractions. It was very quiet and only a about a 5-10 minute drive to downtown dells shopping. We also got free waterpark tickets for Chula Vista which is about 5 minutes away. Next time we might get the bigger cabin with the kitchen! Overall we will be back to this really great place. Oh yeah they even have a goat that my husband loved to feed! If you want a great place to bring you whole family including your dogs this is the place. It was very reasonable and they people were so nice!!!

Room Tip: The small old time cabins are just fine for two people!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JanoBanano, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Hi - Looks like you stayed in cabin #19. This cabin was reopened this year, glad you found it comfortable to stay in.
In fact, as of this year, we have opened all of our old time cabins as pet friendly. I too am a huge animal lover, and would never have concidered leaving my dog behind.
It's great that you had such a good experience here at Birchcliff and in the Dells.
Thank You again for choosing to stay with us.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My family had a reunion at Birchcliff Resort. It was such a peaceful property. The cabins were close enough to each other to visit with other families but far enough apart to have your own space. There are lots of fun activities on the property like a pool, horseshoes, tennis court, basketball, volleyball net, swings and stuff for kids. I LOVED that dogs were welcome in some of the cabins. There was a nice sense of community at this place and the owner is beyond amazing. She is so friendly and helpful. The dining hall worked out well for meals (our group was very large - about 30 people). The campfires every night were one of the highlights of the weekend. This property is so close to the many attractions of the Dells but far enough away to feel like you are really in nature and at peace. Some people went into town to do activities and others stayed at the restort the whole time. We've already booked the next reunion at Birchcliff. It got a thumbs up from everyone. There is no restaurant at the restort but there are several a very short drive away.

Room Tip: Some cabins are more modern and newer while others are quite old and more rustic. Be sure to specify...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Yes - Birchcliff is a great place for family and large groups !
Thrilled to hear that you have experienced what we know and want everyone whom stays with us to feel. Being connected, feeling at home...
We are keeping busy this off season -
Can't wait to hear what you think of our efforts, and to see you again next year.
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My family and I love this place. We have been coming here for many years. It is a great place, so much to do. It is consistently been the place to go. Every year they have done more work to the place, its fun to see what they have done since we had been there. Nightly campfires, pool, game room, free water park tickets, walking trail to the beach, and overall since of relaxation. I was a little apprehensive this years knowing that Joesph and Dailene wouldn't be there, but Janice was awesome. Very friendly. We will continue to come to Birchliff every year in August.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
It's wonderful to have a whole family / group agree on where to stay.
I am thrilled that you return each year !!
My brother and his family made this place feel like home to all that have stayed with us, myself included.
I thank you for the personal note.
louisville, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We recently had a family reunion vacation at the Birchcliff and it was perfect. The cabins were within walking distance of eachother so we could easily visit with our family members. There was tons of things to do in town or on the river during the day. We spent the evenings cooking out at the resort, swimming and hanging by the campfire. The owners are very nice and helpful and very accomadating to our needs. We were even able to have card tournaments in their rec room that is on site. There is also a 3/4 hiking trail to a private beach on the river. Just perfect in many ways!!

Room Tip: I liked cabin 39 because it had 1 1/2 baths which was more convenient for 5 people.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JanoBanano, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Family reunions are us !!!!!!
We do appreciate that your family chose to spend there special time with us, that is quite a compliment. Thank - You , your comments are appreciated.
West Allis, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I do not normally write reviews, but for Brichcliff I had to. Birchcliff is a really great place! I go up there with my fiance Nicole and her parents we try and go to the Dells once or twice a year and we have tried other places, but Birchcliff is the best place we have stayed. Its not a corporate own cabin resort like some others.

Its family owned, Dailene and her husband are very nice and very helpful. I know they were updating cabins and I believe added some more. They have pet friendly cabins, which is really nice as we usually go up with 2 Labs and a Labradoodle. Its hard to find nice places that allow pets.

Its a great quite place you can hike down to the river banks they have bonfires, a pool and there are right outside downtown Dells. As for any negative reviews all I can say is you will never please everyone, no matter what you do. That said though I would not pass up a stay here. You will find yourself coming back every year after year.

We have stayed in both the private duplex cabins and the old-time cabins and every stay was a great time. I wish they had more pet friendly cabins, that's the only reason we weren't able to stay there this last time. We will try and make another trip up there this year though.

Thanks,
Ian

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Glendive, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I came on our honeymoon. It was a perfect; quiet, clean, private cabin that even included a kitchenette with all the necessary plates, spoons, pans, etc. We had a jacuzzi in our room, and it was great. The nice tucked-away cabin even included things to do in their rec center, plus a beautiful nature walk and free chula vista passes. A great place to stay, We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
JanoBanano, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank - You for choosing to spend your honeymoon at Birchcliff resort.
There is no greater compliment.

Been to Birchcliff Resort? Share your experiences!