“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Birchcliff Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Birchcliff Resort
4149 River Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #12 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
West Allis, Wisconsin
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I do not normally write reviews, but for Brichcliff I had to. Birchcliff is a really great place! I go up there with my fiance Nicole and her parents we try and go to the Dells once or twice a year and we have tried other places, but Birchcliff is the best place we have stayed. Its not a corporate own cabin resort like some others.

Its family owned, Dailene and her husband are very nice and very helpful. I know they were updating cabins and I believe added some more. They have pet friendly cabins, which is really nice as we usually go up with 2 Labs and a Labradoodle. Its hard to find nice places that allow pets.

Its a great quite place you can hike down to the river banks they have bonfires, a pool and there are right outside downtown Dells. As for any negative reviews all I can say is you will never please everyone, no matter what you do. That said though I would not pass up a stay here. You will find yourself coming back every year after year.

We have stayed in both the private duplex cabins and the old-time cabins and every stay was a great time. I wish they had more pet friendly cabins, that's the only reason we weren't able to stay there this last time. We will try and make another trip up there this year though.

Thanks,
Ian

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Glendive, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I came on our honeymoon. It was a perfect; quiet, clean, private cabin that even included a kitchenette with all the necessary plates, spoons, pans, etc. We had a jacuzzi in our room, and it was great. The nice tucked-away cabin even included things to do in their rec center, plus a beautiful nature walk and free chula vista passes. A great place to stay, We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
JanoBanano, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank - You for choosing to spend your honeymoon at Birchcliff resort.
There is no greater compliment.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Tha area is like heaven , so nice .
Tha cabins are ok , needed to be upgraded ASAP .
Management on the other hand , is terrible .
We rented cabin No 2 ,the first impression was ok up until my kids took of there shoes to be comfortable ... Immediately there feet turned black , the floor is DIRTY .
I start to wipe the whole cabin , in a vacation and cleaning a place I paid almost 900$ for .
To top it all I found a dead cocrotch under tha kitchen sink .
The manager came to ( steam clean it ) and when I angrily expressed my disappointment , she was rude , never heard a sorry at all .
Believe me , the dells is like Vigas for water parks , any place would be much better than the birch cliff .
Never again .
And lady manager , my name is Dima Ali . Just to refresh your memory .

• Stayed July 2012
Grand Haven, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My wife and kids spent 3 days here. The service was outstanding. It was quiet. The walk to the river was wonderful. The staff was great and helpful. My girls loved their two new kittens. This was the perfect place to see the Dells area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank - You so much for the compliments !! Oh yes, the walk to the river, getting back to nature is a wonderful thing. Baby deer were spotted along the path yesterday. The kittens have sure enjoyed the attention, but growing way too fast. Good to hear of your experience.
South Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We found them looking for dog friendly sites in Wisconsin Dells. We rented for a week in August with my dogs and kids. We had a great time. Very clean and felt like a community. Everyone was so freindly. The people we did meet were regulars that keep coming back.
Our biggest thing is dog friendly resorts because we do take them with us.

The cabin was dated but it's exactly what we expected, the pool was clean and great in hot weather! The community bonfire at night is great way to meet people. We went one night after 10pm, were real quiet but then people just started coming out, it went from our party of 4 to like 10 people total just talking and cooking smores. There is a really nice walk thru the woods to the nice beach on the river with cliff that people were jumping off. There is so much to do here, trail hikes thru the woods, and just down the street is Witch's Gully. Can't wait to try it this June!

It's really nice to have Chula Vista water park passes. Everything is so expensive elsewhere. I love the dells but this resort gives you the feel of being in the North Woods and just a couple miles north of downtown hussle and bussle. We brought our bikes to ride thru the woods, which we will do more of that next time.

We already did everything downtown, next time is more for being with our dogs and outdoors. Great way to keep cost down to bbq outside. Air conditioners work great also.

The owners, Dailene and her husband really do make you feel like your family or really close friends. We will be returning every year. This will be our second time coming in June 2012.

I would highly recommend this resort for dog owners and family reunions. The newer cabins look great and more updated. But we are dog owners and they go with us everywhere on vacations.

You have to try this resort and you'll never want to stay in the loud, cramped and expensive hotels again.

Room Tip: look at all the cabins on their website. really nice resort just north of downtown right on the riv...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Found this cabin resort via trip advisor and i'd honestly recommend them to anyone with a few words of advice.

Pros:
*Staff was the most friendly I've ever dealt with. The lady that runs the place, can't remember her name Janine I think, was extremely friendly and when we needed firewood and they were out she actually brought it up to our cabin.
*Location was great. Far enought out of town for peace and queit yet close enough for a less than 5 minute drive.
*Wood burning fireplace. You have to like these to consider it a pro but I certainly do.
*Cabin was actually much nicer than it looked on the internet. True log cabin feel.
*Comes with waterpark passes to Chula Vista. We didn't use these because our friends wanted to go to Kalahari, but after paying for Kalahari we realized the value of them.

Cons:
*The cabins aren't the highest in style and amenities and some aspects of them are a bit dated. I don't need towels folded into animals, but they could update their tv's (signal was poor) and the refridgerator was leftover from the 70's. Also could see some areas where they cut corners in building such as the plywood under the bed and pictures screwed onto the walls. Again it was fine for what we were looking for
*The first day we were there it was warm, which brought some ugly looking bugs. Don't know what they were but I picked them up and threw them outside. This is part of being out in a wooded area if you've ever camped before, but they should probably get some Ortho Home Defense to spray around the cabins.
*The beds are uncomfortable as mentioned by others, but they are replacing them this year and in fact replaced ours during our stay. It was much better with the new bed.
*Come at the right time. There are a lot of things someone can do on the grounds (have to like outdoor activities like horshoe, shuffleboard, tennis) but we came so early in the year they were wasted on us

Overall:
If you are tired of hotels where you're next to/on top of/below your neighbors this place is perfect for you. They build a campfire in the middle of the grounds everynight which is nice to relax after a day out. You must be willing to accept that you won't get your cabin cleaned everyday and the furnishings are on the low end, but ignore that and spend your time enjoying the relaxation of the grounds which is really nice to just walk around. Also, and this is the most important part, their staff (the one we met) is #1 for service and friendliness.

• Stayed April 2012
sundogtn, Manager at Birchcliff Resort, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank - You for your honest review. This will help us to service our customers better in the future.
Yes, some of our cabins are dated in style.
We have begun this season with refurnishing and comfort in mind.
Many of our cabins have new window dressings. NEW PILLOWS !!!!!!
Many have NEW BEDS !!!!, and headboards.
And YES, we are upgrading many of our television sets.
The bugs........well, We are in the woods. This is a constant battle, one of which we would prefer to win. We will keep on them.
Thank - You again for your concerns, they are a value to us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

I'm so glad we decided to stay st Birchcliff! The staff was incredibly helpful and the added water park passes were a plus. The cabin was rustic but had all the modern day amenities. It was cozy and in such a beautiful area. Just a quick drive to the downtown Dells. I would love to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Birchcliff Resort? Share your experiences!