I'll break this review two parts: the waterpark and the hotel.
The Wilderness has three or four different waterparks separated by a few minute walk. We were at the Wilderness in July, when the outdoor waterparks were open. All the water parks are very nice and great for kids age 4 and up. We've stayed at the Great Wolf before, and this is much larger with more variety of rides.
One downside at the Wilderness. There are not nearly as many lifeguards as there were at the Great Wolf. This may concern some parents with younger kids. Also, at Great Wolf, all kids were required to wear life vests. Not so at Wilderness. I saw a couple kids with life vests, but don't know if they were available upon request. All in all I would rate the waterparks at the Wilderness better than the Great Wolf lodge.
Now for the hotel. The rooms are Worn and musty smelling. This is to be expected of a waterpark resort but still wasn't ideal. In general the rooms here or not as good as the Great Wolf Lodge.
Overall I would recommend this resort because of the superiority of the waterparks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come play the day away in America's largest waterpark resort! The Wilderness has 4 indoor and 4 outdoor water parks totaling nearly 500,000 square feet (that is over 12 football fields of water fun!) We also have two indoor, 3-D, black light mini golf courses; outdoor mini golf; zip lining; go-karts; laser tag; Wild Rock Championship Golf Club; and award-winning spa services at Sundara Spa. Amazing lodging options include Wilderness themed guest rooms, condos, villas and cabins. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wilderness Resort Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wi Dells
- Wilderness Resort Wi Dells
- Resort Wilderness Wisconsin