“Review of hotel and waterpark” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wilderness Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilderness Resort
You added Wilderness Resort to your Saves list
511 East Adams Street, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Northern USA
“Review of hotel and waterpark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I'll break this review two parts: the waterpark and the hotel.

The Wilderness has three or four different waterparks separated by a few minute walk. We were at the Wilderness in July, when the outdoor waterparks were open. All the water parks are very nice and great for kids age 4 and up. We've stayed at the Great Wolf before, and this is much larger with more variety of rides.

One downside at the Wilderness. There are not nearly as many lifeguards as there were at the Great Wolf. This may concern some parents with younger kids. Also, at Great Wolf, all kids were required to wear life vests. Not so at Wilderness. I saw a couple kids with life vests, but don't know if they were available upon request. All in all I would rate the waterparks at the Wilderness better than the Great Wolf lodge.

Now for the hotel. The rooms are Worn and musty smelling. This is to be expected of a waterpark resort but still wasn't ideal. In general the rooms here or not as good as the Great Wolf Lodge.

Overall I would recommend this resort because of the superiority of the waterparks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Perfectly relaxing, continuous activity for 6 grandkids all under 7 years old. Water parks out of this world. Exhilarating zip lining plus free boat tour at Wilderness lodge on the lake in a 2 bedroom ,Hugh loft condo overlooking the beautiful lake. Kayaking is a must. Not a flaw anywhere with the staff and lifeguards a wonderful , servant oriented crew. Restaurants galore so go to your appetites
Desire.

Room Tip: 4th floor...never heard anyone else and best view.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was our first time visiting the Wilderness. I must say we ENJOYED ourselves so much. There were so many activities to do. And the girls was never bored. I would DEFINITELY stay again. I would DEFINITELY stay longer.
Keep up the EXCITING EXPERIENCES AT THE WILDERNESS!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We just returned from a few days at the Glacier Lodge. Traveled with 6 adults, 2 teenagers and a baby. The three bedroom condo was perfect for our family. There was so many activities that we had to limit each person to choose their two favorite so we would have time to do them all. We really enjoyed the waterparks, the zip lining, the mini golf and the dots paint your own pottery. A couple of the guys really enjoyed the championship golf course as well. Monks is a great place, on the grounds, to grab a nice meal. The condo was clean and everything was in working order. I highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor. We just walked out our sliding glass door and was in the water p...
Cascade, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was a great resort. Clean and friendly staff. We stayed in Glacier Lodge. There are water parks indoor and outdoor at each part of the resort. You can walk from one part of the resort to the other without going outside if you want. It is quite a walk depending on where you want to go but you don't have to go outside if you don't want to. We really liked this resort because it was a place we could take our families. We had a 5 month old through 15 year old kids and then the adults. There was plenty to do for all at each water park. We visited several of them too. The two teenage kids tried the activities. Go carts, lazer tag-better than Kalahari. The rope course was really cool. It did not look like much but was really cool when we tried it. The laser course was something new we had never tried. The mini golf coursed are similar in side. If you do one the other one is very similar. The outside one is completely different. Zip line staff was very patient and helpfull especially for first timers.

Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed over to two nights in the two bedroom villas. We fit 4 adults and 3 little one in the space. It had a full kitchen and enough room for all of our stuff, with 3 little ones you bring a lot of stuff and pack and plays are not small. The beds were nice and everything was clean. Only a few issues we found the cups and silverware were good but the pots and pans were beat up a little bit and need to be replaced.
I know people don’t take care of there own stuff sometimes but they really didn’t take care of these pots and pans at all. Also we found the walk to the pool really long with little kids so I would sagest, bring a small stroller to aid you in your walk to the pools, we also found that it was hard to get in to the pool areas with only one upper door and was not wide enough for traffic from two directions as well as a stair way that could not fit traffic from two directions as well. Other then that we loved our trip there with our friends and will be booking another trip really soon.

Room Tip: If being close to an indoor pool the villas are the best as it is a long walk but they have the best...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
West Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I traveled with a party of 14 from July 19-22. We stayed for the first time two years ago in a condo and had a mostly pleasant stay. Sadly, this time left little to be desired. Our family has grown in the past few years, so we were traveling with a party of 4 cars, 6 kids (3 under 3), my handicap mother and my sister-in-law who is 8.5 months pregnant. At check-in, we were given condo 207D. We were also told we only get two parking spots and the rest would need to be parked in the adjacent lot. Only the adjacent lot wasn't so adjacent. How are we supposed to decide which two get to park close to our condo? One car has my handicap mother, one car has my very pregnant sister-in-law, the other car has two babies and the last car also had two small children. It seemed a little unreasonable. Also, we looked forward to using the grill which seemed to be quite a long walk from our condo, not across from it like it was during our last stay. My mother went back to the front desk and explained our situation about parking and desire to be somewhat close to a grill and was rudely asked if we had requested a condo close to a grill. Instead of apologizing, suddenly the matter seemed to be our fault. Had we known we could request a specific condo, we would have. Anyway, we were moved to condo 203C which was better. After walking around for a mere 5 minutes, my one-year old who is just beginning to walk, had completely black legs and feet from crawling and walking, as did the rest of us. It sickens me that my baby who is constantly putting his hands in his mouth, is crawling around on such a disgusting floor. When we stayed two years ago, my other child who had also just started walking, had the same problem and I was hoping it was just a one time deal and maybe that condo wasn't as well-cleaned as others. I am sad to see that I am wrong. I did not want to go back to the front desk again because obviously, if two condos are that dirty, why bother switching all the people involved once again, to have nothing resolved? As I understand, these condos are independently owned, so I'm not quite sure there's even anything they can do, but I surely CANNOT be the only person to complain about this. If the carpets aren't cleaned, it scares me to think what else isn't cleaned. Wiping my baby down is pointless when he crawls two minutes later and is covered in filth again. Completely unacceptable to me.

The next day of our stay, new families seemed to check in all around us. There were tons of cars in our lot. I do not understand the purpose of making it seem like the parking situation is enforced, when it clearly isn't. My mother, who uses a handicap sticker, couldn't even park in the designated handicap spot because someone parked there. I watched the young family get out of their car, lock it, and go inside, no handicap sticker hanging from the mirror. Once they finally moved, cars parked all along in our lot stayed for the duration of our stay.

We had a few more small issues, such as the TV in one room not working, the outlets being too big for anything we wanted plugged in, the cooking pans were AWFUL to cook in, etc. We like coming to the Dells because it's a very family oriented place but I am afraid after this stay, we may have to take our business elsewhere. I feel for the price we paid, the standards would have been higher. We didn't pay nearly $1,000 a night for my poor baby to be crawling around with black knees.

It is a great location, there's plenty to do and see in the area but the unsatisfactory condo was a let down.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Wilderness Resort? Share your experiences!