“Awesome” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wilderness Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilderness Resort
Save Saved
You added Wilderness Resort to your Saves list
511 East Adams Street, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The place was very clean. Would not recommend the wild canyon buffet. It was expensive for the food they offered. List world was fun. Only a outdoor water park so if u are staying there just keep that in mind if it's cooler out. The kids lived the Klondike cavern/new frontier area the most. The wild water done has an awesome wave pool and a water slide. All the parks open and close at different times. Also your fridge in your room does not have a freezer (so don't bring ice cream treats like I did). Over all we had a great time. Two nights was long enough kids were tired by 3 rd day. If u go tues thru thurs I think u get better rates too

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
Griffith, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed in one of the golf course cabins and it was EXCELLENT!! The only problem we had was when we arrived, our two reserved parking spots were taken by the cabin next to us. We didn't say anything to the front desk and the people were gone the next morning. No harm, no foul. The cabin area is a little ways from the water parks, but the shuttle was quick to come pick us up when we called. We could watch the golfers on the green from the cabin balcony. Nice and quiet area!! Deer even ran next to our cabin! Our cabin was clean, housekeeping brought fresh towels every day and we were all (4 adults and 2 children) very comfortable!! I loved having a grill on the balcony, made dinner ideas a breeze!! Thank you Wilderness for an excellent vacation!!

Room Tip: Golf course cabins are not within walking distance to the water park. Use the shuttle to get you to...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
(Personal)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I love the wilderness resort, it is by far the best resort in the dells! My family has stayed there every year for the past 5 years and we've enjoyed it every time!

First, the wilderness has many things for the family to do! There are a lot of nice indoor and outdoor waterparks with stuff for kids of all ages! They also have other fun activities such as, zip lining, ropes course, arcades, etc.

Second, the hotel rooms are wonderful! Since we have a bigger family, we have to get a bigger room/condo. Our family rented a 4 room condo with 3 bathrooms, and it was great! The rooms were big, there's a full size kitchen, and the living room is nice and big! A few years ago I just went to the dells with my dad, brother, and I and we stayed in the smallest room they had, and even those rooms were great! The only thing that's a bummer is our condo we stayed in was far from the waterparks and activities. We had to drive there every time, but that didn't bother us.

Honestly, I would recommend the wilderness over other hotels such as Hotel Rome, and the Kalahari. There are a lot more fun activities at the wilderness than any other hotel! The wilderness is fairly priced, but can be a little spendy, (depending what room/condo), but it's all worth it!

If I had to say one thing the wilderness could improve/change, it would be the check in time. The check in time is 4:00, which I feel is kind of late. Personally, after a long day of traveling, I like to go straight into my room and relax.

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Our first family vacation, and it was a blast. We spent 4 nights and never had one moment where there wasn't something to do. The staff is great, really attentive even with all of the guests they have to look after. The room was quiet, I was worried about this because of how full the resort was, but it was a non-issue. All of the water parks in the resort were clean, fun and had more than enough variety of slides and activities that kept us all busy and happy. I definitely recommend getting the family fun pass, totally worth it, and we appreciated that you could redo one of the activities for free if you really liked it. Great arcades, great food, 3D mini golf is a must do! We were really surprised that there is a trail riding place right around the corner, literally. We will definitely be back next summer!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Grand Ridge, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed with our 2 kids (11 & 9) for three days. Between all of the water parks there is plenty to keep everyone busy. The arcade and rope course are also fun activities. We ate at the Thirsty Buffalo for lunch one day and spent over $50 for sandwiches and fries! You don't feel like leaving the resort for food, it's gonna cost you. Overall it's a fun, clean, and friendly place to get away. Lifeguards do a great job as well, we felt very comfortable letting our kids do what they wanted while we sat at a table. Will return.

Stayed July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Dirty public locker rooms and bathrooms, broken shower faucet in my hotel room shower, broken bumper boat, cash only arcade, bad food that is expensive throughout, and waterparks that are way too spread out.

I don't mind exercise but not when I'm dragging two children around with me. God forbid we're floating around the lazy river and someone gets an itch to go on the bumper boats at one of the other waterparks a half mile across the resort. I'd rather go back to the Kalahari where everything in basically in one place.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My family & I enjoyed ourself at this resort. We stayed in the cabin which made it seems like our own home so we had that feel of privacy.Waking up in the morning and being able to view a deer outside my bedroom window was awesome. The water wasn't cold at the waterpark which I seem to like even better. We had a ball playing laser tags and the bumper boats. My vacation time is when I get to really enjoy my family. We enjoyed it and definitely will return to the Wilderness resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Wilderness Resort? Share your experiences!