“A Little Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Wisconsin Dells

You added Ramada Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1073 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy S, I-90/94 & Exit 92, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #19 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A Little Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I read good reviews about this hotel from previous posts, however, was a little disappointed in my experience. The bathroom was very small. The walls were extremely thin as I could hear the guests above me, around me, and in the hall. The beds were clean and comfortable. Pillows were very nice. The heater in my room turned on and off frequently and was quite loud. The lighting in the room was so poor and the bulbs cast an uninviting cold green creepy light. The staff was very friendly. Parking was very convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Genevieve R, General Manager at Ramada Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It is with this direct feedback that we can continue to improve our property and services offered.
The small bathroom you describe is only found in our double queen rooms, average size. We have 39 of this room type at our hotel so it does comsume the majority of our inventory. The "west wing" as we call it, was built some 30 years ago during a time when bathroom size was not important. In fact as history goes in the Dells, many motels had shared bathrooms located in a common area. Once Hotels were starting to be built in this fast growing tourism town they were made to be just the basic. Often they consisted of just a shower stall, stool, and sink. This hotel was one of the first to redesign that idea and include a tub/shower and place the sink outside of the bathroom area so guests sharing sleeping space could manage their morning routines better. In 1995 this hotel added on the "east wing" and an elevator. All of the double queen rooms (large) to the east of the elevator have larger bathrooms and about 10 more square feet in the room itself. This is reflected in the rate difference as well. We are working on correcting the sound barrier issues, again, being that that section is the oldest of the hotel, correction this design and building flaw will take a major undertaking, but we are investigating it.
It probably didn't help that your stay may have been during a busy sporting event. I do apologize for any inconveniences.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to be your host, by calling us direct we can better place you in a larger room with adequate space for your needs.
I am excited to tell you that we are getting all NEW room furniture later this spring/early June and improving our compact florescent lighting. We are going green, but your lighting should be bright and clear.
Thank you again for your comments! We do hope to see you again.

Genevieve Raddatz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great Stay! Great value. Our team had a great time. Breakfast was great and rooms were clean. The temperature in the whole hotel could drop about 10 degrees. It was hot in our 2nd floor room and in the breakfast area; but that's what they make air conditioners for - got it cooled down and more comfortable in no time. Kari, the office manager was extremely helpful in planning our stay and patient with the changes that took place because of weather. Only suggestion would be to have more rooms available for team dinners/gathering space. Three teams in the breakfast area was loud and crowded, but we made do.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Genevieve R, General Manager at Ramada Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing yoru review and comments with us! We have been specializing in team/group stays for several years now and will take you suggestions to heart. Structurally, we just don't have the space to add more "team" rooms. We do allow that breakfast area to be used by the teams after breakfast hours and of course our hospitality room as well. It's a little easier during the summer, with the outdoor patio and picnic area. I know the breakfast room can heat up with all the waffle irons going non stop and I hope that my staff noticed that and turned on the A/C in that room as well. Silly to think A/C would be used during the winter, but we are prepared for that too. I know that Kari appreciates the compliment as together we do our best to make it easy on the teams and planners. Being a volleyball coach myself, I use my experiences from traveling to make it better here. We have been trying to ask teams to schedule breakfast times to avoid the rush, but with all 3 teams have the same schedule we lose out....We do start the breakfast earlier on high volume weekend however to help the congestion.
Thank you again for your great review and we look forward to having your team back with us again!

Horicon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband, sons ( 6&2) and I had a GREAT time!!! We choose the waterpark package and were suprised to see that our room was ready when we got there at 10am on a SATURDAY!!! We got settled into the room and off to the waterpark nearby. When we returned after a long day at the water park and dinner we decided to use the pool and hot tub. We were suprised that we were the ONLY ones in there. It was GREAT to use the pool and hot tub with just us 4. The breakfast the next morning was AWESOME!!! They had waffles, biscuits and gravey, toast, bagels, danish, cereal, fuit, yogurt, muffins, along with jucies, tea, and coffee. If you walked away Hungry there is something wrong with you.
We will DEFINANTLY stay here again!!!

Katie H,
Thank you for your recent review! I'm so glad your family was able to enjoy the water park package this past February. We try to have rooms ready for check in early as often as possible. Our pool tends to be busier during the morning hours or late evening - end of the day. So I think you picked just the right time to enjoy some quiet time with your children. I would have thought they had enough water for the day!
Our breakfast is always filling, I agree. We keep a variety of items daily and on Sundays, like you experienced, we have old fashioned biscuits n gravy. Something you might only get at grandmas. We hope that you will choose us again for your next visit to the Dells. Make sure to always call us direct to receive your preferred Dells Ramada guest rates!

We look forward to having you as our guests again.

Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were in the Dells for a sports tournament, and this hotel was perfect. The breakfast in the morning allowed us to fuel up and get going in the early hours. Clean rooms and friendly staff.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review after your tournament weekend! We appreciate all of your comments and I will surely share them with the staff. It takes a "team" of people who care about service to make sure each guest is taken care of each stay.
I am also a volleyball coach both club and at oru local 2 year college, so I know what teams are looking for when they travel. That earlier breakfast really helps, as you mentioned, to get your team going on the right path. We offer a lot of grab and go items too so if they are that one that sleeps in a little longer they can still get their morning fill.
We hope that your team will return again to us for your next or future competitions in the Dells. I know there are many to choose from.
Please always call us direct to get your preferred rates and room placements. We wish you the best of luck for the rest of your season and hope to see you again soon!

Genevieve Raddatz
Oconomowoc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

the workout room was too hot, the walls seemed thin as I could hear people talking in the hall and people above me; the furnace went on/off it seemed every 30 seconds, bathroom was very small. the phone in the room didn't work. the breakfast was very nice and the service was fine. I'd also have to reconnect to the wireless service multiple times. it was very frustrating.

Heather M,
Thank you for sharing your comments and experience after your recent stay at our hotel. We are working on resolving noise barrier issues for our hotel, as this building is over 30 years old. We have been upgrading our rooms and making sure we are clean, safe, comfortable, and affordable. The room heater is on and energy efficient setting, but should regulate better than it sounds like it did. It is possible that if the curtains were fully closed the air may have traveled up behind the curtains more often, causing the sensor to mis read and turn on and off. We are working on the solution for this with weighting adn hemming our curtains. About 39 of our guest rooms have the smaller bathrooms. This was a design "flaw" from teh early 80s and unfortunately we are not able to make those larger without taking away from the room size. We are working on expanding or adding to the storage space for the vanity to allow more personal storage. First we are putting in all new furniture! We are excited to announce that later spring/early June every room will have new furniture and some other features.
I was not aware of any difficulties with our wi-fi, I do apologize for that. I work on the wi-fi daily and sometimes about every 3 days, I do have to log back on. I like that security feature, but I can see how frustrating it could be during a short visit. I know those issues have been resolved.
We hope that you will visit us again for your next volleyball competition. There are several yet to compete in here in the Dells!
Good luck to your team and we hope to have you as our guests again!

Genevieve

Been to Ramada Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!