“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Vertical Illusions offers one of a kind Kayaking, Rock Climbing and Zip Line Canopy Tours that are sure to be the highlight of your vacation! While exploring and playing in the Wisconsin River and among the rocky crags you will be viewing endangered plants, rare habitats and wildlife! Whether you’re looking for a crazy adventure or a nice relaxing float down the river, our professional Guides will customize a perfect worry-free trip for any group! Try our newest 15 Zip Line Eco Canopy Tour: Zip Line off cliffs, over canyons and through the Canopy of Chimney Rock Park!
Ridgeland, Mississippi
52 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This review is long overdue. My brother and I took a zip-line tour with Vertical Illusions last August (2011) and were expecting the usual tour experience. We were both completely amazed by the customer service that Lenny and Cassie provided. It ended up being a private tour. Cassie took photos and even burned them to a disk for us before we left. We got so much more than we expected and next time we plan on bringing the whole family. Excellent company, excellent guides, and astounding customer service!

Visited September 2011

Omaha, Nebraska
4 attraction reviews
“The next best thing to Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We are so happy we went to Vertical Illusions for a zip-lining tour on August 13th! It was amazing, beautiful, exhilarating and fun! Our guides were Jeri and Mike.You could tell they loved their jobs! They were informative and made the tour more like an adventure! The hike up to the top was a little 'rocky' for me but with the help of my husband and Mike, I made it up to the first platform. Jeri explained to us how the land was acquired, how each platform was put up by hand without any sophisticated machinery and the importance to keep the integrity of the land and trees true to nature. We even saw a family of deer, which Jeri quickly took snapshots of with her camera! At each platform she taught us something new about our gear, how to brake, or what we would see in the wilderness below us or in front of us! She was very entertaining and yet professional in all aspects of this amazing adventure! We would highly recommend this tour to everyone that is physically capable of doing it. We have done a zip-line tour in Costa Rica and this was very comparable! With Easton and the rest of the Vertical Illusions team behind him, we truly believe that Vertical Illusions surpasses all the other zip-line tours in the Wisconsin Dells and will one day be the #1 Wisconsin Dells destination! We also did a 3hr kayaking tour on August 15th with Jacob which was very easy and laid back. We just quietly drifted down the Wisconsin River, dodging sandbars and learning how to tandem kayak (my husband and I)--we even saw a bald eagle which Jacob caught a pic of! AND of course both of these adventures came with a complimentary photo CD of our day(s)! Thank you to all at Vertical Illusions for making this a memorable 25th wedding anniversary get-away for us!

Chicago, Illinois
“Zipping into nature”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Yesterday my wife and I went "zipping" (is that even a word?) with Emily and Tony. The words that come to mind are: awesome, wonderful, fun, exhilarating, beautiful, majestic, and insanity.

After being married for 10 years, my better half decided that it was time to "live a little," so she wanted to zipline. I did not want some boring man made thing where you went from tower to tower 3 times and pay a large sum of money for the privilege. So Vertical Illusions seemed like the right thing to do. Emily and Tony proved that we were not wrong.

The scenery was incredible (well as incredible as you can get in central Wisconsin) as was the seeming impossibility of the zip line platforms. I still don't know how any man could have got them up in some of those trees, so I guess you had an army of squirrels building them for you. And then Emily and Tony had to take us 5 noobs and teach us how to zip-line without killing ourselves or no one else.

The low key yet serious enough lessons and presentation kept everyone relaxed enough not to panic, yet focused enough so that we didn't lose life nor limb. And yet somehow also kept us all entertained for the 3.5 hour adventure (on a per hour basis, they are really undercutting themselves compared to other Dells businesses).

And when we got back to the office, Emily said our photo CD (included in the price) would be waiting when we returned after dinner. And sure enough, there they were, waiting for us.

It is doubtful that we will remember any of the meals or other "attractions" from the past long weekend, but we will always remember our first time zip lining in the forests of Wisconsin.

A great way to have a blast in the great outdoors without alcohol or large man made contraptions.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
“1st time ziplining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We decided to go zip lining for our anniversary and I am glad we did. Our tour guides were very friendly and knowledgeable. Also this is the only tour that is actually in the woods. Another cool thing is that they actually own the land you are zip lining on and they try very hard to preserve it. It does take a little time to get there (they take you in a shuttle van) but the views are worth it. There is also a small hike to get to the lines but no worries the views will make you forget your quads are slightly burning. I thought it would be a little more nerve wrecking since i am very much afraid of heights but I wasn't scared at any point. I always felt safe with the guides :) I would do this again.

IL
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This zip line tour was awesome. My niece and nephew went on this tour. Their guide were Danielle and Krystan, very energetic guides. They were in a group of 7 and the tour lasted about 4 hours. Great value, lots of landings. My niece zip lined last year at a competitors place, Vertical Illusions is much better. They take the pictures for you and give you a free CD. Free pictures that is almost unheard of. The competitors place you could buy a picture for a small fortune. Defiantly will be going back to this place, it was awesome!!!