“Zipping into nature” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Vertical Illusions offers one of a kind Kayaking, Rock Climbing and Zip Line Canopy Tours that are sure to be the highlight of your vacation! While exploring and playing in the Wisconsin River and among the rocky crags you will be viewing endangered plants, rare habitats and wildlife! Whether you’re looking for a crazy adventure or a nice relaxing float down the river, our professional Guides will customize a perfect worry-free trip for any group! Try our newest 15 Zip Line Eco Canopy Tour: Zip Line off cliffs, over canyons and through the Canopy of Chimney Rock Park!
Chicago, Illinois
“Zipping into nature”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Yesterday my wife and I went "zipping" (is that even a word?) with Emily and Tony. The words that come to mind are: awesome, wonderful, fun, exhilarating, beautiful, majestic, and insanity.

After being married for 10 years, my better half decided that it was time to "live a little," so she wanted to zipline. I did not want some boring man made thing where you went from tower to tower 3 times and pay a large sum of money for the privilege. So Vertical Illusions seemed like the right thing to do. Emily and Tony proved that we were not wrong.

The scenery was incredible (well as incredible as you can get in central Wisconsin) as was the seeming impossibility of the zip line platforms. I still don't know how any man could have got them up in some of those trees, so I guess you had an army of squirrels building them for you. And then Emily and Tony had to take us 5 noobs and teach us how to zip-line without killing ourselves or no one else.

The low key yet serious enough lessons and presentation kept everyone relaxed enough not to panic, yet focused enough so that we didn't lose life nor limb. And yet somehow also kept us all entertained for the 3.5 hour adventure (on a per hour basis, they are really undercutting themselves compared to other Dells businesses).

And when we got back to the office, Emily said our photo CD (included in the price) would be waiting when we returned after dinner. And sure enough, there they were, waiting for us.

It is doubtful that we will remember any of the meals or other "attractions" from the past long weekend, but we will always remember our first time zip lining in the forests of Wisconsin.

A great way to have a blast in the great outdoors without alcohol or large man made contraptions.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
“1st time ziplining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We decided to go zip lining for our anniversary and I am glad we did. Our tour guides were very friendly and knowledgeable. Also this is the only tour that is actually in the woods. Another cool thing is that they actually own the land you are zip lining on and they try very hard to preserve it. It does take a little time to get there (they take you in a shuttle van) but the views are worth it. There is also a small hike to get to the lines but no worries the views will make you forget your quads are slightly burning. I thought it would be a little more nerve wrecking since i am very much afraid of heights but I wasn't scared at any point. I always felt safe with the guides :) I would do this again.

IL
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This zip line tour was awesome. My niece and nephew went on this tour. Their guide were Danielle and Krystan, very energetic guides. They were in a group of 7 and the tour lasted about 4 hours. Great value, lots of landings. My niece zip lined last year at a competitors place, Vertical Illusions is much better. They take the pictures for you and give you a free CD. Free pictures that is almost unheard of. The competitors place you could buy a picture for a small fortune. Defiantly will be going back to this place, it was awesome!!!

6 attraction reviews
“AMAZING! BEST ZIP LINE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I wasn't expecting them to take us on a long drive, but I was very glad they did because we got out of the touristy area and into Lake Delton. The tour guides were fantastic, very knowledgeable and friendly. I had trouble with braking on the first few zips, but I had zipped before in the past.. just never had to brake myself. I thought braking was great, it made me feel in control and it made it much more fun. It was very authentic and if you are looking for a real zip lining experience definitely go here! After the tour we got a CD of photos the guides took while we were out there and that was a nice keepsake.

Visited July 2012
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
“Family adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My son is leaving for the Marines on sunday and my daughter had this awesome idea to have a family day. We decided to go zip lining. Actually they decided (I am afraid of heights) but it was one of the last family days we are going to have for a while. I couldn't be more pleased or have asked for a better experience. The guides helped me get over the nervousness and to try something new. It was great to see my son and daughter out there laughing having a great time. Thanks to all

Visited July 2012