“1st time ziplining!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Vertical Illusions offers one of a kind Kayaking, Rock Climbing and Zip Line Canopy Tours that are sure to be the highlight of your vacation! While exploring and playing in the Wisconsin River and among the rocky crags you will be viewing endangered plants, rare habitats and wildlife! Whether you’re looking for a crazy adventure or a nice relaxing float down the river, our professional Guides will customize a perfect worry-free trip for any group! Try our newest 15 Zip Line Eco Canopy Tour: Zip Line off cliffs, over canyons and through the Canopy of Chimney Rock Park!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“1st time ziplining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We decided to go zip lining for our anniversary and I am glad we did. Our tour guides were very friendly and knowledgeable. Also this is the only tour that is actually in the woods. Another cool thing is that they actually own the land you are zip lining on and they try very hard to preserve it. It does take a little time to get there (they take you in a shuttle van) but the views are worth it. There is also a small hike to get to the lines but no worries the views will make you forget your quads are slightly burning. I thought it would be a little more nerve wrecking since i am very much afraid of heights but I wasn't scared at any point. I always felt safe with the guides :) I would do this again.

Visited August 2012

IL
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This zip line tour was awesome. My niece and nephew went on this tour. Their guide were Danielle and Krystan, very energetic guides. They were in a group of 7 and the tour lasted about 4 hours. Great value, lots of landings. My niece zip lined last year at a competitors place, Vertical Illusions is much better. They take the pictures for you and give you a free CD. Free pictures that is almost unheard of. The competitors place you could buy a picture for a small fortune. Defiantly will be going back to this place, it was awesome!!!

Visited August 2012
6 attraction reviews
“AMAZING! BEST ZIP LINE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I wasn't expecting them to take us on a long drive, but I was very glad they did because we got out of the touristy area and into Lake Delton. The tour guides were fantastic, very knowledgeable and friendly. I had trouble with braking on the first few zips, but I had zipped before in the past.. just never had to brake myself. I thought braking was great, it made me feel in control and it made it much more fun. It was very authentic and if you are looking for a real zip lining experience definitely go here! After the tour we got a CD of photos the guides took while we were out there and that was a nice keepsake.

Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
“Family adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My son is leaving for the Marines on sunday and my daughter had this awesome idea to have a family day. We decided to go zip lining. Actually they decided (I am afraid of heights) but it was one of the last family days we are going to have for a while. I couldn't be more pleased or have asked for a better experience. The guides helped me get over the nervousness and to try something new. It was great to see my son and daughter out there laughing having a great time. Thanks to all

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Went out with Vertical illusions day after July 4th for some zip lining. Originally my wife and i were suppose to start at 5pm but due to one of their vans being broken down - our tour was bumped back an hour to 6pm and we joined a group of 5 + the 2 tour guides equally 9 people total. That day was a scorcher - 100 degrees extreme humidity and with 9 people out on the zip lines resulted in a very long tour with lots of waiting as everyone took their turn zipping. As we got to the 4th to last zip line - I was ready to get off the lines as it was hot, humid, a lot of waiting, and the sun was no longer out. Our tour became a night tour by the time we zipped the last line (around 9:30pm).

The tour guides were fun and informational and at no point during the tour did I feel I was in any type of danger so it is fairly safe. The wife and I were disappointed in the complimentary photo CD. They were using a new point and shoot camera and did not know how to work it, so out of all the photos that were taken of us only 2 were decent.

A note that wasn't mentioned to us: You are shuttled to the zip line area approx. a 30-45min drive away from where you first meet. The total time of our tour was 4 hrs ( 6 to 10pm).

Overall It was a good experience. I probably would have had a better time had the group been smaller.