“Great Wolf is truely GREAT” 5 of 5 stars

Great Wolf Lodge
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1400 Great Wolf Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #26 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Wolf is truely GREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2004

I have been reading the reviews of others about the Great Wof Lodge and I am truely disappointed in some of the comments. Some of these people sound as though they have now reserved a room and we own the lodge so move over and serve me now attitude.

Now on with my comments about the lodge. My entire family enjoyed the lodge and we are planning our next stay there for a family reunion next year. Check in at the lodge is suppose to be 4 pm and we arrived there to meet up with some friends that traveled from Ohio at 11 am and I checked to see if we could at least get into one of our rooms and change so that the kids could go swimming and we were amazed that we got both of our rooms. We reserved the rooms over the internet and got a package deal on some spa items. Great idea have a message and relax, I made the comment when we were standing in the spa that you would never guess that there is a water park above where the spa is at. So I am not really all that sure about the one comment about the construction of the building sounded really good, or I should say, did not sound at all in the rooms, spa, or hallway, only the water park. The water parks are great and I was totally impressed by the lifeguards every where, and very helpful. Friendliness was never an issue with us, everyone was smiling and thanking you and saying good morning, the last time I went anywhere outside of North Dakota I dont remember somebody telling me good morning and making me feel great because I am there enjoying myself.

We will be back and enjoy all of the lodge again, and appreciate all of the service and friendliness that we recieved outside of our home state.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2004

If you want a great place, with it all stay here. The breakfast was awesome.. The rooms were clean. The indoor waterpark was the only thing my kids wanted to do.. It was deffinitly a place everyone should go......

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2004

My family and I have visited Wisconsin Dells numerous times and have concluded that the two best resorts there are Great Wolf Lodge and the Kalahari. The Great Wolf Lodge has great rooms...beds are a little uncomfortable, however. The resort is very well kept up, and the staff is friendly and helpful. The waterparks are great...several slides for all ages. The lazy river could be better. The best slides are the two outdoor ones. Plenty of lifeguards who seem to know what they are doing. Snack bar at the pool area is good too! Highly recommend for anyone visiting the Dells, especially families. Have fun!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2004

We LOVED it. We originally had reservations at the howard johnson hotel. That place was a joke. We walked out and went to the great wolf on a busy weekend with no reservations and they found room for us. The staff at the wolf is very friendly and we loved the huge indoor and outdoor water parks.

The room with the king size bed and sofa chair is terrific- we felt at home. It came with a large bathroom and get this, it even had a phone in the bathroom- Weird huh?

The room service was excellent! it is a little pricy but the food is outstanding and the staff who delivered it was so nice to us.

The indoor water park and outdoor waterparks are only open to hotel guests, the lines for the water slides are very short and very fun! the only thing is it was hard to find a chair because they were busy.

We ate dinner at the restaurant and the dinner that we had was very pricy and less to be desireable. when we returned our food with only a few bites missing, the waitress didnt charge us and sent her manager over right away to try to remedy the problem. she listened to us, and it made us feel as if what we had to say made a difference to her.

Kaukauna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2004

My husband and I recently took our Godchild and her family to the Great Wolf Lodge for her birthday. It may seem a little pricey when you use hotel discount websites, but it is well worth the price. With your reservation, the hotel includes 4 waterpark passes and 4 Wiley's wood Passes. It is a very good deal when you look around and see the hotels you would have booked through hotel discount websites!! The hotel was very clean, staff was friendly, and they absolutely cater to families and KIDS!! My 8 year old Godchild actually said, "I want to stay here forever"!! The hotel offers many children activities such as a bedtime story in front of their 3 story fireplace in the lobby, hairbraiding ($5-25 per strand though), and many other activities!
My husband and I even enjoyed ourselves! I am throwing him a surprise birthday party at the Dells for his 30th birthday...and would love to do this at Great Wolf Lodge. Only downfall is it isn't until October, and they won't post their rates out until later in the summer :( Also to get a group discount, you have to have at least 10 rooms reserved.....just an FYI!
Overall, WE loved the Great Wolf Lodge, and have recommended it to almost everyone....Especially families!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2004

We had the pleasure of staying at the Great Wolf Lodge in April. It was a wonderful time. The kids loved the water areas and especially love Wiley's Woods. We stayed on a weeknight and the hotel was very quiet. The rooms were large each with a private balcony or porch. The staff was polite and helpful.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2004

They have different activities for the kids all day on Saturdays. I liked how the waterpark opens at 8am. Others I've stayed at open at 10. I suggest going to Wiley's Woods before you cash in your arcade points. You get points that can be added to the arcade. The restaurant wasn't the best. The food quantity was small and expensive. I would suggest their cafe instead, at least for breakfast. It was a great experience though.

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!