“Already booked for next year!” 5 of 5 stars

Great Wolf Lodge
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1400 Great Wolf Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #26 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Already booked for next year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

To start out, we have been to The Kalahari in the Dells as well as Mt. Olympus. We LOVED the Great Wolf! We got there at 1pm on Friday and our room was ready to check into right away. The water park was extremely kid friendly (we had 4 kids aged 1-3). The Kalahari is great but the layout of the Great Wolf Lodge was much more convenient in our eyes. We had such a great time and have already booked our trip back next March. Just for a reference...we had 9 adults and 4 kids and everyone in our group will be returning next year! Again, I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking to go to the Dells!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Holland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I guess for the money it was ok but I wish I would have done more research of the area. There are many things to do but other indoor water parks have more for the money. We won't be going back.a little disappointed with what great wolf lodge had compared to a couple of the other parks in the area.

• Stayed March 2014
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Wisconsin Dells. I am sorry your family did not enjoy what our lodge has to offer. We are constantly working to provide new and different amenities for our guests, so I will share your feedback.

Wyoming, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We just got back from the Great Wolf Lodge last night. we stayed 3 nights. Kids are 5 and 7 and had a blast! Perfect slides and things to do for my kids ages. The ONLY thing that I would highly suggest is that the waterpark offer double tubes that have the kids end a closed side(no hole for the child to slip through). The wilderness has these tubes and it works out great with sharing a tube with your child. Then, your child does not need to sit on the adults legs and feel "not so safe". I also feel that there always should be "Two-Lifeguards" monitoring the wave pool at all times on each side. It is way too much for one lifeguard to be responsible for that many people in that environment.
We would go back again, it was a lot of fun and relaxing time. Good food at Buffalo Phils across from the hotel also.

Room Tip: 4th floor is quiet
Thunder Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

First time at the Great Wolf Lodge and we stayed for 5 nights. At the time I'm writing this we leave tomorrow. My kids are 11 and 13 and they had a great time in the waterpark and doing the MagicQuest. Food in the hotel is OK but not great. There are lots of options though within a short drive or walk. We went to several restaurants within walking distance that we're inexpensive and very good. We Also enjoyed having an outlet mall next door. The big downside was housekeeping any other hotel I have ever stayed it completely cleaned the room each day and replenished anything used. This is our fifth night and the only servicing done to our room is making the beds and replacing towels. Nothing has been cleaned or replaced. The floor is dirty and linens have not been changed as promised in their literature after three days. We have not had our coffee or our toilet paper replaced. Very surprised as the rest of our visit has been positive, seems like a weird area to save a few dollars. IF we come back I will be packing coffee packets and toilet paper. I am sure I could have asked for more but for the prices charged I shouldn't have too.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Wisconsin Dells and for giving us your feedback about your stay! We will share this feedback with the respective teams for them to review before you plan your next trip.

Hudson, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My three children and I (my wife's spring break did not line up with ours) went on a four-day, three-night tour of Wisconsin Dells--our first night at the Kalahari, the second at Chula Vista, the third at Great Wolf.

Check-in was easy and the room was very clean. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were a bit too thick for me, so sleep quality was just so-so. My kids were exhausted and slept well.

As a family, we had visited the Great Wolf four years ago. At that time, my wife and I loved the layout of waterpark in that it is three separate rooms: wave pool with slides; kiddie area with small slides, small play area, and a warming pool; huge play structure with body slides and the Howlin' Tornado. With the kids now 13, 11, 9, the separate-rooms layout was not as convenient in that for a time no one wanted to be in the same room at once and supervision was tricky for me.

The kids liked the waterpark overall but were disappointed that the body slides were not on. My oldest enjoyed the Howlin' Tornado. The other two did not want to try it. Most of our time was spent in the wave pool room, alternating between mat racing, tub slides, and waves. Tubes are not allowed in the wave pool, but my kids did not mind not getting to use them.

We swam a lot the day we checked in and swam again the next morning until 10:40. With a bit of hustle, we made the check-out time of 11:00. Of the three places we stayed on this waterpark tour, my 9-year-old liked the Great Wolf the best. My 13-year-old got a bit bored.

Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We have been staying with Great Wolf since it first opened. I have noticed things slipping down hill, and this stay was no different. Check in is still a mess, but I was happy to see they got rid of the desk that you had to pick up a parking pass at & be harassed into taking a time share tour. When I'm on vacation, I'm in no mood for a sales pitch, so I was glad to see this was gone & hope it never comes back. I wasn't able to get my upgrade which was annoying, but I was given a room close to the lobby which made me happy. The girl at the cub club is so sweet. My kids remembered her from last time & think she's nice :) Our room was small but fine, the bathroom was way too tiny for my taste. I need space to get ready & don't like doing it at the sink in the bedroom area. I went to take a shower, and was horrified to see dirty towels from the prior guest in my room. My husband threw them in the dirty linen cart in the hall, but we both cringed thinking the room wasn't properly cleaned. I was happy about the bed upgrades. Last stay we could not sleep. EVERY time we come here, and I mean EVERY single time, my kids get sick from the waterpark. I myself have gotten horribly sick from the waterpark here, so now I don't swim there. I even sent the GM an email just to let them know, and never heard a word back. I never see anyone cleaning the waterpark. After hours, they should have staff in there cleaning. In the wave pool area, my husband & I were SHOCKED at how much dust, dirt, grime, & mold was growing in the ceiling area by the windows. It was really bad. The life guards are wonderful. I saw them pluck a little one out of the pool that had fallen in. The ones in the wave pool area do need to be on the same page though. My son went to bring in a tube, which has always been allowed, and was told no, can't bring them in now. No big deal, but hours later a new lifeguard was allowing tubes in the pool. The arcade has gotten pretty crappy. Most of the games require a paw pass card, and each game required 4 paw points (4 quarters). That's nuts! And the prizes are garbage & require way too many tickets. Also the elevator was acting up during our stay. I went to alert the lady at the front desk, and she was incredibly rude! No reason to act like that! She snapped it me "I'm aware, I'm getting maintenance". If you are aware, then stick a sign on it , so guests know you are aware. Don't snap at them when they bring it to your attention. Overall, we will stay again because my children like it here, but it will be a long time before we do. I wish it would just get some TLC. It felt kind of dirty to us this stay, and with all the waterpark hotels in the area, you think they would be concerned about maintaining loyal customers (We have been since 1997!) . And to do that, you have got to ensure cleanliness.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your continued loyalty to Great Wolf Lodge – Wisconsin Dells and for sharing your detailed feedback!

Regarding the issue you have of your children getting sick in the waterpark each time you visit, is this something you bring to the attention of a member of our Aquatics team or Guest Services while you are on-site? We want to provide resolution in a timely manner, and the sooner we are aware of a situation, the sooner we can provide closure.

We look forward to hosting your family again soon!

Gurnee, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Great wolf lodge in july. It was a cold week so we were stuck inside at the indoor park. The indoor water park is very small it was not very fun. Outdoor was small too compared to other water park resorts. We asked for extra pillows at night and someone brought us 2 pillow cases stuffed with sheets! When I find the pic of this I will post it. At a price no cheaper than the larger resorts I must say this trip was not worth the money.

• Stayed July 2013
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience from when you stayed at Great Wolf Lodge – Wisconsin Dells! I apologize for the service you received when requesting additional items because this is not customary for us and fails to meet our standards.

When something like this happens, please bring it to the attention of Guest Services immediately to have closure on the situation in a timely manner.

Great Wolf Guest Relations

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!