“Another good stay at Great Wolf Lodge.” 4 of 5 stars

Great Wolf Lodge
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1400 Great Wolf Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #26 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Winnipeg, Canada
“Another good stay at Great Wolf Lodge.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We enjoyed our stay there yet again. Our children really enjoy the water park there. It really isn't fantastic, but it is fun, clean and my 10 year old likes the slides and my 3 year old enjoys the pool areas catering the younger kids. Best of all, there was no lines. We regretted going to Noah's Ark for a morning of our stay, and should have just stayed at the hotel. We avoided the restaurants after last year's meal which we did not enjoy at all. Our fridge in our room was not nice at all. The freezer leaked water. There was a tray to collect the water. The bathtub floor had an insert it seemed, and both my husband and I felt we were going to break through! Other that the aforementioned, we really enjoyed our stay. I loved our room otherwise with the loft and the beds and 3 tvs. We'd go back, but with the cost of the room, the fridge should be better and the bathtub floor should not creak and move when standing having a shower. My youngest did not want to leave and cried again when going. He also enjoyed the story at the main lobby.

• Stayed August 2013

913 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is our second time to a great wolf lodge our first time was Traverse City, Mi now this one. We had a great time the room was comfortable and clean with quite a bit space for two adults and three children. They upgraded us to better room at no charge. The first room I booked was a lone wolf condo but did not have a balcony (which I knew) and was a little further away from the water park. I simply asked for a family suite w/ balcony which are about 30-50 more a night. To our surprise it was a family suite w/fireplace and two TVs much closer to the water park. All the staff and seem to be very nice and the lifeguards for the slides were very nice to the kids. The magi quest is fun but can be a bit pricey but thats your choice to do it. Overall the only thing that I didn't like are the pillows are definitely not stomach or back sleepers they are quite firm and stuffed. But I really don't have any complaints we'll definitely be back. Be Leary of the bad reviews I don't see how some of these can be true sometimes you just can't make certain people happy.

Room Tip: Bring food and drinks for sandwiches and maybe some microwaveable stuff you'll save a ton as the...
Lombard, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We've been going to the Great Wolf Lodge for many years (10!!), and we have always had a fun time. The breakfast buffet is always great, and the restaurant is very good too. The rooms are clean, spacious and a great place to relax between trips to the water parks. The great thing about the water parks is that everything is in one place, and they are not overcrowded. There is plenty for young kids, teenagers and adults to do all day long. We have tried other resorts and the Great Wolf Lodge definitely has the best layout and amenities. The only downsides are the lazy river is really tiny, and it is a bit pricy.

Room Tip: Get a room above the first floor, and make sure it has a balcony.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was our first time ever at Wisconsin dells & at Great Wolf lodge. It was a a quick trip to surprise the kids for doing great in school. Two nights of water park fun with my 17, 11, and 1 year old was priceless.
My husband booked on line and we drove 3 hours to get there. The resort is beautiful both in and out. The entrance was Very clean,loved the high ceiling and the cute cabin decor.
The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and I liked the decor. Two queen beds & there was a fridge, coffee maker & microwave in room. The game room was fun the kids played games and won prizes. The water park had plenty to do for all of us. I was truly surprised that I had so much fun. I got on the water slides even though you had to carry your own tube
up the stairs (tiresome) I did it.
All the Pools were clean in and out. It was not packed with people since we went during the beginning of the week. Resort is fight next to an outlet mall and plenty of restaurants. We ate once at the hotels restaurant because it looked so beautiful bit the food wasn't that great. There home made pizza was so bad but the hot wings were ok.
Over all it was the best mini vacation we've had.
Can't wait to go back again with some friends.

• Stayed June 2013
Wellington, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. It's literally right off the highway. We took the kids (2, 13, and 17) for the water park, which they enjoyed. The restaurant was really good. I would highly recommend the chicken marsala with the rice. The best rice I've ever had. My only complaint was the room bathroom, which had mold on the caulk between the tile. It was all over the shower. The bathroom was also small which I could live with.

• Stayed August 2013
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Wow, this place is awesome! They have play areas, little slides, a wave pool, hot tub, and also some big slides. The tornado is the highlight of the trip. It's one of the funnest slides I've ever been on! Plus, the tubes can fit four. The rooms were great, too! Comfortable and spacious, plus there was a pizza place next door. Great water park!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Vicksburg, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Omg. What a waste of 1000.00 plus dollars for three days. Over priced. Rude staff Rude security and smelly bathrooms. I have been a repeat guest for 10 plus years. What the hell happened here. Lifeguards that don't speak English and a staff that looks like they hate working here. I will never be back here. Wilderness hotel you now have new guests. What a joke.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!