“Great trip - well worth every penny!” 5 of 5 stars

Great Wolf Lodge
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1400 Great Wolf Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #26 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“Great trip - well worth every penny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We traveled the weekend after Thanksgiving to the Great wolf lodge. There were 6 of us, my wife and i and 4 of our children all under the age of 6. We stayed two nights. We were in a standard room with two beds and a sofa bed. THe room was clean. We have many food allergies so we took full advantage of the in room fridge by bringing our own meals. THe kids were never bored we spent all day in the indoor water park and they were exhausted and ready for bed the next day. I would suggest bringing plenty of moisterizer or lotion for the children and coat them with it before bed. Being in the chlorine all day can take a toll on their skin. The kids still talk about it and can't wait to go back

Room Tip: We asked for a room close to the elevators and lobby which was nice. Normally, i would want to be fa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

907 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Champaign
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This extremely kid-friendly indoor water park/ lodge is very carefully maintained. The support staff is attentive and courteous. The real wonder was in the restaurant, which served tasty vegetarian stuff. Our family enjoyed a lot. The rides are fun for kids as well as adults. Highly recommended for all ages!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
milwaukee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I would never return to this hotel, they are very racist, and it is not worth the money at all. The staff is rude and racist, including the guests. there is limited activities and water rides. the rooms are not worth the money, i strongly recommend you stay anywhere else in the dells. these people are not cultured at all. they obviously resent money coming from black people

Room Tip: Please if you want to relax and have fun in the dells dont stay here, stay anywhere else
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Franklin Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I advise anybody using their online system do not do it, their system booked me for the same day I was on the system and as I proceeded to checkout, I noticed my dates were incorrect they don't have a system that allows you to review your purchase first, I spoke to Sales rep Brian he said there was nothing he could do but cancel it and charge me a $30.00 cancellation fee or give me a double the price stay when I told him not acceptable I asked to speak to a manager 2x's as the manager never came to the phone, so beware of their online scam of purchasing your hotel stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel has a massive indoor waterpark that is included in the room rate. Room rates are extremely high ($275-$300 per night) for this area and the rooms are small. Our room said it could hold six people, but we were packed in with two adults and two small boys. The restaurant and fast food place in the hotel were very overpriced, as were most of the activities. On the plus side - the water park was great with a lot of variety for all ages, even adults. The magic quest, an interactive game, was great for our six and eight year olds - but again, way overpriced. While the kids had fun, we won't go back again, as we could have gone to Disney or Universal for less. Also, our room didn't get cleaned until nearly 6:00pm, and we had to call to get it done then.

Room Tip: Don't believe the number of people they say will fit in a room - it's only true if you want...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brookfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We haven't been to Great Wolf Lodge for a few years. We went back because we got a really good deal. This trip was truly a disappointment. Got into our room, only to find that it smelled mildew and had sweet tart candy wrappers on the floor. I went to the front desk and the girl asked if I wanted the room to be cleaned again or if I wanted another room. We went with the new room, which was clean. We had the all-inclusive plan (part of what lured us back), so when we went to the restaurant, I asked the server about the plan. Neither the server nor the hostess could explain it to me, so we weren't really sure of what was "included." The water park is fine for families with small kids, but older kids might get bored. The bathrooms in the waterpark with the wave pool smelled like urine, so ended up walking over to the other bathrooms. Now...for the room. The pillows are lumpy and the bed had an indentation, so the two nights of sleep I had were fitful. I think Great Wolf Lodge does need to do some refurnishing, as these are the quality of mattresses of a crummy motel, not a nice waterpark hotel. I was truly disappointed with this. Back to the restaurants, the food was fine, but ended up really sick to my stomach (perhaps the chicken). My son was fine, he stayed with the steak and burgers. I really recommend not coming here if you have to pay full price. There are other, more up-to-date waterparks with much more to do close by.

Room Tip: If you go, try to stay on the 4th floor to avoid hearing the kids jumping around.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband, myself and 2 kids (ages 7 and 11) stayed for 2 nights at the Great Wolf Lodge. We have stayed there before and I had received an e-mail with a discounted rate for return guests. It was about $200 per night (Friday and Saturday night, including taxes, it would be cheaper during the week) for a family suite with 2 queen beds and a partial wall separating a sofa area. The room had a small refrigerator and a microwave and waterpark passes were included.

The room was clean and nice, we were on the top floor and our room had a tall cathedral ceiling. The tv swiveled so it could be seen from the bed area or the sofa area. My only critique on the room was that there was not much dresser space, just 4 drawers that weren't that big. The room could easily accommodate more storage. Also there were only 3 hangers in the closet area. Also one lamp did not work but we did call that in as a problem.

All four of us loved the waterpark. There was plenty to do for the day and half that we spent there. We did not do MagicQuest or any other activities. We ate at the Loose Moose (reviewed separately) it was very good. We were impressed at the hot food from the snack bar at the waterpark because it was fresh cooked to order, not sitting around. Also I had a grilled chicken salad and the lettuce was very fresh and good. Check in was quick as I had done the online check in.

Overall a very nice stay and we would go back again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!